• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WinCut 2.1

hello,

i wish to cut from wincut 2.1, but, unfortunately my summacut d60

doesn´t have USB plug.

it´s connected via parallel cable to pc, but couldn´t work properly .

the program setting contains just com1,2,3,4 and file, but not LPT .

i have another cutting softwares, byt this is my favorite one .

could you help me please?

thanks

Jackpine

Does your computer refer to your LPT as parallel? They are the same. A LPT is a printer port. If you can not connect LPT a serial port (com) is a a good choice. Com ports are a bit faster. If the cutter and the printer is connected LPT, I would think that they are not configured correct. They used to call this "handshake". Go into the wincut and add the drivers and connection to the software. I hope some of this helps.

good idea,

as i mentioned before, wincut 2.1 doen´t offer set up to LPT 1,

just com1,2 etc.

it´s strange, because winplot does.

any idea???

i think parallel cable should allow some communication between summa

and pc, but why does´t in this case???

Jackpine

It seems that a com connection its the way to go. I had a Roland PNC1000, only com and lpt connections. The com connected worked very smooth and it was faster than lpt.

signage

The com port is what is usually used to connect a plotter. with the com port the plotter can tell the computer/software size of media etc. Most plotter have parallel port due to the original use as pen plotter for the cad industry, which they were used as a large format printer.

Decal_Designs

Are you positive that your D60 doesn't have a USB port?
It would be directly under the power chord socket. It's not the slim rectangular slot called a USB type A, but it is more a square shape.
It's called a USB type B plug. Sorry if you already know this.

BobbyFosson

If I remember correctly, the Summa D60's did not include a Parallel Port connection... Only Serial or Serial/USB with the D60u models.

If my memory is correct, why do you need an option for the LPT port (Parallel/Printer)

Techman

they wanna cut direct from corel. That needs a paralell port. Most people have no idea how to send to a serial port.

hi everyone,
thank you everyone for your help and interest!
sorry, i´ve been off for a while.
i´m sure, my d60 doesn´t have usb switch/please check it by yourself :)
the male switch cable from plotter is parallel, and the male switch to my pc is serial.
the main problem is, that when i like connect plotter with summa cutting control, i can´t finish it, the is no option for non usb connection.
plotter is connected to LPT1, but how can i set it up, there is no free ltp1 port in general option.
winplot is fine for cutting, but i prefer wincut, i use it at work.
what do you think?any ideas?

Attachments

• summa.jpg
    summa.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 580
  • wincut.jpg
    wincut.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 602