• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Workflow software

Ken M. Klein

Keep it simple and make it easy. I found a 4'x8' white board mounted to a wall worked like a charm so everyone knew the status of nearly every project in house..

Tattoosleeve

We're on Shopvox. It's made a big difference for us to manage large volumes of work as we grow. It's the only workflow software we've used so I can't really speak to my "favorite". Before Shopvox we were using custom "task" forms in Outlook. These were good for workflow but they weren't connected to our invoicing system. It helped bring most things under one umbrella. It definitely isn't perfect and has some quirks but I've never come across a software that doesn't.

BALLPARK

Looking forward to the responses in this thread.

We use SignTracker basically just to track our invoices and pricing plans. But we are looking into other options for a true content management system that can be used to track the progress of our larger State-Wide campaigns in terms of artwork, production, shipping, and installations.

I hope to see some new options from this thread. I kinda get the feeling that we will need to either have our own created or use something that was created outside of the sign industry and make it work for our needs.

WildWestDesigns

I tend to like the options that are open source (for customization) and that are self hosting. Not necessarily free (or for some features are not free), depending on what you are wanting (common misconception about open source). I'm still one of those tinfoil hatters that hasn't embraced other people's computers...uhhhh "clouds" for my data. I tend to like Dolibarr self-hosted, but that will depend on ability to handle that. They do have an option for them to host as well. Just depends on what you are looking for.

LarryB

We are on ShopVox and somewhat happy. Takes twice as long to do anything compared to SignVox. Would love to have SignVox back.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We have a custom Filemaker solution we built that connects to Quickbooks Enterprise and firesprint.com. Worst and Best decision ever. We can literally do anything we want to do with data, tracking, automation, etc. The problem is we can litterally do anything...So the list of things to do is never ending. :)

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
You don't mention your specific needs, but Workflow Max is simple to use and isn't bloated down with a lot of complicated stuff.

JB

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
I'm a technologically inclined person, but when it comes to workflow, I prefer an analog system.

I have a wall that holds my clipboards separated by type (regular sign stuff, screen printing, embroidery and pending approvals) and then a weekly schedule. Then there's a dry erase board that has a three week schedule on it. That's color coded by type and where in the process it is. Lastly, I have a planner. One side of the open page is my weekly schedule and the other has things I need to order from vendors, a running list of estimates I need to complete and a list of estimate I did last week that I need to follow up with this week.

I'm a fast typer, but entering my schedule into a bit of software seems tedious when I can write it down in half the time. Plus, I don't need to have another screen open because I can just look at my schedule or the wall and see what I need. The wall also makes going through current orders easy. We have a Monday morning meeting and just go through the work for the week and figure out the install and service schedule.

2019-03-13 13.10.09-1.jpg 2019-03-13 13.10.22.jpg

WildWestDesigns

I'm a technologically inclined person, but when it comes to workflow, I prefer an analog system.

I have a wall that holds my clipboards separated by type (regular sign stuff, screen printing, embroidery and pending approvals) and then a weekly schedule. Then there's a dry erase board that has a three week schedule on it. That's color coded by type and where in the process it is. Lastly, I have a planner. One side of the open page is my weekly schedule and the other has things I need to order from vendors, a running list of estimates I need to complete and a list of estimate I did last week that I need to follow up with this week.

I'm a fast typer, but entering my schedule into a bit of software seems tedious when I can write it down in half the time. Plus, I don't need to have another screen open because I can just look at my schedule or the wall and see what I need. The wall also makes going through current orders easy. We have a Monday morning meeting and just go through the work for the week and figure out the install and service schedule.

View attachment 139601 View attachment 139602

Old style hoopmaster? Gotta love that (OT I know).

I hear ya on the analog, I probably would have gone that way if office was next to production. Sometimes a combo of both works.

BALLPARK

I like to have a digital version for tracking online, but the analog system that WhiskyDreamer shows above is always a good thing to have for the process as well. Combined makes it easier to update the analog daily and then update the digital for the overview of all projects.

Good stuff in this thread... Looking forward to hearing more about the digital options that are available on the market without having to have it custom coded.

BALLPARK

Trello looks good for tracking progress and having multiple people update a project. We like SignTracker for creating the invoice and tracking the overview of the project. But we are looking into new options there as well.

SignTracker + Trello is not a bad option until we can find some other solutions that combine the two options.

GB2

Old Member
We have a custom Filemaker solution we built that connects to Quickbooks Enterprise and firesprint.com. Worst and Best decision ever. We can literally do anything we want to do with data, tracking, automation, etc. The problem is we can litterally do anything...So the list of things to do is never ending. :)
I used to be a Filemaker Developer in another life but it's been years now since I've done anything with it and now I'm so far behind it would be like starting all over again. I'd love to know more about your system and how it functions. Did you do any of this in house or did you sub it out to a developer? I think a Filemaker solution could be the perfect option, if it was done right.