• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wow....Just, Wow...

ProWraps

i got the shaft from a local supplier (national company).

my main and only supplier i used.

spent $300k with them last year.

pulled the plug completely.

never got a phone call, never got an email, never got an im sorry.

i feel sorry for that sales rep when he turns his numbers in at the end of the year.

we were their biggest digital customer. oh well. fellers is happy with my biz now.

like mentioned above. no need to call them. no need to write them an email, no need to even mention their name on this board. i told them how i felt with my dollars. and it WILL hurt them.

kylebrk

Excuse me ... Your a fine person from what I've read from you, except this.

We all can not get along all the time, nor can we all deliver on time perfectly.

Myself just found out there is even Grimco here in town,

Anyway what you describe is just plain pissing contest.

Being upset because of delivery late don't blame ya, is all your deliveries 100%
The guy not wanting to leave, he was just pissing on ya yes uncalled for but really he didn't like ya, the ball starts to roll when you didn't want to help unload no biggie but to him it was.

Bashing Grimco over this lol what a laugh, if something like this upsets you, you should build up your inventory so delivery problems do not happen.

Your in business does not give you the right to slam people for not being like you.

......im speechless

I don't even know where to begin. If Grimco can't deliver on time, they shouldn't offer it. If Grimco doesn't have delivery people that can pick up three sheets of coro, Grimco needs new people.

This is beyond ridiculous. I take my hat off for you not beating the crap out of that guy.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
i got the shaft from a local supplier (national company).

my main and only supplier i used.

spent $300k with them last year.

pulled the plug completely.

never got a phone call, never got an email, never got an im sorry.

i feel sorry for that sales rep when he turns his numbers in at the end of the year.

we were their biggest digital customer. oh well. fellers is happy with my biz now.

like mentioned above. no need to call them. no need to write them an email, no need to even mention their name on this board. i told them how i felt with my dollars. and it WILL hurt them.

I love you and your fem-mullet.

CanuckSigns

seriously? Why would he have to help a guy unload 3 sheets of coro? and some magnetic.... wow...pretty sure unloading is part of his duties don't ya think?

LOL try telling that to our Purolator driver, he's had us carry in a 5 pound box before

Circleville Signs

Soooo......Just got off the phone with Grimco.

They are willing to give me free UPS/FEDEX shipping on lots of products that I do not buy from them (I don't buy them because they are all more expensive than Fellers and they Fellers gives me free freight on every order, no matter the size).

They are also willing to continue their policy of providing me free deliveries 1/week as long as I continue to meet their current delivery minimum.

They even went *gasp* so far as to offer me a whole 10% off of my next order with them (my average order is around $150-200).

I asked repeatedly for a formal written apology. After the 4th time I was told they would "Send me something".

This is the result of getting their CEO involved. What a fuc_ing joke.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Excuse me ... Your a fine person from what I've read from you, except this.

We all can not get along all the time, nor can we all deliver on time perfectly.

Myself just found out there is even Grimco here in town,

Anyway what you describe is just plain pissing contest.

Being upset because of delivery late don't blame ya, is all your deliveries 100%
The guy not wanting to leave, he was just pissing on ya yes uncalled for but really he didn't like ya, the ball starts to roll when you didn't want to help unload no biggie but to him it was.

Bashing Grimco over this lol what a laugh, if something like this upsets you, you should build up your inventory so delivery problems do not happen.

Your in business does not give you the right to slam people for not being like you.

Craig.....
I pretty much agree with you on a lota things.... and this too calling out a supplier is not right, but no one and I mean no one [except my wife] is gonna talk to me in this fashion in my place of business and then make threats. That driver was representing Grimco and for Grimco to have a driver that's gonna give me grief no matter how large or how small the order.... I ain't gonna take it. They should've had the stuff there on time on Friday. They should've had it there first thing Monday and if he needed help getting it out, either sent a stronger person or a second person.

