• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Whose going??

MatthewTimothy

Just wondering whose all going to the ISA show in March @ Orlando Convention Center. Havent been in a couple of years and thinking i might take a trip down there.

SignManiac

I always take my guys over on Saturday for day. They seem to like it more than I do, but then again, I'm the one who spends all the money on new toys :)

cdiesel

I'll be there as usual.. Orlando sucks as a city though.. may need to take a drive to Ft Lauderdale!

skyhigh

I went 2 years ago. Too much LED and bucket truck crap. .

BITE YOUR TONGUE. :omg:

I went to vegas 2 years ago. I was glad there were other things to do while I was there.:rolleyes:

The show was uneventful, unless you liked to see a bunch of printers you have never heard of before..... and talk to little Chinese guys that couldn't speak English.

signswi

Yes that's exactly what a lot of us like. Nothing could be more boring than installation equipment, bucket trucks, etc. Bleh. If that stuff interests you go work for the power company, pays more.
:popcorn:

signage

Yes that's exactly what a lot of us like. Nothing could be more boring than installation equipment, bucket trucks, etc. Bleh. If that stuff interests you go work for the power company, pays more.

You must not do many electrical installs :popcorn:

skyhigh

Nothing could be more boring than installation equipment, bucket trucks, etc. Bleh. If that stuff interests you go work for the power company, pays more.

:help Aren't you a sign shop? Keep to the ground jobs, or afraid of heights?

A large format printer does not a sign shop make.

signswi

You must not do many electrical installs :popcorn:

Thankfully none at all. We shave profit off the bits you can automate (digital print fulfillment) while posting on forums and counting stacks of money (not quite). Today for example it's sleeting. Our clients who are install shops are dead for the day. It's business as normal for us. Receive order, fulfill, ship, profit, repeat. What stuff we get that's install and can't be done from the ground we outsource and in return we get all the digital printing from the install shops. Trust me, we "import" more business that way then we "export". The biggest sign shop I've dealt with doesn't even do that much, they're entirely middlemen dealing with the clients and using 3rd party vendors all over the world to fulfill everything.

You'll also find that a lot of shops on the forums don't do any electrical work and instead concentrate on things like vehicle wraps, volume flatbed production, trade show displays, etc. There are many segments to the business that have nothing to do with channel letters or light boxes.

The bit about the power company was just a throw away troll but my F-I-L ran bucket truck crews for power, retired in his early 50s with a huge pension. Probably different now in this economy and I know there's good money in install work as there is with anything that requires electrical. Mostly just trolling :).

Anyway I've derailed yet another thread and this conversation is probably better had in less public areas.

Last edited:

signage

Thankfully none at all. We shave profit off the bits you can automate (digital print fulfillment) while posting on forums and counting stacks of money (not quite).

While out doing the installs my printer is printing unattended and my cutter is also cutting.

Today for example it's sleeting. Our clients who are install shops are dead for the day. It's business as normal for us.

On these inclimate days I am loading my money into the other truck (used brinks just kidding)with my forklift, not enough time to count it! (Thank good for those automatic counting machines)

On the sunny days we get sun tans on the rainy days we post on sign forums:omg: while our other equipment runs unattended:clapping::popcorn::popcorn:

JK

Last edited:

HulkSmash

While out doing the installs my printer is printing unattended and my cutter is also cutting.

On these inclimate days I am loading my money into the other truck (used brinks just kidding)with my forklift, not enough time to count it! (Thank good for those automatic counting machines)

On the sunny days we get sun tans on the rainy days we post on sign forums:omg: while our other equipment runs unattended:clapping::popcorn::popcorn:

HulkSmash

BITE YOUR TONGUE. :omg:

I went to vegas 2 years ago. I was glad there were other things to do while I was there.:rolleyes:

The show was uneventful, unless you liked to see a bunch of printers you have never heard of before..... and talk to little Chinese guys that couldn't speak English.

Well i don't manufacture any lit signage. I outsource building like 9/10 other shops. And i already have all my install equipment...

is that better?