• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recent Projections I did

cdiesel

Measuring too much can at times cause problems. .

Uhh... wha?

Measure, pin the graphics, stand back, look at the the most Prominent body line, does it LOOK right, not always. Make it crooked if you have to so it Looks correct.

You sir, are just as bad as addie. Addie makes excuse after excuse as to why he does things wrong. You say it's okay to do things wrong cause you're still "practicing".. Then you say it's okay to put things on as long as they "look" straight. Keep practicing, buddy.

The phone number is un even over the most pre dominant body line, the Lower one. The rear door is even, so compared to that it looks crooked. Still a good job, seen many worse, especially mine when I used to work off levels, not adjust the average distances to get install line. I run a Laser level at the angle of the main body line now, and measure off that.

That truck lettering job is horrendous. Please don't encourage him!

fmg

6:57am 1082 views LMFAO Addie you are officially a celebrity on these forums.Good job by the way at least you gave it your all!!!

HulkSmash

Don't you guys get it? He knows his layouts are horrible! He only wants attention and you keep giving it to him!
:banghead:

I actually honestly don't think he's doing it for attention. He's proud of his work -- which is a good thing. Some things obviously need to be improved -- he's admitted he knows. My guess he doesn't do a whole lot of sign work, or he wouldn't be showing a window decal or a small yard sign...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Don't you guys get it? He knows his layouts are horrible! He only wants attention and you keep giving it to him!
:banghead:

He might want attention and he might receive it from all who participate, but think about this for a moment......

How 'bout all the newbies, students, lurkers and whatever else comes to this site and reads the threads in the open forums ?? At least they have a chance to learn what NOT to do and that there are people willing to help, critique and better this industry. However much bashing Addie takes is on him and him alone. He asks for it with his continuing odd approach.

What gets me the most is his absolute word that he has not screwed anyone on this site monetarily and yet, here's still another one where he tries to talk his way out of screwing someone.

I for one, am tired of seeing the habitual lies and mounting evidence and he is just getting braver and screwing more people by the minute. He's only burning his own behind, but it's got to be scarred to the point of 'Well Done'. Put a poker in it, take it out of the oven and throw it away. This one's burned to a crisp beyond usefulness. Get rid of it before it really hurts someone. This is a true example of being warned time and time again and neither he nor anyone else is trying to rid the system of the problem.

:help

SignosaurusRex

That's it, GET A ROPE!

Attachments

• judge_roy_bean-color.jpg
    judge_roy_bean-color.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 76

Locals Find!

+1
I usually stay out of these heated posts BUT my 2 cents...
with design it seems you either have it or you dont... and Signmanic is 100 percent correct It is ALL about the design! look at the example he did
If it is not your strong suit and you just dont have it wouldn't it be wise to hire outside help for that aspect? If you get great designs and sell great designs your biz will increase , you will have more time to do other things that are your specialy and no one will notice if anything is crooked cuz the design will be so rockin!
Just a thought- there are 100 talented designers here who could do all your layout work at a fair price

I do hire a designer for a lot of projects. The Vehicle Job was designed mostly by a "Professional Designer" the logo file was provided from the client. I bid this job out against another shop. The client dictated parts of the design based on the losing shops proposal. I just laid it out to fit on the vehicle and achieve the clients desires. He loves it.

The Real Estate Sign, I needed it to fit with other pieces I had already done for him. I know the layout could have been better. I didn't have the luxury of time to farm it out or the financials on this job to farm it out. Overall, It could have been better I admit that.

He might want attention and he might receive it from all who participate, but think about this for a moment......

How 'bout all the newbies, students, lurkers and whatever else comes to this site and reads the threads in the open forums ?? At least they have a chance to learn what NOT to do and that there are people willing to help, critique and better this industry. However much bashing Addie takes is on him and him alone. He asks for it with his continuing odd approach.

What gets me the most is his absolute word that he has not screwed anyone on this site monetarily and yet, here's still another one where he tries to talk his way out of screwing someone.

I for one, am tired of seeing the habitual lies and mounting evidence and he is just getting braver and screwing more people by the minute. He's only burning his own behind, but it's got to be scarred to the point of 'Well Done'. Put a poker in it, take it out of the oven and throw it away. This one's burned to a crisp beyond usefulness. Get rid of it before it really hurts someone. This is a true example of being warned time and time again and neither he nor anyone else is trying to rid the system of the problem.
:help

Gino, I screwed No one if you would bother to check your facts rather than throwing out blatant LIES you might actually realize Steve C. has been paid and I am in the process of paying a debt owed to another member on here as I type this.

