• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

nowhere else to go

wwpro

Thanks Jill, just finished painting, a shower is next and then keep trying to unblock my brain to see if I can come up with a winner in the next few days.

I really appreciate your input folks !

wwpro

couple more, my ideas of having something print ready for the weekend are long gone since this needs way more creativity.

Will report back later if there's any "improvement" :/

Attachments

• texas-star-printex-TEST.jpg
    texas-star-printex-TEST.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 101

Jillbeans

Top left in post #5 with a tagline saying what you do.
You are getting into the "add a cowhead" area, which doesn't have much to do with a print shop unless you also offer insemination or branding services.
Not that type of branding.
Love....Jill

wwpro

I do appreciate the help, it really helps, but my problem here ( one of them at least) is that while I am a spanish speaker living in a spanish speaking country, the whole "signs" thing doesn't cut it. If you call yourself a "sign shop" here, that means you only do commercial signs, which is not related all the time to the guys doing vehicle lettering, wraps or digital printing, is like a different breed around here.

SO, the idea of where to position my own business is not really clear to me, which I can't get rid off when trying to come up with a logo.

I'm gonna get tired of this fight soon, throw some shapes and a font together and call it a logo, and at the end I'm gonna like it, after a while that is :)

Going to watch a movie and see if Sunday brings something new to my mind

have a nice weekend fellas !

wwpro

and honestly, I don't even know why I incorporated the head, around here nobody even knows what a longhorn looks like :D

buckssigns

Perhaps you should be asking for sign design ideas rather than a logo. A logo is your flag, your brand, your signature; the banner or colours under which you do battle. It just says this is me – over her – I hope you will recognize me next time!

Whilst it may suggest what you do, by design or typography, it is not a complete service descriptor or your autobiography. Place your logo at the top of a sign or card and then list your services on the sign below in language your potential customers WILL understand.

Unless I just don’t understand what you are saying. :)

Last edited:
hey folks

My situation at the moment is just overwhelming, I just moved overseas from Big Ole' Texas to my home country, and decided to open a small shop, doing t-shirts, decals, signs and whatever I can with the equipment I have and the knowledge I've been gathering from where ever I can, but just realized that creating my OWN logo is one of the toughest tasks. :frustrated:

The name of the business would be Printex (yeah I know) because I want to honor the Lone Star State, and since I live in a spanish speaking country, the name has to be easy to pronounce,even being a foreign word, for all my potential customers here.

I think your first mistake is that you are trying to literally incorporate Texas into your logo. I would scratch that idea as I doubt any of your potential customers in Uruguay are going to make the connection, let alone care. I tend to always stick to the less is more approach of designing and I think this would be one of those situations where that approach would prove beneficial.

In my opinion, stick with the name "Printex" and what your business does as the subtext and leave it at that. If you really feel you must have something "Texas" add the five pointed star as an icon and maybe throw a "P" into it, but nothing more. Cow skulls, Rangers, and anything Texas have nothing to do with your business. I think an icon should always have something to do with what your business does in some way, whether subliminal or not. So unless you are ranching cattle, a logo with less "Texas" and more "Printing" would be a good start.

rjpjr

In my opinion, stick with the name "Printex" and what your business does as the subtext and leave it at that. If you really feel you must have something "Texas" add the five pointed star as an icon...

a LONE STAR 2 color concept...

Attachments

• Printex.jpg
    Printex.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 91

wwpro

well, been busy after getting the news that I'm going to be a DAD :)

About the "Texas" incident, I just need to apologize, no idea what I was thinking, but be sure that idea won't cross my mind again.

I've been working for a few minutes at a time on other concepts and have one similar to the one rjpjr posted before, so I feel I'm on the right track.

Have wasted a lot of time on this logo thing, which I know is very important, but need to start printing business cards and flyers, do my own sign and a few jobs I have lined up so I can open the shop once an for all, I believe diapers hurt your savings :D

thanks folks for the help again, and I'll be posting more concepts as soon as I have time

wwpro

let see if I'm going somewhere with these ....

Attachments

• PRINTEX-may.jpg
    PRINTEX-may.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 103
Last edited: