• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why do I get all the dummies as customers..

SignManiac

Now she wants me to write a letter to her CEO so I can cover her butt.

Dear Sir,

By request of your manager, I have been asked to explain why she made an error on her part and is now expecting me to cover her butt, which we try to avoid touching, due to the possibility of a sexual harassment complaint.

Our company has performed our work as carefully outlined and proofed prior to, so I would assume your manager my have some visual complications and on her behalf, you should probably consider having her eyes examined by a qualified eye doctor.

Regards,

John Doe C.E.O.

XYZ Sign Company

Techman

Now she wants me to write a letter to her CEO so I can cover her butt.

We arrested a drunk girl afer she wrecked her car. She ran over 100 ft of chain link fence, ripped a porch of a house, ran thru a ditch and broke off a power pole. She was unhurt

Got her to the station and she demanded I call her mom and tell what we were doing to her.

Ok,,

Hello, Mrs X, I am corporal ,,, from the sheriffs office.. Do you have a daughter named lexi?
Yes,, what is going on?

Well she was just in a very bad car wreck,,, (Pregnant pause)
OMG!!! is she OK??

No,, (Another pause)

What is wrong with her?? (She sounded very upset)..

She is here at the sheriffs annex and is very drunk. She will be going to jail tonight and wil not get out for a week,

Lexi went ballistic. Well, lexi, you told me to call....

So you see. She may demand you write her boss, but you can be really informative...

Ghost Prophet

We've got them too...but we don't have public restrooms. I let one guy use it, and he tracked oil all the way through the shop on our new carpet. Anyone else, I've just told them no.

We don't have public restrooms either but if someone really needed to go we would probably let them...

Carpet in a sign shop? Glad we don't have carpet for a few different reasons.

#1: I've heard about a lot of problems with static cling on material.
#2: I would really hate for any electronics to be hit by electrostatic discharge while being serviced.
#3: Getting shocked by every door knob in the building would suck balls.

We have some -slow- customers too but we have a really really talented receptionist for them. Yay :D

Malkin

my dummy of the day...

Provided some flat cut acrylic letters (from Gemini) for a guy to install onto a giant saw blade. After getting home he calls and wants to know why some of them are backwards. Um, turn them over?

emo

Malkin's tale reminded me of this one...

Sent a customer a sign with an acrylic shield to screw on front. He called after he got it and said something to the effect that "Uh, I think you sent me the wrong cover for the sign - this one's blue."

Blue?....."Ah, did you take off the protective plastic sheet? It's blue so that's what you're seeing."

"Oh, ok. Thanks!"

Phone rings again .... "It's STILL blue!"

Still blue? ....... "Did you take it off of both sides?" click

Problem solved

Marlene

Being PC is noting but censorship. It means you cant say something what should be said..

so you think it is OK to walk up to a person who is mentally challenged and call them a retard? why would that need to be said? PC is having good manners and having a respect for others. if you find that just too damn hard to do as it is "censorship", you must be one sad excuse for a human being.

Fitch

Two points:

1) miscomunication on whoever's side

2) problem still exists - no matter what was EXPECTED. Whoever is at fault - come to an amicable agreement as to a mutual outcome.

"They are good customers of mine and I don't want this to ruin the relationship".

If they are that good... just fix it and recoup little by little over time. If you lose them, you will never see the outlay (to fix) again. YOU LOSE.

Fix it, keep the relationship, and cha ching... the $$$ keeping the doors open and a client who is saying "they worked really hard towards fixing my problem"

Win Win

Cheers- G

omgsideburns

retards? what about 'em?

the problem is what wasn't an offensive word is offensive now because of some name calling. retard only means slow. if i call you mentally challenged and you're not, i might as well call you a retard.

my mom is a teacher for severely mentally/physically or "developmentally disabled" kids, and she says "they are retarded, but they are not retards" whatever that means. there is a problem in that field with a new "PC name" coming around every few years. She has a list of things they should say besides retarded or handicapped but what's the point? All of these phrases will become the butt of a joke if they become broadly used.

TheSnowman

We don't have public restrooms either but if someone really needed to go we would probably let them...

Carpet in a sign shop? Glad we don't have carpet for a few different reasons.

#1: I've heard about a lot of problems with static cling on material.
#2: I would really hate for any electronics to be hit by electrostatic discharge while being serviced.
#3: Getting shocked by every door knob in the building would suck balls.

We have some -slow- customers too but we have a really really talented receptionist for them. Yay :D

We have no issues with any of that, so maybe I'm just special.
:corndog:

signmeup

retards? what about 'em?

the problem is what wasn't an offensive word is offensive now because of some name calling. retard only means slow. if i call you mentally challenged and you're not, i might as well call you a retard.

my mom is a teacher for severely mentally/physically or "developmentally disabled" kids, and she says "they are retarded, but they are not retards" whatever that means. there is a problem in that field with a new "PC name" coming around every few years. She has a list of things they should say besides retarded or handicapped but what's the point? All of these phrases will become the butt of a joke if they become broadly used.
Bingo! When I was a kid "Retarded" was perfectly fine. (The retarded kids had their own class room) Over the years it became derrogatory. Whatever PC term you use today has the potential to become derrogatory tomorrow.