• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo we just finalized

qmr55

Been in contact with this client for a month so, hes just starting the business so we were working whenever funds were available for him. (Don't worry I got initial deposit!)

Pretty sure we finalized it last week, ordered business cards, a banner and flyers.

He wanted something BOLD!

Attachments

• HURRICANE PROMOTIONS.jpg
    HURRICANE PROMOTIONS.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 130

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Good contrast, but the whole background is so large and dark that it overpowers the actual copy. Kinda like a hurricane in real life.

If you divide up your elements, less than 20% is dedicated to copy, let alone the main name. So you have over 80% going to a dark background which says very little about the name.

Try an approach where the name is associated with a positive play on the word hurricane and still give a swirling feel to the word... with less stress on the evil [look] of a hurricane.

SignosaurusRex

Hmmm.....rather timely!
Now we know who's responsible for Irene!

I would have customized the type in HURRICANE and used a lighter blue in the top half.

qmr55

Thanks for the input guys! Gino- as much as I agree with what you said, customer loves it, already paid and is extremely happy! (and we know how often that happens:rolleyes:)

So we'll probably be sticking with that one!

Thank you though.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the input guys! Gino- as much as I agree with what you said, customer loves it, already paid and is extremely happy! (and we know how often that happens:rolleyes:)

So we'll probably be sticking with that one!

Thank you though.

Good for you, then.

Quick question...... if you completely agree with me, why did you submit one you knew was inferior, or are you relaying an afterthought ??

qmr55

Good for you, then.

Quick question...... if you completely agree with me, why did you submit one you knew was inferior, or are you relaying an afterthought ??

Afterthought, you mentioning it pointed it out to me.

I gotta start remember to post things here to get critiqued BEFORE I show the client lol

:thankyou:

petesign

I thought you wanted feedback, sorry. I wasn't dissing your logo, in fact I said I liked it. I was doing some work for a place called Hurricanes - and had seen that logo while looking at logos with a hurricane theme for a general feel. I just knew I had seen those trees before.

qmr55

I thought you wanted feedback, sorry. I wasn't dissing your logo, in fact I said I liked it. I was doing some work for a place called Hurricanes - and had seen that logo while looking at logos with a hurricane theme for a general feel. I just knew I had seen those trees before.

Yes I do want feedback, it will help me in the future as I am still somewhat new to this! I love hearing what you guys to have to say because it always helps!

Before I continue I want to ask a question, is that illegal using the same tree clip art? I am not 100% clear on those laws! Thanks guys

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think you're heading for some troubled times ahead..... like that hurricane suggests... and not from this forum. That logo gets seen by some others and you might have a very justifiable lawsuit on your hands..... and not at all in your favor.