• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

25 Random Facts About YOU!

Bigdawg

Just Me
I like your idea Pat lol

Here's 25 more like Maria did... silly things mostly... this has been really fun.

1. I learned to drive on the banked race track at Roger Ward's Owosso Speedway. That would explain all the speeding tickets.

2. My first job was at 14 cleaning the school bathrooms.. gross.

3. Used to do a lot of photo editing for tour books. I've cleaned up Alan Jackson's complexion, made Janet Jackson's butt smaller, lifted Britney's boobs and fixed madonna's curves. But my favorite book every year was always ozfest. Biggest pain was KISS.

4. My children are related to Jimmy Doolittle.... yes that Jimmy Doolittle.

5. My dream car is a '66 Chevy II.. the year they tagged it with Nova too.

6. My friends used to tell me I was the only person they knew that honestly tried to develop a smoking habit and couldn't.

7. I had the third highest score of almost 500 people taking their GED the same year I did.

8. Was first chair clarinet in state competitions... but couldn't get past second chair at school...

9. Have never flown. Ever.

10. My adult children still call me mommy... a couple dozen other kids from throughout the years still call me mom

11. My nieces and nephews used to call me "Aunt Space"

12. Have had my beloved Harley Dawg for over 13 years... since he was 5 weeks old... and am scared that his time to go is near.

13. Don't dance... but if you play the blues I can't help myself.

14. Never went to college and wish I had.

15. The car I just bought is my first car loan.

16. I am not allowed around tools. Anyone that knows me quickly acknowledges that this is a good thing.

17. Will buy another motorcycle when I lose 30 more lbs.

18. One of my favorite people on this board is someone I've argued the fierciest with... and he knows that he is. Can't wait to put a face to the name.

19. My dad toured with Grand Funk years ago (he was a company rep) and I've met them all.

20. I learned how to roll film in a darkroom before I was 10... started playing with developing times, etc in the trays with my dad by the time I was 12.

21. Used to cut color for newspaper ads and once cut the color for a head of lettuce out of rubylith and zipatone on overlays. It was a work of art that you wouldn't understand unless you understood paste-up and camera.

22. Have an extreme font fetish... I buy fonts like most women buy shoes.

23. Cannot stand the sound of a scraping fork on teeth... <shiver>

24. I really am as idealistic as I sound sometimes.. and other times I know better.

25. Think MariaMartini was super-smart in starting this thread.

Temujin

I think 25 things about you should be required of all newbies before they're let in.

Okay, I'll bite.

1. The love of my life is my 19 month old son. He has gotten me through some hard times.

2. I am trying to sell my house in another city and for the past 4 months have been living in my mother-in-law's basement. (Contact me if you may be interested in the house...I'm getting desperate :smile:)

3. When I was 8 I ran a toboggan (with 4 other people on it) into a concrete picnic table. I split my cheek completely open and now have a scar, similar to the Joker's from The Dark Knight, on my left cheek. Without the make-up...most days.

4. I have never broken a bone, unless you count teeth. I broke one tooth from the sledding accident and knocked out 4 others.

5. I MAY have fractured my finger a couple months ago when I got it caught in a drill press. (It says not to wear gloves for a reason).

6. I never considered a career in sign making until 5 months ago when I moved. My other job doing masonry work fell through.

7. I like all kinds of music except rap and country.

8. I love to read.

9. I never seem to have time to read.

10. I quit college after one year. I had a speech class where the professor was more of a philosophy prof. He asked us one day "Why are you here in college?" The only answer I had was "People told me this was what I was supposed to do."

11. I have a dog named Muttley. Really original.

12. I do love to watch trains, and there are tracks just 40 yards outside my office window.

13. I am addicted to pepsi.

14. I love microbrews and imports. I always love trying a new beer.

15. My favorite beer is Boulevard Wheat.

16. When I was 12 I decided to change the way I wrote my uppercase G's. I had to consciously write them with the return-line and down-line for about two weeks until it became natural.

17. Uppercase G's are my favorite letter to write.

18. My middle name "Patrick" comes from my dad's uncle who was killed in a car wreck a couple years before I was born. They think he swerved to miss a deer. About 9 months before, he hit a deer on his motorcycle and was just finishing up his recovery from that, when he wrecked his car.

19. I was born two generations too late for my music tastes. I'm 24 and I have more in common with my dad than with my friends when it comes to music.

