• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

xtreme cutting mat is "xtreme" allright...

AUTO-FX

Xtremely wavy ! here's a pic of my cutting mat as i try to convince it to be flat like the table. 24 hours and it still wants to curl. the 5x10 i got is fine, but this 4x8 is bein a *#@%*. "Xtreme" suggests i put it in the sunlight to help it , but i would have to put it outside . Im loosing patience. A big iron maybe?!? Some starch too?

Attachments

• misc 027.jpg
    misc 027.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 214

signmeup

Maybe you can roll it up and put it in the sun to heat, then run it back in and lay it down before it cools?

AUTO-FX

Well,when it arrived, i left it rolled up, taped a peice of scrap corroplast over one end, and set up a heat gun pointing into it. Ran fer about an hour and a half like that. It helped a bit i guess, it's just really too stiff a material. I hope i dont have to wait 5 years haha ...

petepaz

run the tourch over it a few times ..haha

do you have a room with a lot of windows that gets warm during the day
stick it in there for a while

It looks nice and flat in the picture you posted! Just leave it like that! lol
Anyway, I agree put it outside in the sun for a few hours and it will flatten out just fine. I did that with mine and it worked.

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday

There's your problem...Bring it to Florida, It's a thousand degrees here now!!!

SignManiac

Zap it in your microwave for 3:25 seconds then quickly lay it flat on the floor. Do the hokey pokey till it straghtens all out. Then once more, shake and roll it out.

CES020

I have a cutting mat that's about 2-3 years old now. It came rolled up, and I couldn't get the waves out of it. I took it outside in the summer on a black asphalt parking lot and left it there for several hours. Brought it back inside, it laid flat as a pancake. It cooled off, back to the waves. Still 2-3 years later, it still has a couple places in it that won't lay flat. I have used banner hem tape, I have heated it with a heat gun, I have done everything I can think of and I can't get the waves out. I saw the guy at a sign show that we got it from and talked to him about it and he said every so often that get one that will not lay flat. No one knows why, and nothing seems to help, but it does happen.

If you figure it out, let me know. I'd like to resolve this before I die :)

Sign Works

The solution for mine was to reverse roll it and set it in the sun for and hour or so, been laying flat ever since.

AUTO-FX

FYI - STILL isnt flat. it spent the afternoon in the sun a week ago, taped perimeter to table while still warm. Bow came back. Shoulda stuck with 040 PVC. worked fine for years. Disappointed that I wasted $100.

zmatalucci

FYI - STILL isnt flat. it spent the afternoon in the sun a week ago, taped perimeter to table while still warm. Bow came back. Shoulda stuck with 040 PVC. worked fine for years. Disappointed that I wasted $100.

I'm in the same boat as you..Ended up screwing the edges to the table, and it still has tons of bows in it.