• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap and Rap. Meet up.

ProWraps

sold the 30 footer. the new 40 footer would be a long drive!

first of march sounds great. someone give a firm a-ok on a date, and ill snag my ticket!

ProWraps

oh yeah, anyone wanna take a stab at a "wrap and rap" logo possibly for shirts and for the wraps we are going to play with while we are out there?

Border

I vote we do it at Doug's (Border.. although Isign's place wouldn't be a bad idea either!) in January. Last time I was at his palace, I knew I was in trouble when the rental car lady handed me a friggin ice scraper. I was like "what's this?"

Seriously though, my place in January is 25 for a low and 60 for a high. There's no heat in our back area, besides our torpedo heaters. Sucks almost as much wrapping in the cold of winter as it does in the heat of summer..

March would be 50 for a low and 75 for a high.

Yea, it'll be REAL WARM here that time of year....NOT!

Attachments

• icicle.JPG
    icicle.JPG
    212.1 KB · Views: 53
sounds like a fun couple of days..... the only thing i ever wrapped was my finger with a bandaid!!....but would love to see hows its done by people who know what they are doing,.....

SAS

sounds like a fun couple of days..... the only thing i ever wrapped was my finger with a bandaid!!....but would love to see hows its done by people who know what they are doing,.....

I'm with you on the wrapping, but if they would let a couple of wrapping rookies go and watch, we could rent the van and drive it from North Carolina. That way we could get the whole wrap experience, starting with them cleaning the dirty van first.

But second thought, since we are 2000 miles away it sounds like more fun to fly, pick up the van at the air port and do a little baja off road racing in the desert to get it dirty.

I'm with you on the wrapping, but if they would let a couple of wrapping rookies go and watch, we could rent the van and drive it from North Carolina. That way we could get the whole wrap experience, starting with them cleaning the dirty van first.

But second thought, since we are 2000 miles away it sounds like more fun to fly, pick up the van at the air port and do a little baja off road racing in the desert to get it dirty.

hell ya! baja off road racing......i'm for that!! lol.........

cdiesel

I was asked today to put a firm date on this. Let's do March 3rd.

I believe we're going to piggyback this with an open house for clients on Friday the 2nd, and everyone would be welcome to come by for that too if you'd like.

I'm going to contact a few vendors to see if I can get a couple to come by and talk about their products and maybe get some door prizes or samples.

We can all hang out and shoot the ****, exchange tips & tricks, I can share how we handle our workflow, show our equipment and software, demonstrate proper installation techniques, etc. Basically everything from start to finish for wraps and other printed items. We could do a mini wrap class for beginners too. We'll do lunch & drinks, all that good stuff.

Southwest Airlines has great fares to Phoenix, especially if you book early. There's a Hilton about a two miles from our office that I could probably get a group rate at. Just let me know who's interested!

I'd like to get a preliminary head count so I have some sort of an idea what to plan for. So who's in?

Border

I'm in! The open house will great too, looking forward to checking out your operation first-hand.
Might also bring my woman to escape the frozen wasteland of Meptar.

PS....can you do weddings too? LOL

Border

Can't wait to book the flight! Even if there's no meetup, I plan to come to the open house if that's cool.

TheSnowman

I am in no way in this "wrap group" but how about instead of renting a van, you find a place to let you wrap one for the swap. Since you'll be scraping some vinyl anyway to pull it off...might as well be a freebee.