20. I spent $1500 on my first computer, which I assembled myself

21. I spent just $400 on my first car. A 1973 Dodge Coronet. Still my favorite car, the thing just floated.

22. I have never once smoked a cigarette.

23. I have never done illicit drugs...unless you count alcohol.

24. I hate when voices on TV don't match the picture. I have turned off shows, even when nobody else noticed it.

25. I really should get back to work.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
I'm a family man with traditional values.
I love to drive in the snow.
Favorite spot to vacation is the Caribbean.
I've rafted through the Grand Canyon.
Been skiing and water skiing since I was a kid.
Played football as a child up until I was 18.
I'm a Giants and a Jets fan.
I use to be an alter boy.
I throw overhand lefty and underhand righty.
I've met Johnny Carson, Burgess Meredith, Rutger Hauer & Ice-T.
I do all the cooking and am very good at it.
I tend to be laid-back and a quite person until I get to know you.
I like dark beer, bacardi & coke, and good whiskey.
I'm fascinated by science and I like history.
Enjoy a good thunder and lightning storm.
I've never sent a text message, I'm short on patience.
I can't stand to be hot, love A/C.
I hate shopping & crowds.
My wife say's I'm like a bull in a china store.
I despise wearing a tie & walk around like I have a neck brace on when I do.
I've broken my hand, ribs, ankle, and a couple fingers over the years.
Idolized Evel Knievel as a kid.
Jumped 6 kids with my bike before I got caught by a parent.
I was given the last rights at age 15.
I've had a BB lodged in my heart and another in my abdomen for 27 years.
I can never have an MRI.

N2Harpz

Here you go

1. The middle of three children. I'm the only boy.
2. Lived in Southern Ohio all my life.
3. I love snow. ( we just got around 8 inches last night. Whoo Hoo )
4. I also love football, baseball, golf and motorcycles.
5. I have probably had around 5-6 broken bones in my life time.
6. My last injury was on Thanksgiving Day. I separated my shoulder playing tackle football with some buddies. ( I'm 56 yrs old..... LOL )
7. My wife says that I will never grow up. I like to ride on the back of grocery cart in the parking lot ( We are still married after 30 years )
7. I love to paint with and teach watercolors.
8. I have sold original paintings in 32 different states and some in Canada, Australia, and Norway.
9. I worked at a steel mill for 34 years before retiring and buying a sign shop.
10. It's a good thing I have a pension coming in because this sign business is super slow right now. But I'm still holding on.
11. I have been playing the harmonica for 12 years now.
12. I like to collect old ink wells. Most of them I bought, but some of them I dug in old dumps. Now there is a hobby for you. TIP: If you dig in the winter all the snakes are hibernating.
13. Best trip I ever took was to Australia. 10 days .. started in Sydney and drove all to Moree and back. ( picked up an inkwell while I was there )
14. Our family is all split up. My Daughter lives in Chattanooga, Dad lives in Phoenix, Sister lives in Wisconsin, Other sister lives in Maryland. Brother in law lives in Pittsburgh.
15. I have the autographs of Jack Nicholas and Arnold Palmer.
16. I think that Pete Rose is innocent..... LOL
17. I am a night person.
18. I love to take long driving trips by myself.
19. I like all kinds of music. As long as it's not Rap or Heavy Metal. I have music going in the shop all the time.
20. I make friends easy and love to meet new folks all the time.
21. I have an Amish family that I drop in on regular. We fish, shoot clay pigeons in the field, drink lots of coffee and I give the kids art lessons.
22. I wish the Cincinnati Bengals could win a game now and then. I'm starting to root for the Indy Colts.
23. I think that the Reds are going all the way this year.
24. I never painted with enamel paint until I bought this crazy sign shop.
25. I also like to watch reruns on TV. Andy Griffith is my fave. That Barney Fife cracks me up.

Border

1. I'm filling my shop/garage floor with a couple tons of sand for a big 2 day Superbowl beach party this weekend....
I'll fill in the other 24 lines on Monday!

southpawP8NTR

1. I am the oldest of 5 kids
2. I live in the same town I was born.
3. Married my high school sweetheart, divorced her still talk everyday.
4. Have two daughters-wanted two boys, wouldn't trade either for anything
5. Performed CPR on my oldest daughter when she was 2 and saved her life.
6. Cried for hours after my daughter started breathing again.
7. I have A.D.D. and take meds everyday for it.
8. Nickname is Conehead (no I don't have a conehead)
9. Afriad of heights.
10. Can say my ABC's backwards when drinking-I've had to prove it several times.
11. Found out at school at age 13, that I was adopted by my father.
12. Met my real father at age 21.
13. Love Egyptology and history in general.
14. Been arrested once for disturbing the peace, resisting arrest and striking an officer(which was dropped) long story let's just say one officer felt guilty about what happened.
15. I was bitten by spiders three seperate times playing pick up football.
16. I have a scar from my private parts to my kneecap from a barb wire fence playing pick up football.
17. Love baseball-GO CARDS!
18. Love rock, hate rap and country music.
19. Lost my hero, my grandfather 5 years ago and haven't gotten over it yet.
20. Spend every Monday evening with my grandmother watching TV
21. Was married to second wife in a drive through in Vegas six years ago.
22. Have 20/15 vision.
23. The smell of brocolli cooking makes me literally sick to my stomach.
24. Won a state art contest my sophomore year and my oldest daughter won the same contest 20 years later as a sophomore.
25. I am an optimist and my wife is a pesimist. she's my yang!

Jillbeans

I am not interesting enough to think of 25 more.
This is all I could come up with:
26: I was a docent in a museum which was right beside my house from when I was 15 until I got married at 19.
http://www.depreciationlandsmuseum.org/
It is supposedly haunted.
27: When I was 19, I beat a girl so badly she required stitches. We were at a public event and she started to verbally harass my older brother, who had done nothing and was trying to ignore her. I threw a pitcher of beer on her to shut her up, and it kinda snowballed. She tore off my glasses and tramped on them, and I beat her with the plastic beer pitcher until it broke and then beat her with the handle. It had to be pried out of my hand. I am 5'1½", she is 6' and was the school bully, two years older than me.
You had to be there I guess, but everyone was glad I did it and people still tease me about it. It takes a lot to get me that mad.
28: I am about blind without my glasses, but I wear contacts so I don't look like Norm Abrams.
29: Wannabe is my newest Sign Chick hero.

S

Sign-Man Signs

1. I am 54 years old, but feel like 19 and sometimes act that way.
2. I am second of 7 children. 4 boys, 3 girls.
3. My father was the youngest to graduate from the Navy's Diver School.
4. I love Coke.
5. I was stuck by lightening in 1980. Still can't take an EKG.
6. I have been happily married to the same women for 35 years.
7. I have one son that is a structural engineer.
8. I was an Army Ranger Sniper in Vietnam.
9. I hate snakes.
10. My favorite candy is a Zero candy bar.
11. I love Heinze ketsup. Cold.
12. I have a list of the top ten people I would like to hit in the face with baseball bat.
13. I have a short temper.
14. I'm a clean freak.
15. I've done every drug known to man.
16. Sometimes I see things that are not there. Acid I think.
17. I hand painted my first race car at age 8.
18. I used to build my own computers until E machines came out.
19. I survived a HALO (high altitude, low open) drop after my chute malfunctioned.
20. I have broken, both arms, both legs, and 6 ribs.
21. I've lost my spleen. Five foot of small intestine and part of my liver.
22. I think GWB is the worst disaster in US history.
23. I lettered Dale Earnhardts boat, Sundays Money.
24. I believe in God, but I wish he'd prove to me he exists.
25. I can sell anything to anybody. No brag, just fact.

Tags
Jackpine
Woodb
Eric(Vector Doctor)

MacDaddy

Hi All...

1. I am 47 years old
2. I spent 20 years and 21 days in the US Army
3. I thought I wanted to be a Teacher after the Army, 2 years later I decided NOT!!!
4. I have 2 daughters, 21 and 27
5. I have been married twice, each lasted 2 years
6. I really enjoy my job (Printer Tech)
7. I hate cold weather
8. I love Bud Light with Lime
9. I live way out of town on a farm
10. My dogs name is Buster (Blue Healer)
11. I like to hunt
12. I hate fishing
13. I think the Cowboys Rule...
14. I like BBQ
15. I hate people who procrastinate
16. I am know for 'making things happen'
17. I miss the Army
18. I was a 'Super Soldier'
19. I miss my dad every day (he died at age 48 in 1986)
20. I voted for Obama
21. I love the Southwest
22. I go to Mexico every 3 months for a long weekend of drinkin with my buddies...
23. Did I mention I like Bud Light with Lime
24. I always wear a Hat and Boots... Always
25. I hate my Sprint Instict phone........... Oh, and I really like Bud Light with Lime....

Last edited:

JoySigns

OK, here's my history:
I am a Nebraska native.
The town I grew up in (population 350) was named after my great-grandfather.
Lived in a railroad depot until I was in fifth grade.
Had train related nightmares until I was in fifth grade.
Always loved to draw and was into crafts even when I was a kid.
Youngest of three children, older brother killed in a tractor accident when I was seven years old.
Raised a Methodist, now an agnostic, I believe in the power of good and evil.
Started out an art major in college switched to human geography.
Married for 23 years, husband is my best friend.
Husband is also my business partner, we are together nearly 24 hours a day.
Have two very smart, nearly grown daughters.
Lived in France for three years and England for a semester.
Was thrown off a train in communist Bulgaria.
Lived in South Carolina, Missouri and Southern California, now back in Nebraska.
I miss southern California and hate Nebraska winters.
Went to the Caribbean for the first time last winter and fell in love with it.
Going back to Orient Beach, St Martin, French West Indies, this February.
Found out that once you’ve shed your clothes on a nude beach you never want to put them back on.
Have to wear three layers of clothes everyday to get through Nebraska’s winter.
I drink a lot of wine.
I’m a foodie.
I have a fish pond with four year old goldfish in it.
I dress nicely, but mostly from thrift stores.
Listen to Pandora radio daily.
Chopped my pointer finger middle joint off and cut the tendon in a picture frame chopper three years ago.

Sign_Boy

26. I have had the Heimlich procedure done on me twice - once from choking on a french fry and the other time I was choking on a chocolate covered cherry.

27. I have been run over by a car

28. I enjoy camping but have not done it in years

29. I can be easily distracted

30. Can doodle and listen at the same time

31. I have learned a ton from S101

32. I almost always try to do the right thing

31. I always bring a bottle of water to bed with me at night

32. I pitched a no hitter in LL

33. Love sports but find it hard to watch them on TV

34. I'd rather eat 2 meals than have dessert

35. Back in the day people called me MacGyver because I could fix just about anything (I don't know what happend - I can't do it now LOL)

36. I listen to country music

37. I got hit by a car while riding a bike

38. I miss the Terry Tate commercials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzToNo7A-94

14. Been arrested once for disturbing the peace, resisting arrest and striking an officer(which was dropped) long story let's just say one officer felt guilty about what happened.

Sounds like my Bacholer party.... but mine was public intox, resisting arrest and striking a police officer... I was told he pushed me against the wall and I came off swinging and had him on the ground beating the crap out of him (see public intox, not 1 of my proudest moments) I ended up face down with mag light bumps all over my head and body....

southpawP8NTR

Sounds like my Bacholer party.... but mine was public intox, resisting arrest and striking a police officer... I was told he pushed me against the wall and I came off swinging and had him on the ground beating the crap out of him (see public intox, not 1 of my proudest moments) I ended up face down with mag light bumps all over my head and body....[/quote]

They tackled me twice with my hands cuffed, one of them was huge and that was when I quit resisting and resided to the fact that I was done. Early twenties were a b!%*h for me...glad I'm older now!

TheSnowman

27: When I was 19, I beat a girl so badly she required stitches. We were at a public event and she started to verbally harass my older brother, who had done nothing and was trying to ignore her. I threw a pitcher of beer on her to shut her up, and it kinda snowballed. She tore off my glasses and tramped on them, and I beat her with the plastic beer pitcher until it broke and then beat her with the handle. It had to be pried out of my hand. I am 5'1½", she is 6' and was the school bully, two years older than me.
You had to be there I guess, but everyone was glad I did it and people still tease me about it. It takes a lot to get me that mad.

Oh man Jill. I laughed the whole time I read this! I had a visual in my head, and it was so great! Good job beatin' up the HS bully!

Also, it amazes me how many problems people have had w/ people, and law enforcement due to drugs and alcohol, and there is still some people who think it's the best stuff in the world, yet, they aren't in their right mind enough to even remember what happened. I'm glad I haven't ever touched the stuff hearing the stories on here. I'm glad that lots of people see the mistakes now too though, and hopefully help their kids avoid all the problems they had.