• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1st Design off, window perf challenge, Astours vs. Shovelhead

Which design is your favorite?

• Design #1

Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Design #2

Votes: 164 94.8%

• Total voters

Doyle

this is a good place for one of our merchant members to step in...... mannnn, I really like those fonts at signfonts.com

DRPSignsNGrafix

Flame stop sleeping and tell us who is in the first one who is the ref. The ref comes up with the idea for the design. As for as what it's for. The customer basically.

Flame

First 10 guys that responded here get to enter the contest. 4 days to design, 3 days to vote using the poll method. Exactly one week and the whole thing is done. DRP, you can come up with the parameters for what we have to design, and you'll be the one that has to put up the poll.

So, figure out what needs design. Business card, logo, sign, etc. Give out some restraints and info on what is needed just like a real customer would, then let everyone loose. Start a new thread for it though please.

Have fun!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I dunno................. ??????
KemoSabe trouble.jpg

ChiknNutz

I know that the poll is closed, yet have to comment a little bit. I think both need some work. Most have commented about design 1 and not much about the 2nd.

I think the second looks fine for the most part, yet somehow I remember the "wing" type of thing on a motorcycle logo, perhaps Victory or some new American motorcycle manufacturer. My suggestion is a bullbozer blade appearing as if it is pushing the logo forward instead of the wing thing on there. Just my thoughts.

Now for the 1st. The text needs some adjustment.

The one thing I think design 1 has that lacks in the 2nd design is the phone number. Is everybody that see the truck going to have to wait till they get home to look the number up in order to call them? I guess they could try to get them to pull over while going down the freeway. I think the best way is to provide a number on the graphic for potential customers to contact the business. Remember the guy wanted only the back of the window done, nothing on the sides so the back is the only way to have a phone number showing. A big part of advertising your business is for the customer to be able to contact you for work, right?

My choice #1 because the number is included. Needs work though.

I'd say he was going more for a LOGO than a design in this case, but I could be wrong.