• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

World Cup

Neil

When team USA get a spanking at the hands of the mighty England tomorrow they only need to lose twice more before they're on the plane home.... you only need maintain your disinterest for a few days.... team USA will be home before you know it :)

Well the Poms could only manage a draw against Team America, thanks to some pitiful goalkeeping from the mighty England's keeper. Hilarious.

Fatboy

Well the Poms could only manage a draw against Team America, thanks to some pitiful goalkeeping from the mighty England's keeper. Hilarious.

Neil(my name is also Niel) Just spelled differently. What is happening to sport in Australia? A few years ago you guys use to win almost everything.When last did that happen ? Right now you guys suck at anything that involves a ball.....:ROFLMAO:Maybe it is because you owes are hosting all the "run away" South Africans.........Shame man.:Australia

Neil

Well be beat England at rugby last night - 27 to 17 if that counts for anything?
Won the womens French open tennis last week...
okay I'm starting to get desperate now
umm, won the womens snowboarding event at last winter games!!
Go Torah!! hehe
I'm done.

Fatboy

Well be beat England at rugby last night - 27 to 17 if that counts for anything?
Won the womens French open tennis last week...
okay I'm starting to get desperate now
umm, won the womens snowboarding event at last winter games!!
Go Torah!! hehe
I'm done.

Ja I m just teasing.Good game last night.South Africa beaten France as well!

geb

Germany and Argentina look strong, with S. Korea a long shot pick. Looking forward to the big boys, Spain, Brazil.

Neil

Socceroos trounced by Germany 4-0!
Gonna make it hard for them to hang on after that drubbing.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
+1, what he said.

It takes time and effort to understand soccer game at this level. If one refuses to give it a chance it just won't happen.

Speaking of level of play, did you see that handball -red card in the game between ALG vs SVN?
It looked like he got so excited to be on the ball he thought he was playing rugby.

Good stuff all around but I, like others have said, could do without the horns....

wayne k
guam usa

V-ENGRAVE

Red card was due to player being booked already for previous infraction (yellow card, 2 yellows=red). As you know it is rare that player gets straight red card. It has to be vicious foul to be sent of the field but it does happen.

Did you see handball in penalty area in the game Ghana vs. Serbia that led to Ghana winning the game? BTW, that game was so far best to watch, IMO.

Red card was due to player being booked already for previous infraction (yellow card, 2 yellows=red). As you know it is rare that player gets straight red card. It has to be vicious foul to be sent of the field but it does happen.

Did you see handball in penalty area in the game Ghana vs. Serbia that led to Ghana winning the game? BTW, that game was so far best to watch, IMO.

Yep! The Ghana win was GREAT! It was a historic win..

Germany pretty much raped AUS..

USA is playing friday at 730 mountain time
Its a MUST win

Fatboy

I agree with you guys...the vuvezelas(trumpets) is getting bad. In our news papers this morning they are talking about banning them for the finals!

Neil

I agree with you guys...the vuvezelas(trumpets) is getting bad. In our news papers this morning they are talking about banning them for the finals!

I hope they do Niel. It's distracting to everyone watching - either at home on TV or in the crowd. Imagine paying top dollar to see your team and having to put up with that constant sound.
Does it affect the player's concentration? I would think so.

And to uneducated plebs like me who can't appreciate the game for all it's
subtelties, it makes it harder still to watch.
Sure it adds to the carnival atmosphere, but I wish they would keep them outside the stadiums on game day.

signmeup

I watched a few minutes of it. The drone of those horns was really annoying. I thought it was a soccer thing put apparently it's a South African thing. You should make them stop. Maybe they could use noise cancelling software for the TV broadcast?

I can't believe how tireless the people are at blowing those things. How could anyone sit in the hot sun and blow a plastic horn for HOURS & HOURS & HOURS?

I liked the changeable banners surrounding the field.

Fatboy

The vuvuzelas are traditionally made out of Kudu horn but some bright spark came up with idea to make them in plastic and sell them to the crowds.I don't quite know why they doing it during the world cup because normally it is not like that at soccer game here.I also have some bright spark neighbor that does it all times in the early morning.My boy even had a vuvuzela 'blow off" at school to see who can make the biggest noise! Ridiculous!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
When I compare the 2 hand balls it looks like the Serbia foul was unintended. I mean they both where but in the first it looked like he reached up not thinking and tried to catch it.

Fatboy do you know who wrapped those Hyundai team buses?
They look pretty good, you get any of that work?

wayne k
guam usa

Fatboy

When I compare the 2 hand balls it looks like the Serbia foul was unintended. I mean they both where but in the first it looked like he reached up not thinking and tried to catch it.

Fatboy do you know who wrapped those Hyundai team buses?
They look pretty good, you get any of that work?

wayne k
guam usa

I am not sure who did the busses. I got lots of work from Fifa.We mainly did the bus stops for the Durban Metro.Unfortunately for me most of the work was affirmative action work witch means we could not tender.How ever as usual the work was not done properly and last minute all the white owned companies where called in to fix it up. This is the story of our lives here in South Africa.I love this country but affirmative action is getting out of hand.It cost the goverment Billions in redoing the same job and fixing up.