Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHO NEEDS TO PONY UP DAMAGE COST ???

Discussion in 'Screen Printing' started by PB33064, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Hold on there Sparky........ I already wrote I liked his ending. No where did I do what you are saying. You come here once a month, make this sh!t up and look for a fight. Go take some more meds and you'll feel better later on.

There are quite a few things this OP could've done, but he followed some bad advice, although the guy did say, they can stick. So, lucky for him, his customer bailed his a$$ out of a pickle. He learned an expensive lesson on his customer. Happy ending all the way around, til you came around. Now, you hafta go and derail this thread and send it down the toilet. You just never change.

2. TimToad

TimToad Very Active Member

Jun 13, 2013
    CA
    You most definitely should make some kind of crate with dividers in it if this is going to be a regular type of work for this client. I don't think Gino was rubbing it in on you, he was just stating a relevant, real life, recent example of how he handled a similar situation and how simple of a solution is readily available. We have a whole box of those hand clamps as well as straps, poly wrap, blankets, rolls and rolls of liner, kraft paper, etc.

I once managed the graphics dept. of a big tradeshow/exhibit house. We had built a huge 60'x60' tradeshow booth and product wall display system for Salomon sports. It took two 48' semi trailers to pack the crates for this thing, but we had built the crates to isolate each of over 100 4'x8' wall panels WITH product shelves so nothing would ever come within an inch of each other. The panels were hinged in a way that two people could slide them out of a crate one at a time and assemble the whole thing without incident.

The thing went from city to city, was used multiple times per year for several years and not a single component ever came back for repair.

The best planning is PRE planning for any circumstance that could go wrong. Those aren't cheap signs and neither is your reputation. It has years worth of investment built into and riding on it.

3. skyhigh

skyhigh Major Contributor

Jun 16, 2005
    PA
    Gino, what made you think I was talking about you?

dont be paranoid!!!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  4. skyhigh

skyhigh Major Contributor

Jun 16, 2005
    PA
    Sparky???
    LOL.......Is that because I know a little about electric?

5. Emd2kick

Emd2kick Member

Jan 18, 2018
    New Jersey
    I truly feel dumber for reading this thread...so I’m supposed to remove the slip sheets and pray my customer bails me out?

“The more you know”

6. PB33064

PB33064 Member

Nov 30, 2017
    FL

This was not the worst blooper I've done, and probably won't be the last. I didn't come here looking for validation, nor candy coated criticism. When I screw up, let me have it. So, I am putting this thread to rest, feeling good for most all the feedback.

As for your post Emd2dick. Your "waste of time" post, and only goal to belittle, tells me that you didn't join this thread very high on the intellectual ladder anyways.
    You'll be just fine.

Everyone else, I thank you again.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  7. night eagle

night eagle Active Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Crowley tx
    The manufacturer should be responsible here. You paid for these signs and they failed after a short period of time. If they failed during storage They prob would have failed during instal if the ink wasn’t cured properly. I would make the manufacturer redo.

8. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    Thats not true at all. Even uv cured ink can stick to itself when stacked. Improper storage of goods was 100% the cause of failure and nothing else.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Emd2kick

Emd2kick Member

Jan 18, 2018
    New Jersey
    PB thanks for trying to insult me, but you posted on something your little head could have worked out internally....or in theory you should have. You also got upset over a couple thousand dollars....which is pennies dude.

So I guess I’d rather be low on the “intellectual latter” and own a large growing company, then truly dumb and worrying about a couple thousand bucks. I have a great idea of where you can put the slip sheets next time ; )

10. Emd2kick

Emd2kick Member

Jan 18, 2018
    New Jersey
    PB, you also agree to match the lowest price if your customer finds one. And actually have had to do so. That’s a little pathetic....

11. PB33064

PB33064 Member

Nov 30, 2017
    FL
    Its the internet, you can say whatever makes you feel important Eric.
    By the way, Im actually B.Gates. My company is bigger than yours.

12. Emd2kick

Emd2kick Member

Jan 18, 2018
    New Jersey
    Taking high road, deleting this post

13. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Da fug....... I thought this thread was poked, done and put to bed a while ago. What happened ??

14. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    The happy ending wasn't satisfying enough... they brought out the ropes and chains... the safety word is "coroplast"

15. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    Well we now know your 2 hobbys, gaming and the above. Coroplast!

16. PB33064

PB33064 Member

Nov 30, 2017
    FL
    coroplast