• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which Cutting Software?

Silverado

I am using Illustrator CS4.

What cutting program/software do you recommend?

No RIP just cut.

... Thanks

sinetist

I have SignCut X2, FlexiStarter and CuttingMaster (a plugin for Graphtec). They're similar but of the three I prefer SignCut X2.

Techman

Cocut pro will allow you to cut for at least 4 vector based programs. Illy, freehand, corel draw, autocad etc...
This is really nice when you get an illy file or a cad file and all you have to do is click on the cocut icon and you are operating.

Craig Sjoquist

good question ... can you cut from ..GIMP anyone know or do you need another software

since my Coreldraw X3 is in my downed desktop and can not remove to transfer to laptop all I have is the cheap china software for cutter and ..Gimp which I've barely use, confusing to me but keeps trying

OldPaint

since my Coreldraw X3 is in my downed desktop and can not remove to transfer to laptop all I have is the cheap china software for cutter and ..Gimp which I've barely use, confusing to me but keeps trying[/QUOTE] now you got me confussed............
COREL X3 DISC...........with serial# can be loaded into any other computer......

gala1993

Software

Does anyone have any free software for a lynx 24' cutter my 16yr old needs some to design her tshirts help please shes homeschooled and we need all the help we can get thanks

Techman

Does anyone have any free software for a lynx 24' cutter my 16yr old needs some to design her tshirts help please shes homeschooled and we need all the help we can get thanks

huh?

I hear this home school rap a lot. They ask for a hand out or ask for a very low price all the time.

Robert H. Bigart

How to cut direct from Illustrator & COREL

Hi Guys

First of all you must get a NULL MODEM CABLE to go from computer to (plotter) cutter.

Make sure it’s a NULL MODEM CABLE and not just a PRINTER CABLE.

Null Modem serial cables allows two DTE or DCE devices to communicate with no conflict in data transmission

Then convert your line weight to the thinnest (the one with 2 ARROWS).

Set all lines at Wire frame.

Export as a .DXF file.

Send your .DXF file to your Printer.

Set your printer preference to your plotter cutter at PRINT.

REMEMBER YOU MUST CUT FROM A .DXF file.

This works for me and I hope it works for you.

Thank You,
Bob Bigart

AusAndy

I have signcut pro but it does not work on windows 7 very well, so I have reverted back to using the mimaki supplied plugin for illustrator.

I used to like signcut, because I also use inkscape a lot and it supported that nativly, however I rarely touch inkscape these days and if I do I export to ai to cut.

The other bonus with signcut and the like is you can design on illustrator in your office, then use signcut out the back, no need for 2 copies of illustrator.

OldPaint

How to cut direct from Illustrator & COREL

Hi Guys

First of all you must get a NULL MODEM CABLE to go from computer to (plotter) cutter.

Make sure it’s a NULL MODEM CABLE and not just a PRINTER CABLE.

Null Modem serial cables allows two DTE or DCE devices to communicate with no conflict in data transmission

Then convert your line weight to the thinnest (the one with 2 ARROWS).

Set all lines at Wire frame.

Export as a .DXF file.

Send your .DXF file to your Printer.

Set your printer preference to your plotter cutter at PRINT.

REMEMBER YOU MUST CUT FROM A .DXF file.

This works for me and I hope it works for you.

Thank You,
Bob Bigart
WHATCHUTALKINBOUT WILLIS????????????????
i cut from COREL, been doing this since version 3!!!!!! NO NULL CABLE NEEDED.
with the proper driver, set up plotter in corel,and treat it as a printer, using a PRINTER CABLE, set desktop work space to emulate plotter, asign a hairline to all you want to cut......WALA you done!!!!