• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recent Projections I did

HulkSmash

I usually do but, this is an associate from my networking group and the business is right across the hall from me. He has gotten me out of computer jambs without charging me. So, returning the favor was only right.

Great Advice! and with the Exception of Direct Mail & the loan I agree 100%. (I don't want more debt than I currently have, however small it keeps me up at night worrying when I can pay it off.) Your list is not much different than my goal list hanging on my wall in front of my desk. Part of my reasoning behind the second job.

You can't do business with no money. The sooner you realize that, the sooner you'll make money.

I do wholesale printing for a broker here in town. He easily Clears 80k PROFIT each year on what we do for him.
His office is in his car, he's on his phone all day trying to get new clients, he drives anywhere to get work.

CES020

1. adtechia.com <--- that website is godawful. fix it. As a consumer, I would auto ALT f4 out of my browser when your site loaded.

Surely you are just ignorant of websites because this came from the Adobe Muse thread.....

Knowing even basic code languages will allow you to do things that just can't be achieved with a WYSIWYG editor.

I know I have been screwing around with code and building websites since 1995. I am no Master at it but, I know my way around.

If that's what 17 years of experience with coding gets you, then I think I'd go with Adobe Muse.......just saying......

HulkSmash

Surely you are just ignorant of websites because this came from the Adobe Muse thread.....

If that's what 17 years of experience with coding gets you, then I think I'd go with Adobe Muse.......just saying......

He's only been coding since 1995.. come on.

Last edited:

lexsigns

I'm going to give you some friendly advice so you can gather more business, i truly believe you have the customer service skill to get more business then you currently get.

1.You have to invest money to make your business better.
I see no sign of that with your current setup. Get a tiny business loan - even like 5-6k.

1. adtechia.com <--- that website is godawful. fix it. As a consumer, I would auto ALT f4 out of my browser when your site loaded. Your town is pretty small, and I see no reason why you can't service a large chunk of your city for sign needs.

2. a Legible clean logo that represents what you do

3. If you can't do it, outsource it - Don't make your customer be a test dummy. (installs, design, etc.) There are a ton of vendors on here who can do projects for you, and you can still make a heavy profit on it.

4. As much as people want to believe it works -- direct mail post cards go right in the trash, don't waste your money on it. Try other forms of advertising. Go out yourself and do more sales.

5. Typically Brokers can afford to charge a little more because, they deliver everything to their clients. Make sure you add that into prices - your time is money..

even if you just fix your site, pay a bit to have someone design it..
It will help greatly.

That is great advise! If you dont have the money to get a logo etc- find a sub who you can establish a great relationship with. I have many, installers, fabricators , etc. I design a ton for them, they install and build a ton for me. I make more money doing what I am good at rather than fidling with aspects I shouldn't. Thats what the pros are for :)
I understand about not wanting a loan so if you can at least barter- but be very careful who you choose to do with. I have had great and aweful..

BTW, I didnt mean my post to be insulting or harsh. I dont think negitivity gets anyone anywhere and I try NEVER to say anything I wouldnt want to hear. I am honest though- hope you didnt take it the wrong way

HulkSmash

That is great advise! If you dont have the money to get a logo etc- find a sub who you can establish a great relationship with. I have many, installers, fabricators , etc. I design a ton for them, they install and build a ton for me. I make more money doing what I am good at rather than fidling with aspects I shouldn't. Thats what the pros are for :)
I understand about not wanting a loan so if you can at least barter- but be very careful who you choose to do with. I have had great and aweful..

BTW, I didnt mean my post to be insulting or harsh. I dont think negitivity gets anyone anywhere and I try NEVER to say anything I wouldnt want to hear. I am honest though- hope you didnt take it the wrong way

you're right loans suck. I pay everything cash. I have 0 debt, and it's nice.
But we're established, it takes money and reputation for that. He needs start up money.

lexsigns

yes agreed - cant get sumtin from nuthin..SBA loans, family, friends, partner, investor etc... some where