• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap over existing vinyl?

CentralSigns

Money is money, but if you lived in a small town, your reputation would rely on a perfect job. I couldn't leave a job not done right, it would bother me forever, every time I seen it. Pride is very important to me. I've redone stuff cause I didn't like the outcome even though the customer did, lost $ on that one too. Do it right the first time or repeat it over again and again.

Craig Sjoquist

Ouch ..3 layers already .. guess his customer really does not care and it must be a temporary advertisement to have that many layers on .. hey stand back 10 feet and ya don't see the ridges.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Based upon your post #9.... I say... go ahead and do it. Your company, by your own words, has no integrity.

Three layers. Hmmmmm.... Means only one thing.... there is vinyl on there for at least 6 or more years and you're adding a fourth. Soon time something is gonna start failing and it's your turn to find out what.

Ya know, there's a reason companies tell you not to put too many roofs on top of each other.
There's also a reason why you don't put too much bondo in a dent.
A good reason not to keep putting new wood on top of old wearing decks is for what reason, again ??

adam... you just let your company know they're doing a good job, cutting corners and about 99% of the people from this site warned you not to do this.

Why do people come here, ask questions and ignore everyone except the one person that agrees with him and then.... turns that answer into gospel. Are you just looking for another loon to agree with you or are you really not looking for any answers at all, but just another hacker ??

As for grafi... even you, the one person to back adam, you still had the customer remove the old vinyl, so don't stick up for something you don't allow your customers to do, either. Besides, you must've known it was wrong or you wouldn't have them sign waivers voiding out your warranties. How can you sleep at night.... knowing the customer is doing something wrong and you still go ahead and do it anyway ?? And NO, that's not a righteous attitude.... it's an ethical question about you and your habits for doing business and then passing off your kindness of your heartness and switching lanes in the middle of something.

zapblam

We do it all the time with city buses. Usually with steep deadlines, otherwise we remove the wrap and start fresh. But no one really cares what the wrap looks like on a bus. We find that 2 layers of decal removes a whole lot easier than one. We have not gone more than 2 layers and also think on the length of time the base layer has been on the bus.