I can deal with late shipments, wrong shipments and lost shipments... that's human error, but this was human stoopidness at its height. Regardless of who's right or wrong, that driver has no right to bite the customer's head off and then be rude about it. If he's having a bad day... leave your bad day at home. Don't bring it to work or stay the heck home. He very easily could've cost Grimco this account.... and now it might cost them a few more accounts. Today, nobody can afford to lose accounts over stoopidness.

anotherdog

LOL try telling that to our Purolator driver, he's had us carry in a 5 pound box before

Don't get me started on %^&@ Purolator!
Sometimes its all they can do to walk up to the door.

...and if they HAD a Grimco in Canada, I would take all my business elsewhere. :)

It seems to me all Grimco did was poor response to your complaint. They clearly have a problem driver and are needing to deal with that. It may be that you are the first to identify a new problem.
however you are right to vote with your feet, it's your money.

I'm not sure I would have gone toe to toe though. I always wonder if crazy delivery drivers carry guns in the truck for just this kind of occasion.

rjssigns

If calling out a vendor on this site is in poor taste then there should be no other 'calling out' or complaining about anything on here ever.

No b****in' about material, ink, substrate, installs, equipment, employees, deliveries, media, laminate...nothing, ever!

Nothing but Unicorns, Rainbows and Pixie Dust from here on out.

Let folks on here buy the wrong piece of equipment, or use the wrong media because heaven forbid we offend someone or their business.

The way I see it is we are here on this forum to help each other and give each other support. Give advice and steer them away from bad products and machines. If that means calling someone or someplace out because of a good reason than by all means post it. If this offends your kinder sensibilities than by all means unsubscribe.

Heading over to lay by my dish now.

Joe Diaz

They even went *gasp* so far as to offer me a whole 10% off of my next order with them (my average order is around $150-200).
Sooo why aren't you ordering high dollar product from them for your next order?.... like a printer. 10% would be a nice discount for something like that. :Big Laugh

Custom_Grafx

What a joke.

I tried being lenient with one of my lesser performing (understatement) suppliers more than a few times, and was very civil. Without getting upset, openly discussed all the points, offered constructive criticism, suggestions, which seemed to be happily welcomed. I thought I'd be nice for a change and be all open minded about it.

Time and time again, I got screwed. Maybe 3 or 4 times. I just stopped buying from them in the end... there's no point after trying so hard. They must be happy with the way they are, and if that's the case, they'll never change. Every tried making a content, non coughing, athlete smoker quit smoking? Or the jolly fat guy lose weight? Doesn't happen.

Forgive and forget? In some relationships maybe. In business, forgive and REGRET is where it's at.

wedosigns

It does not surprise me that you would not get much of an apology out of them!
I have a supplier here in Calgary that keeps changing their staff. They now have the most useless people on the planet working there.
My wife went in for banner tape and it took them an hour to figure out what it was, with several calls to Toronto. I have called orders in, ordered through their website, anything so that they can have it ready. Still no help, and we waste an hour everytime we pick up material.
Last time I was in to pick up material they had it back ordered. I told them that mabey I should look for another supplier. I was told that would be a good idea, LOL. Have not been back.
We are fortunate that all major suppliers have an office here in Calgary, and can pick up our supplies. It would really suck to be in the mercy of their crappy delivery service.
As for that fukk stick delivery guy, I am suprised you did not have to mop him off the floor. But kudos to Gary for being the "bigger Man"

TheSnowman

I've only ordered from them once. My aluminum blanks were destroyed when they got here...they said keep them and use them if you can, and sent out new ones same day, had them the next day. That being said, I don't order massive stuff from them, and UPS delivers it all.

Seems like a lot of the "firm" company's are starting to have more and more flaws. The only people I really haven't had any issues with are Advantage. They've been amazing since day one.

SqueeGee

Everything we receive is UPS'ed but we've always received great service from Grimco. I hope you get it sorted out, Gary.

Circleville Signs

Well, like I said - it never got sorted out - at least to my satisfaction.

I did receive letters of apology - although the one from Grimco was a fluffed up bunch of nonsense that didn't even address the issue. The letter I got from the CEO of the courier service was direct, to the point, and satisfactory - and they fired the driver.