• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap and Rap. Meet up.

ProWraps

because then we would actually have to design something they want, deal with their bull****, and be on the hook for an actual product as at that point, they would become a customer.

no thanks. ill spend the $30/day.

JoshLoring

Hmm. If you guys wanna do something like this in my area, feel free to book my shop. Southern California is always gorgeous. Plus- in the cold winter we can hear our install bay up. Oh- and we can tattoo you too lol.

Msrae

Rae
Definitely would love to get in on this!

I will almost certainly be traveling by car, any good hotels in the area?

Border

BUMP

Got my flights reserved!
I plan to come into Phoenix Friday mid-morning. Leaving on Sunday
Chris, what's the hotel near you and did you have a chance to look into rates yet?

cdiesel

Crap, apparently Nascar is in town that weekend (our shop is about 5 miles from the track) so all of the hotels that are close to my place are booked already.

That's also going to make flying in crazy, traffic in our area sucks on race weekends, restraunts will be full, in general going to make it a mess. Not to mention we'll be busy.

I'm going to move the event to the weekend of 3/10 to make it easier on everyone. Spring Training will be in full swing too, so anyone who wants to catch a game could.

The Hilton Garden in Avondale is the hotel I had in mind. I just looked and all of our area hotels are running in the $250/night range. I'll make some calls today or tomorrow and see if I can get a negotiated rate.

Hope that doesn't screw you up too bad Doug! If you booked Southwest it's no problem or charge to change your flights.

phototec

I was asked today to put a firm date on this. Let's do March 3rd.

I believe we're going to piggyback this with an open house for clients on Friday the 2nd, and everyone would be welcome to come by for that too if you'd like.

I'm going to contact a few vendors to see if I can get a couple to come by and talk about their products and maybe get some door prizes or samples.

We can all hang out and shoot the ****, exchange tips & tricks, I can share how we handle our workflow, show our equipment and software, demonstrate proper installation techniques, etc. Basically everything from start to finish for wraps and other printed items. We could do a mini wrap class for beginners too. We'll do lunch & drinks, all that good stuff.

Southwest Airlines has great fares to Phoenix, especially if you book early. There's a Hilton about a two miles from our office that I could probably get a group rate at. Just let me know who's interested!

I'd like to get a preliminary head count so I have some sort of an idea what to plan for. So who's in?

Crap, apparently Nascar is in town that weekend (our shop is about 5 miles from the track) so all of the hotels that are close to my place are booked already.

That's also going to make flying in crazy, traffic in our area sucks on race weekends, restraunts will be full, in general going to make it a mess. Not to mention we'll be busy.

I'm going to move the event to the weekend of 3/10 to make it easier on everyone. Spring Training will be in full swing too, so anyone who wants to catch a game could.

The Hilton Garden in Avondale is the hotel I had in mind. I just looked and all of our area hotels are running in the $250/night range. I'll make some calls today or tomorrow and see if I can get a negotiated rate.

Hope that doesn't screw you up too bad Doug! If you booked Southwest it's no problem or charge to change your flights.

Hey Chris,

Does this mean you are also moving the OPEN HOUSE date to Friday March 9th?

And the Rap & Wrap-a-thon on the 10th?

Sounds like this could be a great time for all!!! I love AZ in the spring time, just might make a week of it.

I could bring the Toy Hauler and the Harley, and do some riding, any good RV camp sites in the area?

I hear it's a nice ride out to Canyon Lake on 88.

anim_cruisin.gif

Attachments

• Tortilla%20Exit%20Turn.jpg
    Tortilla%20Exit%20Turn.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 57

cdiesel

Yes, we're moving the open house as well as the meet-up.

AZ is absolutely beautiful that time of year and riding is great. The road to Canyon lake is awesome. There are a few lakes back there that are really nice (plus it'll be spring break time so it might not be a bad idea to stop at the lake!).

As far as RV Camp sites go, there aren't really any camp sites in the area. There are a few RV Parks within a few miles. Hell, you could park your trailer here for the weekend if you wanted to. I don't have 50 amp service or dumps, but I can give you 20 amp 120v and city water.