• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mortgage Lending Logo

CanuckSigns

Don't worry about the bottle with me, I can handle it, unlike some of the rest of you.

Did you purposely overlook the very first statement or you don't have an answer or clever comeback ??

As soon as someone disagrees or talks some kinda sense, the rest of you climb up each others butts and go to work with either name calling or just silly accusations. You have nothing from which to pull, so ya just make sh!t up and go around pointing fingers.

Of course this is a place to come to for help and constructive criticism, but most of you lately are turning this place into a free-for-all. There's nothing wrong with people coming here from around the world and not understanding language barriers or newbies without traditional jargon understanding. You learn that as you go. However, don't you or some of the others see the trend ?? It matters not to me what is discussed or what keeps people rolling in here, but the level of conversation or understanding our industry is getting to a point, it's lame and embarrassing to say many are in this field with any knowledge, but still make claim to being a professional in this business.

I was looking back at threads from 2 years ago, 4 years ago and 8 years ago. The change is unbelievable and the level of help is even worse. You guys.... regardless if you're vinyl jockeys, push button mechanics or brokers.... you're not helping anyone with your baseless input. Your words are empty. Your thoughts are usually untried, untrained and unusable. There are a great deal of people here.... who CAN do, but many have been chased away or just given up as there is nothing going on for sign people.

Sure, tell me the sign industry is changing and our archaic methods are useless or not needed anymore. That's no problem. What you don't realize is.... it all comes around and no matter what your shtick is.... it still comes down to some fundamentals. You guys can't keep going around thinking you're all doing this bang up job, just because a few people pat ya on the back. Someone needs to regain their consciousness and remember that the basic rules still apply no matter what tools or approach it is you use.

Garbage in..... garbage out. :design:

Holy hell you talk a lot of ****! I didn't reply to your comment about a lack of talent because I don't see a lack of talent from the OP, in fact most of the designs he has posted have been great. Peevy has always posted helpful answers to threads when he can, and I think makes the site better.

You on the other hand seem to take joy in spouting off your ******** and negativity whenever you can. At no point in this thread was the OP looking to have his hand held, or did he jump to defend himself when his designs were picked apart, he was genuinely looking for input.

But of course none of this matters, you're not going to let a decent, helpful thread get in the way of your egomania.

rjssigns

I like the OP's original layout. Probably would have done very similar if tasked with the job.

Then Neato said he like it. Strong endorsement right there.:cool:

peavey123

I like the OP's original layout. Probably would have done very similar if tasked with the job.

Then Neato said he like it. Strong endorsement right there.:cool:

Thanks rjssigns. I scrapped that one when Jill hilariously said it looked like a pocket rocket. Hahaha wut?! Maybe a pocket rocket that has been run over by a truck and glued back together.

neato

All your work you've posted here is solid in my opinion.

There is some good criticism in this thread from some talented folks.

And there's a lot of negative criticism from guys I never see any real work posted from.

I think you know which carries more weight. :)

WildWestDesigns

The one on the right is my favorite so far, my only comment is that due to the detail, it won't reproduce well in some mediums such as embroidery & cut vinyl.

Be careful here. Even extremely simple may not work in embroidery.

A typical logo crest (left breast area), we try to do at 3.5" wide.

If you size a logo at that size and if you are using simple sans serif block fonts and the height is less then .18", then it won't work well unless your embroiderer uses 60# thread and smaller needles. Most won't do that and I know a couple of users on this board that actually won't do letters smaller then .25" in height. .18" is actually as small as I'll go in height.

Also, stitch width is an issue, especially if you are trying to keep it as a satin stitch. If the width of the section of the letter is less then .03", it won't work as a satin stitch.

You would be surprised about what can or can't be reproduced, it just depends on what stitch types you are able to use within a design and size.

Size is the biggest issue more so then detail. Size dictates what you are able to do and if you are limited to stitch type as well, even really simple may not work. That's the irony, just because it's simple doesn't mean it will work. Lettering we try to do in satin stitch first and then fill stitch (if size and/or design dictate otherwise). Personally, I hate running stitches as lettering, but if you want lettering at a certain scale in a design, if you want it to still be there, that's what you might have to live with. Or it will be really crappy satin stitching.

I attached one of the OPs designs to show what I'm talking about. I didn't do any measuring, so don't think that I'm showing this one design as one that is a "no go", this is just to show what I was talking about especially with regard to stitch width of sections of an individual letter, as most don't think about that.

Attachments

• Embroidery.PNG
    Embroidery.PNG
    71.8 KB · Views: 159

k.a.s.

The bottom logo on the last picture you posted is the best so far, I tend to like a blue instead of green, but the concept is nice. I'd present that with a few color options and call it done.

Kevin

peavey123

Be careful here. Even extremely simple may not work in embroidery.

A typical logo crest (left breast area), we try to do at 3.5" wide.

If you size a logo at that size and if you are using simple sans serif block fonts and the height is less then .18", then it won't work well unless your embroiderer uses 60# thread and smaller needles. Most won't do that and I know a couple of users on this board that actually won't do letters smaller then .25" in height. .18" is actually as small as I'll go in height.

Also, stitch width is an issue, especially if you are trying to keep it as a satin stitch. If the width of the section of the letter is less then .03", it won't work as a satin stitch.

You would be surprised about what can or can't be reproduced, it just depends on what stitch types you are able to use within a design and size.

Size is the biggest issue more so then detail. Size dictates what you are able to do and if you are limited to stitch type as well, even really simple may not work. That's the irony, just because it's simple doesn't mean it will work. Lettering we try to do in satin stitch first and then fill stitch (if size and/or design dictate otherwise). Personally, I hate running stitches as lettering, but if you want lettering at a certain scale in a design, if you want it to still be there, that's what you might have to live with. Or it will be really crappy satin stitching.

I attached one of the OPs designs to show what I'm talking about. I didn't do any measuring, so don't think that I'm showing this one design as one that is a "no go", this is just to show what I was talking about especially with regard to stitch width of sections of an individual letter, as most don't think about that.

Good call Wild west. I honestly don't ever think of embroidery, even though I should. Thanks.

WildWestDesigns

Good call Wild west. I honestly don't ever think of embroidery, even though I should. Thanks.

I have the curse of just the opposite. It seems like I always look at how it's going to translate into embroidery (sometimes I can even "hear" the machine running the pattern). Typically why I don't always participate in the logo critiques unless embroidery is mentioned either by the OP or someone else as I just can't separate my critique from that, even if I do like one or more of the design options. Sometimes I just have to catch myself and tell myself that not all designs are going to be used for embroidery, even though the vast majority of the designs that I create are almost specifically for that medium.

I'm trying to break myself of it though.