• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mortgage Lending Logo

qmr55

The illustration is the best part if anyone gets around to looking at it. Who cares if it's geologically correct or not, it's a logo not a treasure map.

I'm with bob on this part, who cares if it looks exactly like it. Not everything natural is attractive. And this icon is visually attractive to the eye.

As far as the rest goes, I like it. Maybe play with a different typeface for the main, but I think it would work fine like this. Present it and see what they say.

phototec

As already mentioned, that "tower rock" graphic does NOT convey Niagara escarpment or a stone ridge to me, more like some individual spire rock, like Devil's Tower.

Second, the two different colors used for Stone Ridge make STONE much more prominent, I read STONE.

Attachments

• devils-tower-02-500.jpg
    devils-tower-02-500.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 137

shoresigns

CamelCase without spaces looks really tacky and unprofessional, especially for a bank. Aside from a very small handful of major brands, it's generally only used by tech companies and occasionally in the entertainment biz, and rarely comes into fashion anywhere else.

peavey123

Thanks All, Lots of good input here. I will post my other versions, but I've been far too busy to work on the logo. We've been so busy and keep getting busier! ah!

I would spend more time on the typography. If there's one thing bank logos have in common, it's that they use typefaces that are resistant to aging. The font you've chosen looks a bit too modern I think, which means it's more difficult to predict whether it will age well. I would pick something more classic, but not a typeface that's too commonly used either.

I agree with this one. I need to talk to the president again and see what his goals are for the company. It's not his main job, so maybe he wants a more boutique-ish-like (haha) logo like the one I did, or maybe he has huuuuge asperations and wants something more classic and simple. Along the lines of what you see for most financial institutions.

I won't forget about this thread. Thanks for the input everyone.

peavey123

CamelCase without spaces looks really tacky and unprofessional, especially for a bank. Aside from a very small handful of major brands, it's generally only used by tech companies and occasionally in the entertainment biz, and rarely comes into fashion anywhere else.

What's camelcase? haha That name is hilarious! The font I used is called Chaparral Pro. But ya, there's better fonts out there for this.

peavey123

As already mentioned, that "tower rock" graphic does NOT convey Niagara escarpment or a stone ridge to me, more like some individual spire rock, like Devil's Tower.

Second, the two different colors used for Stone Ridge make STONE much more prominent, I read STONE.

eff it, maybe I'll skip the rock then. Niagara falls might be better? I need to think of a more creative solution, not just here's a pic of a rock...:)

Marlene

eff it, maybe I'll skip the rock then. Niagara falls might be better? I need to think of a more creative solution, not just here's a pic of a rock...:)

the falls might look odd as I is water and the name is stone ridge. why not just something nice with a font as you don't really need a pictorial with it. not ever logo needs a real to life picture/drawing. a simple shape or nothing at all works too. work with the letters to create a logo. letters and just lines can convey a feeling as much as a drawing of a rock

Gino

Premium Subscriber
the falls might look odd as I is water and the name is stone ridge. why not just something nice with a font as you don't really need a pictorial with it. not ever logo needs a real to life picture/drawing. a simple shape or nothing at all works too. work with the letters to create a logo. letters and just lines can convey a feeling as much as a drawing of a rock

Remember, for this feat, someone needs some talent. They need to be capable of a visual and then create it. Not saying anyone in this thread does or does not fit that description, but you are asking a lot. :rolleyes:

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Not trying to be a jerk, but this is the first thing that popped in my head:

I saw the same thing...

Anymore ideas?

After reading and looking up escarpment/Niagra Falls, it looks like a generic rock mass.
If there wash an area that has instant recognition, (or could be abstract) then it might
be something to pursue. Right now, I'd put this aside and flesh out other ideas. Maybe the
answer is in another concept.

peavey123

Gino, you're a tool man...Like really, is that comment contributing anything to this thread at all? Even your first post -it was 100% clear you didn't read my original post. You seem to just like to see yourself type. (a play on "hear yourself talk") GTFO of this thread. You're useless.

Gino, you're a tool man...Like really, is that comment contributing anything to this thread at all? Even your first post -it was 100% clear you didn't read my original post. You seem to just like to see yourself type. (a play on "hear yourself talk") GTFO of this thread. You're useless.

Like this tool man?

