• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Would this p!$$ you off ?

skyhigh

Exactly, i had that happen to me as well. They had the nerve to come in about a month later to place an order for a apair of car mags. Just as he was leaving, he placed a few of his business cards & a brochure on my desk, and you guessed it, crappy cookie cutter vista print cards. Sure, vista print is cheap, and the cards look the part. Needless to say, in the trash they went.

Give your buddy a call....tell him his cards and brochure's went like hot cakes, and tell him he's welcome to leave a BIG stack.

Have him bring in a couple hundred a week, and see how long it takes him to catch on. :ROFLMAO:

Techman

IF we focus on the individual account then we will wither on the vine. IF we develop a business model from which to operate than follow that plan we will grow.

The business model determines what we do. Not our feelings, not our friends, nothing else matters. We develop the plan to follow statistical analysis that guides our decisions. Each phone call is logged, each appointment is logged and every sale is logged.

Each step of the way points to the necessary changes.
If we follow this model then we will never worry about that friend or foe that ripped us off over an order.

Our plan should include the 4P's of selling. During our step by step plan we will find out when to continue or stop the close.

Pivot. Profile, praise prompt.

Pivot.
How much for a sign,
we have so much to offer that we need to spend a minute to find otu one that fits yoru needs exactly.
I want it cheap.

Yes, of course. Every one wants a bargain. That is why I am taking a minute to give you the best one.

What is the sign for? etc.

During this part you are digging for the reason they want this sign.
If its for a No parking then you know its a 30 buck sale. go to close.

If its for an identity sign then you move to the next few questions.
When you figure out exactly what the sign is for and what is causing his deepest pain then you have it. Amplify that pain until he has a nervous breakdown.

Then you praise your ability to find that pain and have the answer to cure it.

praise...
Yes mr. client. We know exactly what is causing your deepest pain. We took a minute to find it now we can address it. Since we were the only one to find this pain obviously we are the only one qualified to fix it.

Great when can we start.

We are already 30% into it. In fact I haave a few ideas right here in this folder. We will continue this and provide you proofs. Please give me $500.00 deposit and we will move to the next step.

Of course you should have some teasers sitting within eyesight in a folder.

The business model is not brain surgery. It is the plan that makes it all work.

we've all got competition...but there is a big difference between 'us' and the big guys (vista)etc. these large companies do not have intimate discussions with their clients (if any conversation at all).

identify what your client's needs are and you have their business (the mega companies are not doing this..all they are doing is receiving customer placed orders, usually based on price)...so don't give your clients the opportunity to take your design and shop it (unless you are a design firm earning your money soley on design services and you do not care where they place the order). but it is pretty predictable basic customer behavior that they are going to shop for the best price. i would never send a client finished artwork so that all they had to do was submit the file to another printer.

present your design and close the sale. obviously they have a need...most people do not go to the used car lot for fun, for the most part if someone goes to a used car lot they are there to purchase a car..identify their need and budget, find a solution to their need and CLOSE the sale..same scenario, most people are not researching business cards, signs, etc for enjoyment they have contacted you because they have a need...close the sale.

B Snyder

Gimme a break, all these 4 color shiny card companies are crap.

Getting mad over an endorsement, pricing and shiny cards is about the same thing as a buddy drinking the last beer in the fridge... on second thought, I would be upset....

Okay, its like taking a sip from your Big Gulp without asking... let it go.

I don't think that was the point.

Every time there is mention of "4 color shiny card companies" you have to say something negative. Why can't you "let it go?"

GypsyGraphics

I don't think that was the point.

Every time there is mention of "4 color shiny card companies" you have to say something negative. Why can't you "let it go?"

While I agree with you... it wasn't the point.... I gotta say I'm with Rick; 4 color shiny... eewww.

As to the point... I think this thread and the "Price vs Value Add" thread bring up the important and difficult issue of "perceived value." I posted a rather long winded response there, that I make you read here too, but if you're interested hop over to that thread for my two cents.

JasperST

I wouldn't get mad at her, I would get mad at me and learn from the misunderstanding. You might have felt that there was a moral obligation on her part but you can't assign an obligation to a gift.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I guess after all these other comments... I can only ask one thing.

Did she ask for 'Free' ?? Or did you offer for 'Free' ??

All the rest of this story has nothing to do with anything. Remain focused and ask yourself what SHE did wrong ??

Did you tell her the rules of her accepting your kind gesture.... or did you just expect someone to read your mind ??

More than being pissed off for something you never explained to someone, it sounds more as if your feelings are hurt because she continued to look for a better price, got it and then left you out of the picture on facebook. Let go of it.... she did nothing wrong. It was more your approach or lack of...............

RebeckaR

Did she use the design you provided for her? Or did she opt to use one of their schlocky pre-fabs?

When we design and order cards for a client, sometimes they are overwhelmed by the prospect of having 1000 business cards. (We use a 4 color sometimes-shiny company- didn't realize it was bad form.)
The client shrieks "1000 cards?! I'll have those forever!"
(we go through a box in about 6 months, but then, I was under the impression that you should give them to people, not just keep a pretty stack on your desk)

So they run away in terror and find the cheap and ugly "VP" who will provide them with only 250 cards. That's a much safer number.
I actually had a woman give me the following reasons for not needing so many cards:
What if I change my phone number or the name of my business? What if my business fails?
That there's a positive attitude for starting up a business. And if you're already thinking that way, it's probably best that you not have an extra 900 cards left over to remind you of your failed venture.
So... in reality using VP is not that much cheaper, it's just fewer cards.

I guess I could offer 250 cards for the same price as 1000 and throw away the extra 750 that's causing them to feel uncomfortable.

Marlene

Did she use the design you provided for her? Or did she opt to use one of their schlocky pre-fabs?

good question.

if she took you design and had it made, she's a creep.

if she just went with the cheapest and didn't use your design, she's not a creep, she's just cheap.

copythat

R U Kidding!

Can't fault her if she found better value elsewhere.

Better value. Your kidding right? Google: Vista Print complaints. And see where you find the value!

I was the one that started 4Over & out! Last year in this forum. It's companies like this that DE-VALUE all our businesses. Some here were welcoming the fact that 4Over was starting to sell posters and signs wholesale. Well here you go don't say I didn't warn you!

Click here --> http://redtagprintsale.com/

Recognize the set-up?

Some of you might remember this quote from a Horror movie.

"When there is no more room in Hell the Died Will Rise"

Well, when there is no more income coming in to fill their beast of equipment they will go after yours and my clients. Partner up with local manufacturers. Stop feeding their bellies & keep your fill.

I've attached a piece of my advertisements I do in our local papers. I've actually converted many (Vista P - PForLess) clients with this piece. Trying opening up your clients eyes to the reality of how harmful it is to shop online. My business is WAY UP 40% a couple of months after starting this campaign.

Sorry about my rant , but I had to place fact that there is only value when it's added to your bottom line. I give my clients the best possible service. And I don't sell on price!!!!!!!

Attachments

• insert.pdf
    151.5 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

copythat

Hey Dog

I use them on occasion for business card Magnets because they are dirt cheap and my customers whine that the "internet price" is so much cheaper than mine.

I have small company that can give these for less.

PM me

copythat

Perfect!!!!!

Give your buddy a call....tell him his cards and brochure's went like hot cakes, and tell him he's welcome to leave a BIG stack.

Have him bring in a couple hundred a week, and see how long it takes him to catch on.

Sky High

Like the way you think!

imagep

IF we focus on the individual account then we will wither on the vine. IF we develop a business model from which to operate than follow that plan we will grow.

The business model determines what we do. Not our feelings, not our friends, nothing else matters. We develop the plan to follow statistical analysis that guides our decisions. Each phone call is logged, each appointment is logged and every sale is logged.

Each step of the way points to the necessary changes.
If we follow this model then we will never worry about that friend or foe that ripped us off over an order.

Our plan should include the 4P's of selling. During our step by step plan we will find out when to continue or stop the close.

Pivot. Profile, praise prompt.

Pivot.
How much for a sign,
we have so much to offer that we need to spend a minute to find otu one that fits yoru needs exactly.
I want it cheap.

Yes, of course. Every one wants a bargain. That is why I am taking a minute to give you the best one.

What is the sign for? etc.

During this part you are digging for the reason they want this sign.
If its for a No parking then you know its a 30 buck sale. go to close.

If its for an identity sign then you move to the next few questions.
When you figure out exactly what the sign is for and what is causing his deepest pain then you have it. Amplify that pain until he has a nervous breakdown.

Then you praise your ability to find that pain and have the answer to cure it.

praise...
Yes mr. client. We know exactly what is causing your deepest pain. We took a minute to find it now we can address it. Since we were the only one to find this pain obviously we are the only one qualified to fix it.

Great when can we start.

We are already 30% into it. In fact I haave a few ideas right here in this folder. We will continue this and provide you proofs. Please give me $500.00 deposit and we will move to the next step.

Of course you should have some teasers sitting within eyesight in a folder.

The business model is not brain surgery. It is the plan that makes it all work.

EXCELLENT! A few weeks ago I was asking if anyone had any written customer service documentation that they used for training, the only responses were some links to general customer service info (not customer service for OUR industry).

Your response here is EXACTLY the type of thing I was looking for, just need more of it.:U Rock:

imagep

I actually had a woman give me the following reasons for not needing so many cards:
What if I change my phone number or the name of my business? What if my business fails?
That there's a positive attitude for starting up a business. And if you're already thinking that way, it's probably best that you not have an extra 900 cards left over to remind you of your failed venture.
So... in reality using VP is not that much cheaper, it's just fewer cards.

While going through a similar issue one time, after the customer said "I don't want to spend that much because I don't even know if this business is going to work" I flat out told her "if you don't know it will work, and if you are not willing to spend time and money making it work, then it won't work - no business just magically becomes sucessfull." The lady responded "well I guess you are right, thank you for your time" and hung up.

I think I did her a favor even though she may have not taken it like that.

imagep

Have him bring in a couple hundred a week, and see how long it takes him to catch on.

Sky High

Like the way you think!

Thats funny.