• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Wondering why................................

petepaz

funny i bet if you checked their facebook profile everything but the kitchen sink is on there...haha i agree some of that info is helpful for us to help them. like you said sometimes they leave out valuable info that if i saw in your profile , like what printer you are running then i could give you a better answer. i can understand you don't want to put your whole bio or bank info but what does it hurt if we know what equipment you have. i have also looked at some of that stuff to see if i could trade business services with people if they aren't that far.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I think for new people it can be a bit intimidating to put all your info out there just in case area shops are reading your posts (I know, seems stupid but nobody wants to look like a moron in your own community). Perhaps we want to remain a bit more anonymous as we stumble around asking some dumb questions here and there? However, I've found that all the shops in my area have their own area of specialty with price points to match so in reality, it doesn't matter. The shops I have the pleasure of working with are wonderful, helpful people. It just takes time to feel comfortable. Your point is well received though, it's difficult to help others if you don't have the full story. I just updated my profile. For the record, I live in a gray house, have 2 awesome teenage boys, a wonderful boyfriend, my favorite food is pizza, favorite hobby is gardening and I drink Busch Light LOL

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I'm 33 (Had to think about that and do some quick math) Wife, 7-year old daughter, and work from home mainly installing. Don't know my blood type, gluten-free for serious reasons, don't like being social or drinking or hobbies or sports...I do enjoy running my business, that's my hobby.

Today's adventure..

xXacC4-m1qDGIxhUtfozP-aXr8bFI-Af3ydEnBU6UC5vcZPeqwBAwWMOp0jwotcWdt4Lpcr1hqAkekvYh5OpRnWlkNb6pJQg6Few9Go-h0nZfoHytLbddUNQVrDuv8YnpRfOyEp76YM=w457-h938-no

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Took me 20 minutes to figure out how but just for giggles I updated my profile. Just to clarify it wasn't hidden just didn't offer much insight. I'm not afraid to share. One time at band camp...Oh wait tmi

Johnny Best

So now we have Jay Grooms with an avatar of himself and his wife? And myront updating his information on his information area. A lot to take in. I don't need to put a face or information to a person on here, it's kind of like seeing Tom Cruise in person and finding out he is 5'2", takes the mystery away.
If someone does not have a pic of themselves or no information and wonders how to plug in their printer to the wall, I assume its a guy who looks Mike Myers as Fat Bastard. Makes you want to help the guy out more. But hey, thats just me.
I wonder if Toad is going to update his information with having Peyronie's Disease and which flavor of Gummy Bears he likes, I don't think so!

equippaint

So now we have Jay Grooms with an avatar of himself and his wife? And myront updating his information on his information area. A lot to take in. I don't need to put a face or information to a person on here, it's kind of like seeing Tom Cruise in person and finding out he is 5'2", takes the mystery away.
If someone does not have a pic of themselves or no information and wonders how to plug in their printer to the wall, I assume its a guy who looks Mike Myers as Fat *******. Makes you want to help the guy out more. But hey, thats just me.
I wonder if Toad is going to update his information with having Peyronie's Disease and which flavor of Gummy Bears he likes, I don't think so!
You mean that's not you in your avatar? Is Gino's a fake as well?