• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mortgage Lending Logo

Marlene

All those logos your talking about for the most part have a meaning or such. Even fedex. While it might not look like it. Between the E and x there is an arrow that sybolises moving forward. This article was interesting.

http://www.lifebuzz.com/logos/

I knew about some of those like FedEx and have always like that kind of logo. maybe with this one, it doesn't need to have deeper meaning, maybe just shape. some times just re-working a font so that it becomes a logo works too. I'd like to see the OP try a few options.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020

Attachments

• true toolman.jpg
    true toolman.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 131

Jillbeans

Most of the points I'd mention have been taken. I don't like the two tone name and the stone reminds me of a pocket rocket.
But I do like the good solid feel of the typography.
Can it stand alone without an icon? Maybe throw in some rule lines?
Love....Jill

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 141

phototec

No idea what you're on about man.

a) I never ever use clipart in logos I design. Not sure where you got that from?

b) In my OP, I stated that I put very little work into the logo as I JUST got the job, and was only looking for help with thinking of some imagery to use. Your post was telling me how un-creative I was by only doing one design basically and the two tone colours messed up your eyes. Both things redundant.

c) I didn't know you were banned? I had nothing to do with that, not sure where you got that from? I think maybe I just called you out for not contributing anything worthwhile in your posts, just like now. Ring-leader for what? No one here cares what I have to say. I keep to myself pretty well. You're just making s*** up.

d) I'm only upset that your posts are so damn useless and damn near everywhere, every thread. You have no business being in a logo design thread. I've been here since 2007. You 2006. I post work for critique -you do not. I'll say it again. Gtfo of this thread you have nothing to add. Post less read more.

Someone tell me how to ignore this guy. He really brings down this site. All these helpful & useful posts, and Gino's gotta come in here and spoil it all. Sorry about this all I realize gino makes himself look bad, and my reaction is making myself look bad too.

Well, I don't think he will stop posting, how else did he get the WORLD RECORD for the number of posts here on Signs101, and he's going for the 25,000 mark! :omg:

phototec

Most of the points I'd mention have been taken. I don't like the two tone name and the stone reminds me of a pocket rocket.
Love....Jill

Nice work Jillbeans, maybe you don't need a pocket what did you call it? :clapping:

Marlene

Love....Jill

Jill's might be a little too casual for a lending company or it may be just right. as suggested in another post you need to get a sense of how this company sees itself, friendly, your neighbor/community. from Jill's I get the sense that I might walk and there's a coffee machine in the waiting room, comfy chairs, artwork with landscapes and no one wearing a suit. if that is their style, it would fit. this same logo sure wouldn't fit if when you walked in, there is a lot of glass and chrome, everyone wearing suits and such. also either way, i wouldn't use the brown as it is too earthy looking and looks more like a natural food store. a nice dark gray with some warm tones, not cool would be nice

peavey123

okay, So I had a bit of time today to work on a couple different layouts. I tried one that was more corporate and another that wasn't so much corporate. I realize that logos aren't my strong point. What do y'all think of today's effort?

Attachments

• logoconcept1.jpg
    logoconcept1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 134

Marlene

I like the first one. it's nice and classic. the second one isn't bad either. I put my finger over the top half to block out the area over the purple ribbon and it looks better ending with the ribbon.

Jillbeans

The first one seems more professional looking to me, but I am not digging the icon.
Maybe just a column with no initials in it?
The second one would be OK with a different color ribbon, something in blue or green.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The left one looks more like a discount undertaker than a lender. The right hand specimen more resembles something seen on a brochure for a subdivision.

Too tight or too loose. Try for something in-between.

peavey123

alright, Here's my latest revision. Going to send him these tomorrow as he's been bugging me. It's tricky fitting designing in right now as we're so busy and we're only 3 guys.

Are these better? I decided to mostly skip the imagery except the bottom logo w/variation. Used classic fonts as suggested earlier in the post. Either Helvetica or Avernir. The second logo is just ribbon & text from previous logo as suggested by Marlene.

I've had to do so many real estate logos & related logos lately it's getting really challenging. Some things just click, others don't..these don't for me. lol

Attachments

• logoconcept1.jpg
    logoconcept1.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 159
Ahh. that is a much better ridge. I like the one with the badge on the left. I think when I read the one with badge in the center my eyes go from Stone to Lending and then after I see the Ridge. Nice looks good. Designing should always fit in your time schedule. You charge for design time just like you charge to make signs. If you charge 2-3 hours for design then you should be able to fit that time in whenever you want, since it is a job just like anything else. I tell the sales guys sorry can't make them right now maybe in an hour, because I am designing a logo, sign, etc.

CanuckSigns

okay, So I had a bit of time today to work on a couple different layouts. I tried one that was more corporate and another that wasn't so much corporate. I realize that logos aren't my strong point. What do y'all think of today's effort?

