• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Your drug of choice?

skyhigh

I'd take the advice of seeing your doctor. Sounds like that will turn into pnemonia.

On a side note...to admit to this deep throat stuff is pretty "Open" there Stacy (how high is that fever?). Besides, you do know where gay men stick that thing, right?

just out of curiosity....did you change his mind??? :rolleyes:

Bigdawg

Just Me
You funny skyhigh :smile:

The best part of the story is that this place was my regular hang out (Jimmy G's in Lansing, MI) and we ate lunch there about every day too... so when my girlfriend and I came in the next day to eat... the 400-lb gal that worked there and kept all the bikers in line started telling us about the so-and-so that puked all over the bathroom the night before... she knew it couldn't have been one of her regulars...

I just handed her thirty bucks (all the cash I had on me) and told her I was sorry... lucky she didn't smack the living daylights out of me..

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'd take the advice of seeing your doctor. Sounds like that will turn into pnemonia.

On a side note...to admit to this deep throat stuff is pretty "Open" there Stacy (how high is that fever?). Besides, you do know where gay men stick that thing, right?

just out of curiosity....did you change his mind??? :rolleyes:

:ROFLMAO: that's gotta be the best/worst/funniest post I've seen yet. That's even better than some of Addie's statements here of late and there have been some dozzies coming from that section........ :Oops: Sorry to :thread the medicine thread.

JimJenson

I would be in for a nice steamy soak in the jacuzzi if I was in the condition you describe.

I have been fortunate, its been about 6 years since I got a nasty cold, and ironically 6 years since I gave up the Marlboro Light 100's.

S

SignTech

Water ............. and see your Doc ....... make it part of the question.

OldPaint

Z PACK like jill said. i had this crud and went to VA, mentioned a Z PACK, i picked it up at the pharm and 3 days later it was all gone. owning a biker bar, i can tell ya stacy i seen a lot. only good thing in my bar was it still had OUTHOUSES!!!!!!!! and a porch with sturdy banister. many would hang over them and let her rip. next day i get out the water hose and that was all i had to do. i was pretty mean to a few of the guys. i had a sign up for a BLACK RUSSIAN mixed drink. this one walked up to the bar and said whats that? i told him, and he had been drinking beer almost all day and this was evening. i asked him if he wanted one, he sure IF ITS FREE!!!! WELL i put it together, handed it to him and like a typical beer drinker he pounded the whole thing down in one gulp. didnt take long, he was out on the porch over the banister. so anytime from then on it got a little boring, i would offer him a black russian, and he would do the same thing ever time))))))

Slamdunkpro

Mucinex is a overpriced marketing gimmick.The active ingredient in Mucinex is guaifenesen. Robitussin DM also contains guaifenesen at about half the price. See if your pharmacy stocks Robitussin DAC; that one has guaifenesen and codeine. It's OTC up to 4oz in a 48 hr period.

Yes, it does sound like the beginning stages of Walking Pneumonia.

Usually, you don't want to take the things that one takes for the flu or a bad cold, because that stuff won't help Walking Pneumonia. Try to get as much rest as possible and be less stressful for a week or so. If it gets worse, whether you like it or not... the only thing that really gets rid of any form of Pneumonia is anti-biotics. You just might eventually need a trip to the doctor's office, but don't let it turn into full blown Pneumonia first.

Believe it or not, but soaking in a hot bath, not a shower and just relaxation for a few nights in a row, can also help. The heat can help draw it out of you.

20 years as a paramedic here:

• There is no such thing as walking pneumonia. It's a lay term used to describe acute bacterial pneumonia
  • Antibiotics are only effective against certain bacterial pneumonias. there are six or seven additional classifications.
  • If you have pain in your chest when you breath (sharp stabbey pains) have difficulty breathing or catching your breath and have a lot of infectious discharge - GO TO THE DOCTOR

watchdaride

just getting over a cold fever 4-5 days. Didnt start taking medicine till 3rd day. I think the trick is to drug up on the first sign of a cold coming down . i didnt think it would get this bad . But i am not as young as i use to be i guess.

S

SignTech

hey slamdunk ....... 21 year paramedic here ........... where did you ride? myself rochester n webster ny mostly fly car .......

GypsyGraphics

stacy so sorry you not feeling well... and if it's walking pneumonia... you poor thing.
i know how crappy that feels.... had it on my wedding day, felt and looked like sh!t... i'm surprised he still married me.

cold & flu fighting favorites
ZiCam (the swabs are the most affective)
EmergenC
Mucinex D
you didn't mention a sore throat but still thought i'd mention...the old fashion gargling with warm salt water...yuky but it really works.

Deaton Design

I agree on the mucinex Stacy. That stuff is good. I usually get bronchitis once or twice during the year, and Ive never been a smoker, etc. If I feel it coming on, I go to the doc and usually he prescribes a strong antibiotic. Dont let it get too far Stacy. The fever means there is infection in your system. Go see the doc when you can. Hope you feel better.

JR's

No Tequila since I was 25...

kissed your oh-so-very-gay male roommate all the time telling him how you could most definitely change his views on sex... definitely put me off tequila...

ya its best if you dint drink tequila enny more. lol

hope you feel better soon.

JR

RebeckaR

Get yourself some Buckley's cold medication. (It really works.)
It tastes so bad you'll forget all about how lousy you feel.