Of Course, I don't expect you to actually do that as you love to make up LIES and try and convince everyone else of your superiority. So, get off your chipmunk drowning bucket and try and tell the TRUTH for once or at the very least get your facts straight. I know telling the TRUTH might be a bit much for you to handle.

Locals Find!

I actually honestly don't think he's doing it for attention. He's proud of his work -- which is a good thing. Some things obviously need to be improved -- he's admitted he knows. My guess he doesn't do a whole lot of sign work, or he wouldn't be showing a window decal or a small yard sign...

Your right, I don't do as much sign work as I would like too. 75% of my business is printing business cards, postcards, etc...

The majority of the sign work I get to do. Is Standard Real Estate Signs which fit into one of 5 basic layouts. So, my design skills haven't had a chance to mature and grow as much as I would like them too.

I would love to have some of the skills some of you can pull out of your rears inside of 3 minutes and make what takes me 4 hours to accomplish look like a friggin kindergartner did it with crayons after drinking a can of Red Bull.

Steve C.

Thanks Addie! :thumb:
BTW... if you owe anyone else here, you should take care of that also...just sayin'.

Last edited:

garisimo

Good work Addie -- and keep posting your work -- it might not be the best, but you certainly aren't afraid to seek advice and doggedly work at your designs. It's great having someone here with such a positive attitude pushing back against all the chip-shouldered bitter-mongers.

-g-

Locals Find!

Did the client show you the losing shops proposal/layout? I'd be pissed if I was that other shop...

I submitted my layout with my bid the same as they did. I didn't see their layout till afterwards and I never was shown the pricing.

Our suggested layouts were very similar. The main differences were the Penquin Head size (I had it smaller on the glass itself they blew it up onto the body.) The information on the rear door itself I had it laying out straight off the hinge area and stopping before the fender whereas they had it wrapped around the fender.

I added the QR Code into the design they didn't. All in all it was pretty obvious what had to go where so I wasn't surprised we laid it out similarly.

Locals Find!

Thanks Addie! :thumb:
BTW... if you owe anyone else here, you should take care of that also...just sayin'.

Your welcome Steve. I am planning on that also. I am trying to clear all my debts as fast as I can. I took on a second part time (regular job) to help make that easier.

HulkSmash

I'm going to give you some friendly advice so you can gather more business, i truly believe you have the customer service skill to get more business then you currently get.

1.You have to invest money to make your business better.
I see no sign of that with your current setup. Get a tiny business loan - even like 5-6k.

1. adtechia.com <--- that website is godawful. fix it. As a consumer, I would auto ALT f4 out of my browser when your site loaded. Your town is pretty small, and I see no reason why you can't service a large chunk of your city for sign needs.

2. a Legible clean logo that represents what you do

3. If you can't do it, outsource it - Don't make your customer be a test dummy. (installs, design, etc.) There are a ton of vendors on here who can do projects for you, and you can still make a heavy profit on it.

4. As much as people want to believe it works -- direct mail post cards go right in the trash, don't waste your money on it. Try other forms of advertising. Go out yourself and do more sales.

5. Typically Brokers can afford to charge a little more because, they deliver everything to their clients. Make sure you add that into prices - your time is money..

even if you just fix your site, pay a bit to have someone design it..
It will help greatly.

Locals Find!

I submitted my layout with my bid the same as they did.

Say NO to free design work!!!

Wait....maybe in your case...nevermind.

I usually do but, this is an associate from my networking group and the business is right across the hall from me. He has gotten me out of computer jambs without charging me. So, returning the favor was only right.

I'm going to give you some friendly advice so you can gather more business, i truly believe you have the customer service skill to get more business then you currently get.

1.You have to invest money to make your business better.
I see no sign of that with your current setup. Get a tiny business loan - even like 5-6k.

1. adtechia.com <--- that website is godawful. fix it. As a consumer, I would auto ALT f4 out of my browser when your site loaded. Your town is pretty small, and I see no reason why you can't service a large chunk of your city for sign needs.

2. a Legible clean logo that represents what you do

3. If you can't do it, outsource it - Don't make your customer be a test dummy. (installs, design, etc.) There are a ton of vendors on here who can do projects for you, and you can still make a heavy profit on it.

4. As much as people want to believe it works -- direct mail post cards go right in the trash, don't waste your money on it. Try other forms of advertising. Go out yourself and do more sales.

5. Typically Brokers can afford to charge a little more because, they deliver everything to their clients. Make sure you add that into prices - your time is money..

even if you just fix your site, pay a bit to have someone design it..
It will help greatly.

Great Advice! and with the Exception of Direct Mail & the loan I agree 100%. (I don't want more debt than I currently have, however small it keeps me up at night worrying when I can pay it off.) Your list is not much different than my goal list hanging on my wall in front of my desk. Part of my reasoning behind the second job.