• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

where to purchase vinyl and what do you suggest

Techman

Yow! this IS a tough crowd.

Yes, rightfully so. He comes in asking to cut out a professional because he is cheap.. Its even more sad that some are willing to support his cheapness. And its twice as sad that some in the busieness are sympathetic to him.

Hey dude. You can't to do it cheaper. Get a pro to do it for you and keep the economy going.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i don't know how people think it will be cheaper for them to buy the machines, software and material....you'll spend more on just the software than actually having the vehicle lettered.

jiarby

montroy, grimco, fellers, sign warehouse,, beacon graphics, wholesale banners, etc...

Ask for Avery... it's the best for moving vans.

be sure to post your designs & before/after pix.

or....Sell your plotter!

Design your wrap in CS3, using CMYK colors & bitmaps, then get a wholesale printer to make it for you. About $4/ft for IJ180C w/ LAM.
Better order two copies.... you'll know why about half way through the install.

Air Art Girl

sounds like you are trying to take the cheap way out. By the time you purchase the equipment, supplies and pay wages for someone to learn thru trial and error, it will cost much more then having a pro do the work. Doesn't sound like smart business to me. Throw the master in the dumpster!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Where the heck is everyone’s passion for the ‘Newbie’ ??

This IS a tough crowd, as mentioned…. and you’re always picking on the old farts saying we’re so hard on you younger guys/gals. Is the shoe on the other foot or am I missing something here ??

He introduced himself, placed it in the appropriate category and even offered help to others that might need it in another area….. where did THIS guy go wrong ??

I agree with all of you as far as he should be using a professional, but aren’t many of you the same people that say you have to start somewhere ??

I just don’t understand this way of thinking…. of always going on both sides of the fence……. to meet your current feelings.

Again, so many just don’t seem focused.

Just an observation…… nevermind

R08

Gino,

He's been given like 900% more info already than most of us started with... So if he gets a little ribbing... what the...

Even the pros got initiated at some time.

Suck it up... business is tough... we all get over it.

If he lives through this .. he just might make it.

broli4000

Hello from PA!

As has been stated, you can really just search online for vinyl. Signwarehouse and fellers are the two you should find easiest. Depending on how long you want it on there, you should probably be looking at a high performance vinyl from Oracal. If you use cheap vinyl, it will shrink and fall off or just look like crap, so be warned. DONT SKIMP ON VINYL!!!!!!

But, why are you doing it yourself? Why not spend a little bit of money and get it done right from someone in the business? It would be exactly like any one of us saying " I know that I am no mover, but it cant be that hard to do. I'll just go to Uhaul and get a truck and move that grand piano by myself " Its just asking for trouble both ways.

Support your local businesses and they will support you!

OldPaint

DELTA PA......where in the hell is that??????
sounds like it should be in MISSISSIPPI!!!!!!))))))))))))))

imaSIGNr

You still need more than a cutter, vinyl, computer and photoshop. You still need the design software. Photoshop don't cut the mustard......and some knowledge wouldn't hurt.

humaninput

OK I said I was a NOOB

Thanks for all the wonderful replies .. I know about the software (signGO pro) and have it
...but photoshop is still a great tool...

Last edited:

humaninput

Thanks I do have the (signGO pro)
software .. still photoshop is a great
tool .. and happy to know that you all
know everything already and will not
have any questions for me about photoshop

Last edited:

humaninput

done so much .. with so little
for so long .. that I can do anything
with nothing ..
I will post pictures of my work when I am done ..

Like in the portrait business .. everyone got camera phones so
our business dropped.

Maybe its time for some sign makers to find new work.

BTW I have been LMAO with this post
thanks for real

hammered

WOW grumpy. You have to understand the reason so many responses werent warm and fuzzy. These people do this for a living. They pay bills with the sweat and hard work they do. No wthis isnt to say youre stopping that process but, it sounded by you first post, you were looking for answers without putting in any leg work. Im not a sign person, I do decal work. But when I came in here, I read loads of posts, used the search and made an effort to find more answers that lead to the harder questions that many here are willing to point you in the right direction for an answer. And how certian questions are worded can make a difference. Im not preaching just pointing out what I see may have triggered the less than happy replies.

DOGraphics

Hi my name is John...

I've got my first vynil job and need help. It's for some

MOVING TRUCKS

ok real noob here when it comes to signs...
We have some moving trucks and want to put our information on them.
Name and phone #, just basic stuff. We have aquired a Master 36 inch
cutter.

Some guy in town was selling it cheap cause he

couldn't figure it out.

We need to know where to purchase the vinyl and what type you

wouldrecommend UMM for our needs?:thankyou:

For what it is worth I am offering the following

My real speciality is Photoshop, and I am willing to help anyone with any
questions about graphics.

THANK YOU :beer assholes

R08

done so much .. with so little
for so long .. that I can do anything
with nothing ..
I will post pictures of my work when I am done ..

Like in the portrait business .. everyone got camera phones so
our business dropped.

Maybe its time for some sign makers to find new work.

BTW I have been LMAO with this post
thanks for real

Camera phones are putting you out of business???
Come one... that's likes saying markers are putting sign companies out of business???

This is a joke right??

DOGraphics

Your are now an AZZ kisser

LOL :beer

Did you see the banners at the bottom of the page?

Merchant members !!!

H & H might have what you want ?

R08

but he is a good sport we gotta give him that!

I think he just may have the balls to be a sign man.