• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wow talk about new directions

jkdbjj

Just letting anyone interested, know what's up.

After 5 strong years, in the middle of the best year so far, and in the middle of expansion...

My wife and I have decided to sell it all, move to 50 acres we have in the country, and raise our kids their for the next few years.
So, since I actually have a brand now with Visual Impact, I will be working with a broker to find the right new owners, and I think whoever takes it will find they are walking into a great situation.

I have been asked, why walk away from such a good thing right now? Answer is simple, finally.
We just don't want "it" anymore. We always talk about a simpler life, growing our own food (which is hard work), spending more time with the kids outdoors, and enjoying life in a way we just can't do stuck in the city and living in the suburbs.

So, we will not have as much money anymore, but we are debt free and off to a new journey.

Consequently, I have had tremendous success helping a few companies over the last year turn their business around. So, I may still stay involved with helping small businesses grow their business, if they are in a rut. Maybe take donations or something like that.

Anyway, hope I am still welcome from time to time. You never know, maybe I will do it all over again one day.

I do want to point out there are some really great people here, both on and off line. You know who you are. I also really appreciate the Ginos and Dans and Ricks and others who simply offer help freely. Without some of you, my business would not be what it has become today.

Another side note, I also have a ground floor offer to be involved with an Off Grid Solar Power company in the area we are moving, and if I decide it is for me, I am excited to announce, I will work with Dan and his crew for the 2nd time. Different this time, I want to bring a much larger budget, and come up with a killer marketing strategy.
We don't need the income right now, so I may not, but being an entrepreneur is part of our blood, some of us here. So, I will be weighing this out carefully.

Best wishes,
Mike

neato

Good for you! Life's too short to let it pass by trying to grab as much money as possible before we die.

We made a similar move a few years back, sold everything and moved to Mexico for 2 years. Best decision ever. It opened my eyes a bit to the world and made me focus on what's really important. I hope someday to get back down there.

You'll never hear anyone say they've regretted making such a move. Most of the time when people have regrets, it's because they didn't do it when they could have.

Jackpine

Best wishes in you new direction.Life is not about acquiring wealth. It is about family and the ones we love. Work hard and be kind to others.

Marlene

you are doing what so many of us wish we could! sounds like a wonderful life ahead for you and your family. ejoy every day of it and all the best to you. drop in from time to time to let us know how you are

Dan Antonelli

Good luck Mike! Hope we can be of service to you in the new venture, and I'm very proud of the brand we built together. I bet that brand will help increase the value of the business now that you are selling it, too.

rjssigns

All I can say is Good for You!!! My life is immeasurably better since I changed "course" over 4 years ago. Money is not where the true gold lies.

SignManiac

A lifetime is but a drop in the ocean of time. Swim as far as you can! Fear not the reaper, fear not living life!

2B

hope this new adventure is as successful as your current.

On a side note, why sell? why can't you bring in a management staff so you don't loose the revenue but are free to pursue your desires

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Good for you..... and your family.

We only get one chance at life and most of us are running scared and can't make the bold move you're making, so we'll live through your adventures.

Please report back from time to time and keep us informed.

:thumb:

anotherdog

Moved out to the country myself two years ago. No regrets even though it limits my business.
Happiness beats money any day (although money is good for food).

Bigdawg

Just Me
Good for you and your wife Mike - actually good for your whole family. I wish we could have done that - so keep us updated so I can live vicariously through you.

Best of luck to you all!

GypsyGraphics

Mike... it's been such a pleasure getting to know you through your post here. I'll be so disappointed if you don't still post from time to time and lets us know how "the good life" is treating you and your family. It does sound like hard work, but it also sounds like it suits you. I admire the choice to put time with your loved ones over your successful career. A successful life beats a successful career hands down!

love u -gg

jkdbjj

Thanks everyone. Nervous as hell. Going through a process to value the business. Something I have never done before. So far, not a very fun task.
I will for sure send pics of the land and our adventures. My boys are already asking if they get a 4 wheeler.

Best of luck. For a light look at the concept....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Neighbors_(TV_series)
Thanks looks like a hoot of a show.

hope this new adventure is as successful as your current.

On a side note, why sell? why can't you bring in a management staff so you don't loose the revenue but are free to pursue your desires
I did consider this, and I have two close friends in the business that something like that may transpire. However, if it is valued at what I think it is, I would prefer a clean break, no ties to have to come back to the city for business purposes. Just part of what we want out of life at this point.

Pat Whatley

Talk about a complete change of direction. A month ago you were thinking about moving into a 10,000 sf shop and going into 3D stuff and adding a whole bunch of strees (and potential). Now you're going the exact opposite direction and eliminating everything!

It honestly sounds like a great plan, I wish you peace and happiness in whatever you end up doing.

Suz

Mike,

I just want to say that you really impressed me when you just contacted me through Signs 101 to let me know you were available anytime that I needed a little help, advice, whatever. That means so much!

Like everyone else, I'm very happy for you and wish you and your family the very best!!! Please stay in touch and let us know how things are going! I love to hear it when someone is able to follow their dreams. I hope they all come true!!!