• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Would like some feedback - wrap for my shop van...

nodrenim

Regardless of what you do, DROP THE TAGLINE! Everyone and his brother will try to chop you down. If you can't say it in seven words or less, don't say it. I like Jillbeans layout and if the tagline on Joe Diaz's layout falls off, that would be a good layout also. When you advertise low rates, one of two things happen, people think you do work of lesser quality or they try to talk you down. Just my 2 pennies. Good Luck!

GypsyGraphics

Funny, the logo was the last thing of concern, (it was done up for me by a friend who is a graphic artist who specializes in logo design - he used a font base for easy vinyl cutting and dressed it up).

We actually liked the logo and have had many compliments on it...

After reading this, i thought there was no hope... you were going down in flames! Joe to the rescue!

HeavyHitter

I didn't read the whole thread, but I looked at your name and a few ideas came to mind. Thought I would share:

I think a nice corporate look would go great with your name. Like others said work on a solid logo first.

I personally like simple and clean wrap designs over textured fills and Photoshop effects. I normally like the true-flame look, especially if you are going with some "digitalflames.net":thumb:. But that seems too obvious for your brand. I don't know maybe I'm too used to seeing everyone use flame graphics on everything they get their hands on.:omg:

View attachment 50519

Looks cool Joe. :thumb:

Dan

Fatboy

I didn't read the whole thread, but I looked at your name and a few ideas came to mind. Thought I would share:

I think a nice corporate look would go great with your name. Like others said work on a solid logo first.

I personally like simple and clean wrap designs over textured fills and Photoshop effects. I normally like the true-flame look, especially if you are going with some "digitalflames.net":thumb:. But that seems too obvious for your brand. I don't know maybe I'm too used to seeing everyone use flame graphics on everything they get their hands on.:omg:

View attachment 50519

very ,very nice

andy

Don't waste your time trying to craft a professional brand image if you are planning to persist with the AWFULNESS that is the invented word "SIGNZ".

You can create the sweetest looking graphics... if you dump a grammatical dollop of $hit on top it's going to UNDO all your hard work.

Fire Signs is a PERFECTLY good name.... changing it to SIGNZ achieves NOTHING positive.

Dave Drane

You have to remember it is still a advertising sign. It must be read as a speeding vehicle goes by. Forget the trims and fancy stuff you were trying to apply and take the Diaz advice but not necessarily the same fonts and colour scheme. the idea is there and if you can't follow your instinct on that idea then you should not be selling SIGNS. Personally I don't see the need for a wrap.

GB2

Old Member
What does the fact that you are a "Fireman" and you are psychotic about fire have to do with your trying to develop a sign business?? Rethink the whole idea, change the name of your company, come up with a business plan, then think about re-designing your logo, van and all the rest of your marketing materials in a relavent, consistent manner.

Geez...I don't know what it is about those fire guys.....

artsnletters

What does the fact that you are a "Fireman" and you are psychotic about fire have to do with your trying to develop a sign business?? Rethink the whole idea, change the name of your company, come up with a business plan, then think about re-designing your logo, van and all the rest of your marketing materials in a relavent, consistent manner.

Geez...I don't know what it is about those fire guys.....

is the OP an actual fireman? I agree with the poster above that the "Z" on the end looks silly....
Pay Joe for his design and use it and call it good.
Tim
PS Joe is an actual designer as opposed to whoever did your original design (the things that pass for good these days just amaze me).