• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo we just finalized

signswi

I know that some clipart licenses prohibit using their artwork in logos, but not a lot of people/designers are aware of this.

This tree example (if it really was clipart to start with) is a great example of why terms of use forbid use in a logo.

Maybe the hapless designer of the Six Flags logo really did use clipart. The fact that the same trees show up in another logo (that OP posted) might indicate a clipart origin. If so, shame on him/her...

This, most designers don't know that clip art in logos is a no-no unless you purchase exclusivity to the art. Two reasons 1) clipart terms forbid logo use 99% of the time 2) won't ever be able to trademark the logo as it's derivative.

Always a chance Six Flags used one of those designers, happens all the time if no one is paying attention, even in big agencies. In either case, the OP logo needs a redo (which he's said he's doing).