• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Critique

laserman70

Let me have it folks. Obviously from the wording this is for a metal roofing company that has other services.
Hate the font as well, any help would be appreciated..
thanks

Attachments

• LOGO copy.jpg
    LOGO copy.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 114

signmeup

That's pretty bad. It would make me keep looking for a roofer. Try something not 3d. With a nice font.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't get it. Can you explain it before I pull a muscle in my head ?? I hate when that happens. It hurts so-o-o much.

HulkSmash

If you're going to make a 3D logo. Make it 3D - not just gradients to make it appear 3D - just make it flat please.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks like a river or path going up a mountain. What's that got to do with roofing ??

GoodPeopleFlags

I think the shape is interesting, but it doesn't fit for the business. Don't slant the name but if you have to, make the slant match the shape. Put more space between the things at the bottom. BTW - the list of things at the bottom should not be part of the logo. All that being said, it would probably be better to just start over.

laserman70

Here is why i made the shape it is..
Guess I should start over, thanks for the help.

Attachments

• LOGO4.jpg
    LOGO4.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 69

iSign

maybe you could use some subtle corregated texture references & add some perspective to those lines, for interest?

J

john1

Did you order Dan Antonelli's Logo Design books yet? If not go ahead. They are only $50 for the two shipped from Amazon and they will help you alot! I have had them maybe for exactly 1 week today and already have done 3 logos for customers.

From what i see, Without reading these books you will continue to do what i was doing for years and that was trying to understand logo design on your own. The majority cannot do that and these books truly help.

You have the main and sub copy in your logo. The main looks to be NEW FINISH and the sub seems to be what the business does. I think the subcopy needs to be more bold and stand out more and more basic. Too many listings going on for a logo.

You can tell more of what the business does with a basic 1-3 color graphic icon on the left side.....Listen to me talk lol

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Did you order Dan Antonelli's Logo Design books yet? If not go ahead. They are only $50 for the two shipped from Amazon and they will help you alot! I have had them maybe for exactly 1 week today and already have done 3 logos for customers.

From what i see, Without reading these books you will continue to do what i was doing for years and that was trying to understand logo design on your own. The majority cannot do that and these books truly help.

You have the main and sub copy in your logo. The main looks to be NEW FINISH and the sub seems to be what the business does. I think the subcopy needs to be more bold and stand out more and more basic. Too many listings going on for a logo.

You can tell more of what the business does with a basic 1-3 color graphic icon on the left side.....Listen to me talk lol

Dan.... how much are you paying this guy ?? :cool1:

Jillbeans

Also, the fonts are weak and with the angles in the "roof" N thing and in the name, it's a bit too much going on.
~and I am the proud owner of a beautiful new metal roof~
But I would never have called this guy based on that logo, or I would have traded him logo work for roof work, like I did my roofer.
:)