• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo we just finalized

John Butto

There is no argument, it is not your logo. It is like stealing someone's watch and then going to a pawnbroker, your picture has been taken and you will be caught. So take the money and smoke the signcrack.

HulkSmash

Devo don't ignore the advice given to you. What everyone is saying is the real deal, you can get into some serious trouble. Me and you both know that isn't a clip art file .............. Dont be ignorant and listen to what we have to say..

signmeup

Contrast could be better.

Attachments

• Hurricane.jpg
    Hurricane.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 83

qmr55

Devo don't ignore the advice given to you. What everyone is saying is the real deal, you can get into some serious trouble. Me and you both know that isn't a clip art file .............. Dont be ignorant and listen to what we have to say..

You're right that is why I am redesigning it.

I am not the type of person to steal, trust me...never have been. I didn't know it was wrong to use trees from another logo, now I do! I appreciate everyone's input and am glad you guys told me before someone else did. Also, I'm not disagreeing or arguing with anyone here just taking it all in. So don't expect me to come back flaring saying this and that.

:thankyou:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, does this blow post #4 out of the water from a hurricane source to legal source.

How are you going to take back a logo and explain to them you copied it and they can't have it without your going to jail ?? How is that going to make you look in their eyes that the logo they liked was already taken and it's not just the trees, it the whole concept, too ?? You should fess up and tell them what happened and ask them if they would like you to proceed since you made a mistake and must reclaim their logo that you just charged them a fee for doing. I would refund their money and make sure I do an ass-kickin' logo to make it up to them.

You are playing with fire. Chances of getting caught ?? 50% maybe on a normal market. Knowing how some people can be as has been in the past from other members.... ?? You're dead in the water if you don't make this go away and quickly.

qmr55

So, does this blow post #4 out of the water from a hurricane source to legal source.

How are you going to take back a logo and explain to them you copied it and they can't have it without your going to jail ?? How is that going to make you look in their eyes that the logo they liked was already taken and it's not just the trees, it the whole concept, too ?? You should fess up and tell them what happened and ask them if they would like you to proceed since you made a mistake and must reclaim their logo that you just charged them a fee for doing. I would refund their money and make sure I do an ass-kickin' logo to make it up to them.

You are playing with fire. Chances of getting caught ?? 50% maybe on a normal market. Knowing how some people can be as has been in the past from other members.... ?? You're dead in the water if you don't make this go away and quickly.

Thank you, very informative. Will be doing what you suggested...luckily the client is someone I graduated with and is a friend, sure he will be more then understanding.

qmr55

Drew my own trees...now it is fine right?

Attachments

• HURRICANE PROMOTIONS.jpg
    HURRICANE PROMOTIONS.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 79

OldPaint

You're right that is why I am redesigning it.

I am not the type of person to steal, trust me...never have been. I didn't know it was wrong to use trees from another logo, now I do! I appreciate everyone's input and am glad you guys told me before someone else did. Also, I'm not disagreeing or arguing with anyone here just taking it all in. So don't expect me to come back flaring saying this and that.

:thankyou:
its not only the trees.....its the whole LOGO!!!!! its as close to copyright infringement as you can get......
you gota be from jersy.....you as hard headed as "the situation." all guys from jersy are like him huh??ahahahahahhaha

petesign

Try it without the trees at all. The spinning vortex in the background says hurricane.

Here's a quick and dirty version

Attachments

• Hurricane_logoquick-and-dirty.jpg
    Hurricane_logoquick-and-dirty.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

SignManiac

Try another direction. Here's a logo I designed around fifteen years ago. The spinning vortex and wind blown trees have been done to death.

Attachments

• Hurricane.jpg
    Hurricane.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 78