• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recent Projections I did

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Addie....

• You don't do any homework at all, do you ??

Try to get this through your thick stoopid skull.

You go to a 4' x 10' sheet for pennies more and get 6 out of a sheet. A frickin' no-brainer for anyone doing these on a normal basis. Any supplier has this size in stock. Also, all the flutes will be running the same way. How'd you explain that one to the customer ?? :Oops: guess my supplier mixed them all up.... so sowdy.

We stock 4' x 8's... x 10's and 5' x 12's.... and we're not a distributor. So, in answering yet another stoopid excuse, you could've gone to a 30" x 36", easily fit all your necessary copy and still not ruin it again for only pennies more.

Please, stop trying to sound as if you know what you're doing. You know less than you think and still can't put a simple graphic on a window straight.... even with a perfectly flat top. Now, that's pathetic. And there were two of you doing it..... that's even worse yet. There must be two of you out in the world doing this stoopid chit. How comes your partner in crime isn't' chiming in and telling us how great you are ??

Also, aren't realtors your bread & butter ?? Do they know or even realize there are better proven fixes out there then you're feeding them ?? Aren't you afraid someone is gonna spill the beans soon that you can't design, fabricate or deliver worthwhile goods ?? With the complete disgraceful quality of goods you deliver, you're just waiting to be had. Hope none of the people in your area read this forum, or your goose is cooked.​

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ouch, another Personal attack. I thought Stalin and Hitler died years ago.

Don't go by the flavor, but by the content.
Besides, its more like the kid that cried wolf all the time.... but this kid has yet to see a real wolf.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Haha I love how worked up Gino gets over anything Addie posts. :p

Believe me.... I'm not worked up at all. He's a pleasure doing this internet forum stuff. He's so silly, he just makes me laugh and giggle my sweet petunia off.

Ya have to admit though.... he's like being the President and giving all the comedians so much to work with... you just never run out of material. He even fuels his own fires. He's just a wonderful guy. Just ask him........ :toasting:

xxaxx

he's like being the President and giving all the comedians so much to work with... you just never run out of material.

That is very true ... I don't even have to start reading the comments and I am thoroughly entertained usually.

SignManiac

Bigger piece wasn't an option I did these 24x36 to fit 5 to a sheet from signs365. This was a turn and burn job not a large complex project. Its for a Realtor you make it big, cheap, and fast and move on to the next job.

It's not about the size of the substrate nor fitting the font on it. When ever you stick letters on a board, you end up with a board with letters stuck on it. It will never amount to any kind of good design.

You need to understand more than that. Design sells. I do it all day long. I get undercut for less and still get the clients order. You can't up sell or educate the client if you are not yourself educated.

In many years you might learn what all this means. Keep on trying. It might help, it might not. Excuses will never compensate for inability to design.

Attachments

• addie.jpg
    addie.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 75

xxaxx

It's not about the size of the substrate nor fitting the font on it. When ever you stick letters on a board, you end up with a board with letters stuck on it. It will never amount to any kind of good design.

You need to understand more than that. Design sells. I do it all day long. I get undercut for less and still get the clients order. You can't up sell or educate the client if you are not yourself educated.

In many years you might learn what all this means. Keep on trying. It might help, it might not. Excuses will never compensate for inability to design.

Much better! And the customer would be proud to put those out on the street.

SlightlyChilled

Funny at one time he was sign maker then a broker and now he sees the real money and is trying to be a sign maker.

I will give you ONE plus I can't see one bubble on the sign.

SignManiac

Thanks Bill. Just trying to illustrate that excuses won't work. Two fonts, about 12 minutes to design. I didn't tweak any of the kerning. This would be basic stuff for these signs.

vid

...Just trying to illustrate that excuses won't work. Two fonts, about 12 minutes to design. I didn't tweak any of the kerning. This would be basic stuff for these signs.

Thank you. It's a great lesson to show the difference of type made big to be seen at a distance vs. type made legible to be seen at a distance.

The excuse of whacking out a design based on the "make it big" justification started a meme at one shop where I worked. If any of the four designers produced something like the original ---- and used a variation of that line to defend the layout ---- one of us would get up out of our chair, walk to the window and wave - "good-bye pride - good-bye craftsmanship..." After a while, all one had to do when something in the shop was done halfway, was to simply offer the "parade" wave and someone's head hung in shame. The wave got faster the worse the offense - LOL​

Again, thanks for your generosity and effort! :thumb:

SignManiac

Quite often it's not the clients fault. They don't know any better. It is up to us to educate the customer either by concise explanation, or by visual example. I often talk a stubborn customer out of things "they think they need" compared to what I know they need.

I've seen a lot of hack work done and if I was the customer, I too would insist on doing it my way because it wouldn't be any worse than what some sign companies would produce.

One thing I think every shop should have, is a good before and after portfolio of what a typical sign looks like, and what it could look like. Besides, it makes for a very easy up sell once they see the difference.

lexsigns

Quite often it's not the clients fault. They don't know any better. It is up to us to educate the customer either by concise explanation, or by visual example. I often talk a stubborn customer out of things "they think they need" compared to what I know they need.

I've seen a lot of hack work done and if I was the customer, I too would insist on doing it my way because it wouldn't be any worse than what some sign companies would produce.

One thing I think every shop should have, is a good before and after portfolio of what a typical sign looks like, and what it could look like. Besides, it makes for a very easy up sell once they see the difference.
+1
I usually stay out of these heated posts BUT my 2 cents...
with design it seems you either have it or you dont... and Signmanic is 100 percent correct It is ALL about the design! look at the example he did
If it is not your strong suit and you just dont have it wouldn't it be wise to hire outside help for that aspect? If you get great designs and sell great designs your biz will increase , you will have more time to do other things that are your specialy and no one will notice if anything is crooked cuz the design will be so rockin!
Just a thought- there are 100 talented designers here who could do all your layout work at a fair price