• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Would you use CHAT feature

Would you use a chat feature?

• Yes

Votes: 49 45.0%
  • No

Votes: 60 55.0%

• Total voters
D

DARLAK

i'm not talking about a phone conversation, or jumping to another site to chat with my headphones and mic....

i meant a little button on the right side of the page you could *klick* and instantly join a few people in a rapid fire thread like back and forth, not an all-nite lovefest chat room.....

DOGraphics

Not for me.

I'm a hunt and peck typist and way to slow for that.

If it made it hard for admin's definately NOT!

That's my .02

:beer

THATgirl

darlak you crack me up! Sometimes you type exactly what I am thinking.

Sure it would be fun to chat with some on here, but I already do talk and email or IM with several, and I am mostly only on here in the mornings.

D

DARLAK

darlak you crack me up! Sometimes you type exactly what I am thinking.

that's because i have the ability to secretly plug into anyones brain and steal their thoughts....

it's just fun being in your brain... ;)

slappy

it might be a nice feature to talk about work, layout help, whatever directly to others faster... i may use it on occasion.

Air Art Girl

I use a live chat that is scheduled for Sunday evening. It's not voice, it's just a chat room using aol chat capabilities. Been on that forum and chat for years. Sometimes there are over 20 of us carring on several different conversations at the same time but it's cool. I would use that type of chat with a scheduled day and time.

OldPaint

like i said....SKYPE....its good. MIRC...is old but works....
curt, si, zee, ontime and few other wind up there at nite....10 pm or later. MISTY SUE has been on there......i like the SKYPE............I DONT HAVE TO TYPE....like a phone conversation..you can do conferance calls also get 5-6 people on there......

D

DARLAK

i don't really want to TALK to anybody, just enter a chat room if the thread is getting hot and heavy and the responces are getting so fast the thread conversation gets a little screweyyyyy

i don't want to plan a time and place, just be able to *KliCk* over and take it direct to who ever else wants to.....

26-40, not bad - i didn't really want to chat with those 40 anyway.... :)

RedWolf

that's because i have the ability to secretly plug into anyones brain and steal their thoughts....

Then you should try to see what my brain says...lol. Or better yet, get rid of that fast internet connection and go back to dial up. Then this topic would not have been brought up. Online chat does not benefit everybody, only those fortunate enough to have the connection speed.

Plus like some have mentioned, it is nice to have the discussions in the forums like they are now. You can always go back and refresh your mind about a certain topic. Can you do that with a chat program? NOPE.

What is so wrong with using something like yahoo? You can start a group conversation in there and invite others as well. Voice chat is available as well. It works good, have you tried that first before posting here asking for Fred to do more work to the site?

While opening a new forum section like the no holds barred is a little bit of extra work for the staff here. Do you realize how much more work a chat feature can be? It would be another thing that Fred has to make sure has absolutely no bugs (security holes) in it at all times. That could even mean updating it every week with new and improved code. That does get time consuming and not to mention tiresome. That time could be spent by Fred to post here or to get some probably much needed rest. He was on here after 2am this morning helping somebody out, when does Fred get to rest?

Matt

Big House Signs

I might...I just came by the shop tonight to pick up the dogs and go home...made a rum and coke...smokin a cig and parusing the forums...if there were a chat I'd get on it. And checking the time stamps tonight a lot of you all are on line on a friday night...so i think we'd be chatting...or bickering depending on what we wer disussing....signs...politics or religion!!!! And I would get on the chat line !!!

Paula

flyinhawaiian968

I'm already spending way too much time in the forums, adding a chat would be bad for business-LITERALLY!!!

Awww, who am I kidding? I'd probably get in there to make some noise!!!

Chris

OldPaint

load MIRC,its free, TYPE IN LETTERVILLE. 4-5 OF US THERE NOW....or load SKYPE and get a mic...FIND ME....JOE PRIBISH