Attachments

• tumblr_mh3lskMYX91qfdu94o1_400.jpg
    tumblr_mh3lskMYX91qfdu94o1_400.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 137

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Yeah, right. You tell me not to do something and you think I'm gonna listen to you ?? C'mon, get real.

I said in my first post many things which could help you. In fact, you 'LIKED' someone else who said the exact same thing I did, but you condemn me.

Then, you go one further, claiming my remark about having talent needs to be present on order to make something from scratch, is worthless. This coming from you who has used clip art, stock fonts with little more than a horizontal view vs a stacked view. Where is the creativity in that ?? Catch my drift ??

Get a life and get into a business where you have some credibility. I'm getting very tired of being nice to all you cry babies. I made a promise, I can't break. I hand things to ya and you still b!tch. How frickin' nice do you need things in order not to whine ?? Someone the other day said something about another thread where I was on their case. They never produced it, therefore I don't know what they were talking about. On the other hand, you were one of the ring leaders when I was banned/guested who had nothing nice to say. In fact, you claimed I never contributed anything worth nothing. Two words for you.

PV..... I invite you to pretend I'm not here or hit your ignore button and things will be happy in your camp tonight. Okay ??

peavey123

Yeah, right. You tell me not to do something and you think I'm gonna listen to you ?? C'mon, get real.

I said in my first post many things which could help you. In fact, you 'LIKED' someone else who said the exact same thing I did, but you condemn me.

Then, you go one further, claiming my remark about having talent needs to be present on order to make something from scratch, is worthless. This coming from you who has used clip art, stock fonts with little more than a horizontal view vs a stacked view. Where is the creativity in that ?? Catch my drift ??

Get a life and get into a business where you have some credibility. I'm getting very tired of being nice to all you cry babies. I made a promise, I can't break. I hand things to ya and you still b!tch. How frickin' nice do you need things in order not to whine ?? Someone the other day said something about another thread where I was on their case. They never produced it, therefore I don't know what they were talking about. On the other hand, you were one of the ring leaders when I was banned/guested who had nothing nice to say. In fact, you claimed I never contributed anything worth nothing. Two words for you.

PV..... I invite you to pretend I'm not here or hit your ignore button and things will be happy in your camp tonight. Okay ??

No idea what you're on about man.

a) I never ever use clipart in logos I design. Not sure where you got that from?

b) In my OP, I stated that I put very little work into the logo as I JUST got the job, and was only looking for help with thinking of some imagery to use. Your post was telling me how un-creative I was by only doing one design basically and the two tone colours messed up your eyes. Both things redundant.

c) I didn't know you were banned? I had nothing to do with that, not sure where you got that from? I think maybe I just called you out for not contributing anything worthwhile in your posts, just like now. Ring-leader for what? No one here cares what I have to say. I keep to myself pretty well. You're just making s*** up.

d) I'm only upset that your posts are so damn useless and damn near everywhere, every thread. You have no business being in a logo design thread. I've been here since 2007. You 2006. I post work for critique -you do not. I'll say it again. Gtfo of this thread you have nothing to add. Post less read more.

Someone tell me how to ignore this guy. He really brings down this site. All these helpful & useful posts, and Gino's gotta come in here and spoil it all. Sorry about this all I realize gino makes himself look bad, and my reaction is making myself look bad too.

Marlene

getting back to the actual topic of the thread, I suggested not using a drawing or a pictorial and using fonts as I have seen your work and know you can do this as you have the talent. the pictorials kind of go back to the days when people couldn't read so they would put a tooth on a sign for a dentist and so on. I do like a good pictorial but you don't need to have one. think about some of the best logos out there and they don't have a literal graphic with the name, some times just a line or a shape

getting back to the actual topic of the thread, I suggested not using a drawing or a pictorial and using fonts as I have seen your work and know you can do this as you have the talent. the pictorials kind of go back to the days when people couldn't read so they would put a tooth on a sign for a dentist and so on. I do like a good pictorial but you don't need to have one. think about some of the best logos out there and they don't have a literal graphic with the name, some times just a line or a shape

All those logos your talking about for the most part have a meaning or such. Even fedex. While it might not look like it. Between the E and x there is an arrow that sybolises moving forward. This article was interesting.

http://www.lifebuzz.com/logos/