• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

yeah, what if?

ucmj22

It is impossible for the world to end in 2012 because Marty Mcfly went to 2015 and everything was fine!

SignStudent

It's a bunch of crap, just read this.

It refutes all theories in this thread so far:

Q: Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.

Q: Could phenomena occur where planets align in a way that impacts Earth?
A: There are no planetary alignments in the next few decades, Earth will not cross the galactic plane in 2012, and even if these alignments were to occur, their effects on the Earth would be negligible. Each December the Earth and sun align with the approximate center of the Milky Way Galaxy but that is an annual event of no consequence.

Q: What is the polar shift theory? Is it true that the earth’s crust does a 180-degree rotation around the core in a matter of days if not hours?
A: A reversal in the rotation of Earth is impossible. There are slow movements of the continents (for example Antarctica was near the equator hundreds of millions of years ago), but that is irrelevant to claims of reversal of the rotational poles. However, many of the disaster websites pull a bait-and-shift to fool people. They claim a relationship between the rotation and the magnetic polarity of Earth, which does change irregularly, with a magnetic reversal taking place every 400,000 years on average. As far as we know, such a magnetic reversal doesn’t cause any harm to life on Earth. A magnetic reversal is very unlikely to happen in the next few millennia, anyway.

Q: Is there a danger from giant solar storms predicted for 2012?
A: Solar activity has a regular cycle, with peaks approximately every 11 years. Near these activity peaks, solar flares can cause some interruption of satellite communications, although engineers are learning how to build electronics that are protected against most solar storms. But there is no special risk associated with 2012. The next solar maximum will occur in the 2012-2014 time frame and is predicted to be an average solar cycle, no different than previous cycles throughout history.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know, I'm not poking fun at Flamey, but I hear that kinda response so often from people, both young and old.

First, I don't quite understnad the need for all those girls if you're married, but perhaps something has changed in that department and you need to fill a void.............​

Anyway....... if people have these secret goals or fantasies, why not act on them now, while you can still enjoy things ?? Why wait til there's no tomorrow ?? For all you know, you might walk out your door today and wham-m-m-m-m, get waffled by a taxi-driver and get thrown into your new doomsday ending. I'm not saying be careless or do dumb things, but for goodness sakes... enjoy your life. Ya only go round once.

:clapping:

Flame

Ya know, I'm not poking fun at Flamey, but I hear that kinda response so often from people, both young and old.
First, I don't quite understnad the need for all those girls if you're married, but perhaps something has changed in that department and you need to fill a void.............​
Anyway....... if people have these secret goals or fantasies, why not act on them now, while you can still enjoy things ?? Why wait til there's no tomorrow ?? For all you know, you might walk out your door today and wham-m-m-m-m, get waffled by a taxi-driver and get thrown into your new doomsday ending. I'm not saying be careless or do dumb things, but for goodness sakes... enjoy your life. Ya only go round once.
:clapping:

Can't live life like it's a party when you have responsibilities. I live my life how it is now in a good balance between having fun, and keeping a watchful eye on how I handle my future. Living TRULY like there's no tomorrow, with caution to the wind, isn't good for saving up for the future lol.

Makes some nice thoughts though!

ucmj22

Ive been working on my end of world plan for a while
goal: spend all of my money and rack up mountains of debt, then laugh at all the fools who saved and ended up in the same place as me on day 1 of new world LOL

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
It's a bunch of crap, just read this.

It refutes all theories in this thread so far:

Q: Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.

Q: Could phenomena occur where planets align in a way that impacts Earth?
A: There are no planetary alignments in the next few decades, Earth will not cross the galactic plane in 2012, and even if these alignments were to occur, their effects on the Earth would be negligible. Each December the Earth and sun align with the approximate center of the Milky Way Galaxy but that is an annual event of no consequence.

Q: What is the polar shift theory? Is it true that the earth’s crust does a 180-degree rotation around the core in a matter of days if not hours?
A: A reversal in the rotation of Earth is impossible. There are slow movements of the continents (for example Antarctica was near the equator hundreds of millions of years ago), but that is irrelevant to claims of reversal of the rotational poles. However, many of the disaster websites pull a bait-and-shift to fool people. They claim a relationship between the rotation and the magnetic polarity of Earth, which does change irregularly, with a magnetic reversal taking place every 400,000 years on average. As far as we know, such a magnetic reversal doesn’t cause any harm to life on Earth. A magnetic reversal is very unlikely to happen in the next few millennia, anyway.

Q: Is there a danger from giant solar storms predicted for 2012?
A: Solar activity has a regular cycle, with peaks approximately every 11 years. Near these activity peaks, solar flares can cause some interruption of satellite communications, although engineers are learning how to build electronics that are protected against most solar storms. But there is no special risk associated with 2012. The next solar maximum will occur in the 2012-2014 time frame and is predicted to be an average solar cycle, no different than previous cycles throughout history.

Good to see some logic in this thread +2

Colin

Other than a collision with another planet or being consumed by the sun, could someone please explain to me how a world "ends"?

ucmj22

It is true that the magnetic poles of the earth do reverse from time to time, and we are due for a flip. however this transformation can take between 1,000 and 10,000 years. Our planets magnetic field has deteriorated 10-15% over the last 150 years with an acceleration in the last couple decades showing a propensity for a reversal in the near future. This Phenomena can have massive effects on the inhabitants of this planet. I think that last one was about 10-15 million years ago where the pole moved 50º in a matter of a decade.

rjpjr

Other than a collision with another planet or being consumed by the sun, could someone please explain to me how a world "ends"?

duh! The BORG!! :Big Laugh

Attachments

• borg.jpg
    borg.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 64

Ken

Actually...we only have until tomorrow afternoon...asteroid 2005 YU55 is headed here at 23K miles per hour...I'm eating peas as we speak!
Cheers!
Ken

skyhigh

duh! The BORG!!

Yeah Colin.....DUH. :Big Laugh

Ken....I'm eating peas as we speak!
:Big Laugh

As for me (and my luck)...... If I though we only had 409 days left, I probably do something crazy that would land me in jail. The sentence....408 days.

Probably get served peas every day.:banghead:

Last edited:

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
When it all boils down to knowing your days are numbered...people usually gravitate toward those they hold dearest. For the unfortunate ones who don't have loved ones like that...they usually will do something self destructive and/or primal.

skyhigh

On a side note....perhaps we can start up a collection (in case the world dosen't end in 409 days) for Flamey's surgery.

RA flame? Or did you get your hand caught in the laminator?

:rolleyes:

Attachments

• flame.jpg
    flame.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 76

Flame

On a side note....perhaps we can start up a collection (in case the world dosen't end in 409 days) for Flamey's surgery.

RA flame? Or did you get your hand caught in the laminator?

:rolleyes:

Say what? Hand caught in the laminator? You don't like my hand or something? lol