• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Critique

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Unless I'm mistaken, I was showing the shadowing portion of a 3D element, not how to create a 3D object.

It could've been a circle, but to show shadow.... a simple box was used. Sorry if it was confusing. I didn't think it would be, unless I'm missing something here. Sorry.

SignManiac

Like Adrian said, I know its been done to death, but Ill throw it in anyway.
Since he does numerous types of work, Im wondering if the corrugated metal should be the central point. If thats what he wants to push, for sure.
If not, then something more generic in the way of an icon or art to go with the copy.

I think John did a fantastic job knowing as little as we do about the client. I can't imagine the client wouldn't be happy with this design.

Nice Job John:thumb:

laserman70

well dammit... I already sketched this out... but didn't want to have to follow Dan's logo designing tips... but like I said... already did the sketch, so here goes:

That is what i was thinking last night and put this together. Thanks for all the info in this post everyone. You are all so talented and i am thankful for all the knowledge you provide.
Now if i could just put it to good use. lol
By the way i ordered both of Johns logo books

Attachments

• LOGO4 copy.jpg
    LOGO4 copy.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 119
J

john1

That is what i was thinking last night and put this together. Thanks for all the info in this post everyone. You are all so talented and i am thankful for all the knowledge you provide.

You mean Johns logo books by Dan Antonelli? If so great man! You will love them.

I love Deatons design, Deff would do something in the ballpark of that.

Locals Find!

Regardless of what you posted or did or what you think you did in your mind.... my last statement is more true now, than the first time I wrote it.

Your taste means nothing, if you don't know what you're doing.

I was actually trying to help you, but if you want to justify what you did with your silly foolheaded notions and reasons.... then forget it. I won't interfere with whatever it is you're trying to do. Look at Dan's new thread and get some pointers and leave the designing to people like him and some of the others here that know what they're doing. Some things just can't be taught to some and some are just incapable of learning as a result of their stubbornness.

Why PM ??

Do it right here so everyone can better understand.

Sorry Gino, I must not have read what you typed very clearly. I kinda went through it fast. I wasn't trying to argue.

I asked for a PM cause I didn't want to get off topic on the thread. Trying to do better around here and mind my manners.

Locals Find!

Like Adrian said, I know its been done to death, but Ill throw it in anyway.
Since he does numerous types of work, Im wondering if the corrugated metal should be the central point. If thats what he wants to push, for sure.
If not, then something more generic in the way of an icon or art to go with the copy.

Wow that is nice. That is more like what I was imagining in my head. I just didn't have a clue how to get it to actually come out in reality. Can you give me some pointers on how you achieved that roof line?

W

wetgravy

Perspective in the logo is going to be the first thing I suggest. I uploaded the first idea I would think of in this case. When I think of a construction company (roofing, general contracting, whatever) I would want someone solid and dependable. A logo I think of right away has some fake perspective, solid lettering and the ability to be dual toned or single and still be readable. 2 sides of a cube give lots of options for logos and lettering and still translates as "building"

Attachments

• newfinish.jpg
    newfinish.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 81

Williams Signs

The only questions I have with Laser's last design, is this; 1. is the business well established? If so then people will be able to associate the N with his name. If not his business name will be so small when this logo is put onto a truck door.

sign_student

I really like this one!