Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Window Perf Films - What are YOU using? (for the HP25500)

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by ShoNuff, Jun 20, 2012.

1. ShoNuff

ShoNuff The Doer of Things

Mar 23, 2012
    Springfield, IL
    Window perf films - What are YOU using?

We're running HP25500 with latex inks. So far we've used Briteline Window Perfs from Grimco with varied end results. First we noticed there was an issue with the laminate combination. We change from clearlam to curvalam... but its order time again and we're trying to get a consensus on what the lot of other shops are using with success. Preferably what brand you're using for vehicles and shops. I know the differences between the 50/50 - 65/35 and where they go for applications...

I just would like to know what everyone else is having successful results with (Hopefully using the same printer we are.)

Thanks in advance!

Tags:
  2. airborneassault

airborneassault Member

Aug 31, 2008
    Colorado
    Get ahold of BigFish (Josh). He has some awesome products and his window perf is no exception and at the briteline price or better. Works great in the L25500.

3. 2CT Media

2CT Media Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    We use Beline from N. Glantz which is comparable to the ClearFocus Paper Liner.

4. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    ClearFocus. I've used Briteline perf... lower your heat, use 12 pass.

5. ShoNuff

Mar 23, 2012
    Springfield, IL
    Any opinions on Solvex? That was referred to us by another company who's apparently been using it for quite some time. Ive read good and bad on the brand but have no first hand experience with it.

6. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    Solvex Suckex

7. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    solvex is trash.

8. ShoNuff

Mar 23, 2012
    Springfield, IL
    Thanks for the replies everyone. Still havent nailed down a selection. Im sure it will all happen tomorrow anyway....

Til then!

9. Desert_Signs

Desert_Signs Verboten

Jan 31, 2011
    +1. Although, sometimes it wants to jam up in my L25500, but only the first 30' or so, after that it's fine.

BTW: Garrick said hi. :wink:

10. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Oh man you gotta use my perf you will love it I guarantee and it's killer in the latex machines or solvent.

11. signspot

signspot Hokiesigns

Jul 15, 2010
    Hokie Nation
    Talk to BigFish. His perf works awesome in the HP Latex. The quality and price are unbeatable. You wont' regret it. Give him a shout.

12. cdiesel

cdiesel Very Active Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Josh's stuff is good..

13. OlsonSigns601

OlsonSigns601 Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Nothing wrong with Solvex.

Its got a 1 year life rating and I've had it on vehicles for at least 2 years not laminated and it looks fine.

So for something they say will only last 1 year and it lasts for 2, not bad in my opinion.

14. ShoNuff

Mar 23, 2012
    Springfield, IL
    Josh - Do you have a website link I could follow? Or samples I could try? We are looking for a solid source for great materials for the HP25500.

15. omgsideburns

omgsideburns Very Active Member

Apr 15, 2008
    We use a Clearfocus material.. not sure what #. We have a hard time printing on any of the materials that don't have that hybrid paper/plastic backer since our machine puts out so much ink it clogs up all the holes and the clearfocus has that so we've stuck with it.

16. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    6 months tops in Fla. If you're lucky. If you like unhappy customers, solvex is the way to go.

17. ShoNuff

Mar 23, 2012
    Springfield, IL
    Burns- can you get me the product number when you get a chance? It would be greatly appreciated. Looks like ClassicVue is the vehicle choice in ClearFocus products.. but then again, Ive heard both good and bad.. But in reality.. its window perf so theres always going to be a 50/50 or 65/35 chance in pros vs. cons

*badoomboomcha*

18. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over

No website yet (lots of red tape with some companies I work with) I talked with your partner and we are all setup ready to rock it! You will be happy with it for sure.

19. shoresigns

shoresigns Very Active Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    Perf without laminate on vehicles? That sounds dangerous. Does it not turn into beer goggles when it gets rained on?

20. RSC Graphics

RSC Graphics New Member

May 19, 2014
    St. Joseph, MO
    Im using the Briteline on an L25500 and the first 25' worked perfectly but after that I got head strikes every time. Lowered heat gradually until ink was not curing and still had head strikes. Frustrating to say the least. I see that you suggest 12 pass. I wonder if you would take a look at the attached settings and recommend other adjustments.
    perf.jpg