The one on the right is my favorite so far, my only comment is that due to the detail, it won't reproduce well in some mediums such as embroidery & cut vinyl.

CanuckSigns

I've had to do so many real estate logos & related logos lately it's getting really challenging. Some things just click, others don't..these don't for me. lol

Real estate people actually pay for design work in your neck of the woods? Man I gotta move the shop! Cheapest, least loyal clients out there!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, I take it, some of you are with the impression, no talent is needed in order to create a logo ??

How so pray tell ??

Does that mean, just putting some things down on a piece of paper and getting it critiqued here, will eventually get your job accomplished ??
So, if everyone comes here and gets graded well.... it automatically means it's good ??
This sounds like the same theory they use in this country with the school kids. Push everyone through regardless of their accomplishments or failures.​

So, a few tweaks here and some minor turns there, change this to that and make that color this, a buncha pats on the back & kudos...... and that means someone's creation is an automatic success ?? :U Rock:

CanuckSigns

So, I take it, some of you are with the impression, no talent is needed in order to create a logo ??

How so pray tell ??
Does that mean, just putting some things down on a piece of paper and getting it critiqued here, will eventually get your job accomplished ??
So, if everyone comes here and gets graded well.... it automatically means it's good ??
This sounds like the same theory they use in this country with the school kids. Push everyone through regardless of their accomplishments or failures.​

So, a few tweaks here and some minor turns there, change this to that and make that color this, a buncha pats on the back & kudos...... and that means someone's creation is an automatic success ?? :U Rock:

Is that not the point of this site? to post your work for review among your peers, hopefully getting helpful tips along the way?

Me thinks you've started hitting the bottle a bit earlier than usual today.....

peavey123

Real estate people actually pay for design work in your neck of the woods? Man I gotta move the shop! Cheapest, least loyal clients out there!

They are all my bosses friends...so I don't get into the money part with them. I've been doing a lot of work for real estate in the last year or so. I slightly agree with you, but a good portion are very loyal actually. Surprising eh?

Tim the tool man, you can keep spouting out your butt all you want. I don't care if you think I have no talent based off one logo that I even admitted was giving me a hard time. I know where I stand and I know my strengths and weaknesses. I'm just glad that not everyone here is like you and give's straight up good opinions and advice for me. We're not using this awesome tool (S101) to judge others, we're here to help each other out in a jam.

Thanks to everyone that kept it real here.

Anxiously awaiting Bobs response. The guy has had me in stitches with his reactions to these logos. haha You're awesome Bob even if sometimes I can't understand you with my grade 5 reading level.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

How so pray tell ??
This sounds like the same theory they use in this country with the school kids. Push everyone through regardless of their accomplishments or failures.

So, a few tweaks here and some minor turns there, change this to that and make that color this, a buncha pats on the back & kudos...... and that means someone's creation is an automatic success ??

Is that not the point of this site? to post your work for review among your peers, hopefully getting helpful tips along the way?

Me thinks you've started hitting the bottle a bit earlier than usual today.....

Don't worry about the bottle with me, I can handle it, unlike some of the rest of you.

Did you purposely overlook the very first statement or you don't have an answer or clever comeback ??

As soon as someone disagrees or talks some kinda sense, the rest of you climb up each others butts and go to work with either name calling or just silly accusations. You have nothing from which to pull, so ya just make sh!t up and go around pointing fingers.

Of course this is a place to come to for help and constructive criticism, but most of you lately are turning this place into a free-for-all. There's nothing wrong with people coming here from around the world and not understanding language barriers or newbies without traditional jargon understanding. You learn that as you go. However, don't you or some of the others see the trend ?? It matters not to me what is discussed or what keeps people rolling in here, but the level of conversation or understanding our industry is getting to a point, it's lame and embarrassing to say many are in this field with any knowledge, but still make claim to being a professional in this business.

I was looking back at threads from 2 years ago, 4 years ago and 8 years ago. The change is unbelievable and the level of help is even worse. You guys.... regardless if you're vinyl jockeys, push button mechanics or brokers.... you're not helping anyone with your baseless input. Your words are empty. Your thoughts are usually untried, untrained and unusable. There are a great deal of people here.... who CAN do, but many have been chased away or just given up as there is nothing going on for sign people.

Sure, tell me the sign industry is changing and our archaic methods are useless or not needed anymore. That's no problem. What you don't realize is.... it all comes around and no matter what your shtick is.... it still comes down to some fundamentals. You guys can't keep going around thinking you're all doing this bang up job, just because a few people pat ya on the back. Someone needs to regain their consciousness and remember that the basic rules still apply no matter what tools or approach it is you use.

Garbage in..... garbage out. :design: