• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wraptor, you need to Wregister!!!!

CES020

I'd just like to follow Fred's magnificent post with an acknowledgment of Paul's professional conduct in his post's here. I'm not familiar with your device but if it's a reflection of your professionalism then I'm sure it has merits.

:goodpost:

Marlene

Mosh is the village idiot around here so pay him no mind as he's too busy running over or shooting turkeys (pretty scary when he can't tell the difference) or bragging on being arrested for assault. what would a guy like this know anything and who really cares what he thinks about your product.

Tim Aucoin

- BUT - you have to admit its pretty cool. From the videos and pics it obviously does work well and some people can really put it to use. If you can't, and don't see the use for it, then that's fine. No need go crazy over it.

On a side note, very interesting post Fred. I knew you were an innovative guy, but never to that extent! :rolleyes:

:goodpost:

I don't do wraps, but found the video and pics to be quite interesting. I attended the 3M "Wrap Race" wrap course last week and learned a great deal about doing wraps from their guy with 30 years experience (Brandon Blancher). This was my first time with actual hands on experience, and I gotta admit, it wasn't easy... but like anything it takes practice and a lot of squeegee time!

I'm sure Wraptor's device would make it a little easier to learn (obviously at a high price), but I could see this being used in an educational capacity for those just learning to wrap. I can see it making some of the steps a little easier and less intimidating, and as the "student" advances, they can then make the move to a non-assisted attempt!

Side note...
I found that the ladies that were in the class were much more attentive to details in the areas where they mattered (door handles, grills, gas cap, bumpers, etc...). It was interesting to see! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Circleville Signs

I think that like anything else, the Wraptor has it's market. If we were doing 15-20 wraps/month, and this could save me 3-5 hours/wrap, then it would be worth it. We aren't, and it won't, so it isn't.

For me, as someone is is relatively new to the wrap game (within the last couple of years), doing a seamless wrap isn't too much of a challenge. That's how I learned to do it. The only things that I panel now are Sprinters, Vans, and box trucks. Anything less than 50" tall, and I go seamless. Either that, or I make a super precise custom template and print each body piece on it's own (i.e., doors, fenders, etc.).

Either way, my question is pretty simple. Right now, I can wrap a full size van with myself and one helper, in about 5 hours, give or take, not counting prep time.

Can the Wraptor get me to a 2 hour job?

The Wraptor

Can the Wraptor get me to a 2 hour job?

Gary - Yes.
If you are at the same current skill set as Anthony Culver of Fast Wrapz in Tupelo. He does vans with his Wraptor and claims in writing: "We're doing a van in 2 hours. That's with cutting, trimming and everything."

Here's the article:
Small Shop Superiority

Paul.

The Wraptor

The President of Lowen.........

Could learn a thing or two from Wraptor!

Aw shucks... Thanks G.
I am in communication with Sean Rhodes and Dennis Shea of Lowen. They're waiting for 3M to give us their blessing before they do anything....

Paul.

ronl1975

How do you wrap behind the wraptor ? This appears to be just a few inches away from the van ..

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 71

The Wraptor

Spacing

How do you wrap behind the wraptor ? This appears to be just a few inches away from the van ..

No problem. Not sure of the details behind this picture (of our first US customer doing his first wrap). The head can rotate 360 vertically or horizontally; he may just have it set tight in that shot.
Regardless, it's not an issue. There's plenty of room between the vehicle and the center column for us, as shown in these 2 pics. For smaller jobs or bumpers/fenders, we just extend only ONE arm and leave the base and center column off to the side where it's completely out of the way.
http://www.signs101.com/forums/album.php?albumid=233&pictureid=1568
http://www.signs101.com/forums/album.php?albumid=233&pictureid=1562

Paul.

The Wraptor

How do you wrap behind the wraptor ?

One other important point; early in the install when the side you're working on is rough-trimmed, The Wraptor can be wheeled right back away because it's no longer required to support the vinyl.

Paul.

The Wraptor

I hafta admit, kinda looks like it works

I hafta admit, kinda looks like it works :thumb:

Thanks for noticing. =)
It absolutely works - us (Extreme Graphics) and all of our customers are living proof. We didn't invest a pant-load of dough into this until we were certain.
I'm happy to provide you with any more info or contacts if you wish.

Paul.

Deaton Design

This post went from a flame job, to a really informative topic.
Nice going guys. Respect to you Paul for keeping a cool head and
gaining the respect of alot of us on here.:Welcome:

Marlene

This post went from a flame job, to a really informative topic.
Nice going guys. Respect to you Paul for keeping a cool head and
gaining the respect of alot of us on here

ditto!:U Rock:

Bradster941

Welcome aboard Paul.

Just wondering if you considered putting the legs forward so they would be under the vehicle instead of in the way of the installer?

Might need to add a little weight at the end of the protruding legs so it doesn't want to tip back.

Attachments

• Wrap.gif
    Wrap.gif
    50.4 KB · Views: 91
  • lift copy.jpg
    lift copy.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 80

The Wraptor

putting the legs forward

Just wondering if you considered putting the legs forward so they would be under the vehicle instead of in the way of the installer?

Yes, that can be done; but so far no user including us have had an issue with the legs being in the way; and the amount of time before the tool can be wheeled right away is quite brief.
Our V3 Wraptor has an extended front mast which brings the arms forward enough so that the legs are not in the way for wall installs. We sold our first one to a company in Kansas City because they have the contract to apply vinyl to walls, windows and pillars at Arrowhead Stadium next month. The company (3Fire Creative) only does walls etc; no vehicle wraps. We're looking forward to the results of the first "Wall Wraptor".

Paul.

J Hill Designs

Wonder if you could make one that is motorized and moves for you? You could call it a veloci-wraptor (it would have to go fast)