• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

25 Random Facts About YOU!

3dsignco

Wasn't tagged but... Anyhoo.
1. Was adopted
2. Was born in Brooklyn. Lived on Long Island, Phoenix 10yrs, Nebraska, and Colorado
3. Divorced Once.
4. The only reason my Current wife dated me to start was I can touch my nose with my tongue.
5. I tried to be a professional Drag Racer. (Didn't work out too well)
6. Was a weekend warrior. US Army. (Interfered with my Racing Career. :) )
7. Have lived on my own since 16.
8. Almost went to Prison for Counterfeiting.
9. Was a Coke, Heroine Addict. Been Clean 16 years.
10. Have a degrees in Commercial Photography, Electrical engineering and Drafting.
11. Collect and Sell Muscle cars. Only have one right now. A 1 owner 69 Mach that my wife's Dad bought in new in 69. Restore project.
12. Am a Computer Gaming Junking.
13.Trying to Brew my on Beer. Dark Irish stout.
14. Can't Freehand a stick figure and make it look right.
15. Started Playing Trumpet in the 1st Grade.
16. Can read Music but can't play by ear.
17. Have 2 great Kids.
18. My daughter just finished Medical school.
19. I use to build and design Model Tank Kits.. (Plastic and Resin)
20. Love to Ski and Paintball
21. I still try to ride Mountain Bikes.. (Kinda a Whale on wheels)
22. Love Sci FI
23. Like to cook.
24. Got to Fly in a Fighter Jet (French Trainer)
25. Certified Scuba Diver.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I showed them how to ride english :Big Laugh I have quite a few champion ribbons, but horses take patience and I have severe ADHD...

Riding is riding and horses is horses regardless of what flavor of tack you choose to affect. One does not ride English, or Western, or whatever. One simply rides.

Mikeifg

Not tageed but here it goes.

1. 1 of 5 Boys 1/2 of the first set of twins.
2. Married once/ Divorced once
3. Favorite car is my 68 firebird, I've had alot of early Trans ams love em.
4. have a 4 yr old daughter that I love going home to everyday.
5. I stole Ronald Mcdonald once in my small hometown McD's
6. Just swore off soda pop.
7. played 1 yr college football big 10
8. every girl I have ever gone out with's name has ended in a "Y"
9. HUGE Clint Eastwood Fan
10. UFC Rocks
11. Just turned 36 and look 22 Thank God. My twin looks 36
12. Still have my hair for now and my twin bro is bald
13. Once shot a ground squirl and felt bad for a week.
14. hate ass kissers
15. don't drink maybe a beer every now and then
16. believe in ufo's
17. when I shop it's to get what I need I hate wondering around looking, I get bored.
18. First job was also at Taco Bell.
19. I'm watching the Good Bad and the Ugly right now.
20. I don't drive around the parking lot looking for a good spot.
21. I used to fly but don't anymore no way..
22. kinda shy
23. still looking to win the lottery
24. was almost knife attacked in Mexico once.
25. Don't smoke and can't stand that my girlfriend does, but knew it when I met her hope she'll quit one day.

RebeckaR

Hard to narrow it down...

1. I have 1 sister and 4 brothers, 4 stepsisters and 1 stepbrother.
2. We all lived together in a house with only 1 bathroom.
3. I grew up at a salvage yard. It was a home based business that my family still owns and operates after 40 years.
4. When I was a kid, we vacationed in a converted school bus.
5. At 21 I moved to Las Vegas and worked for an artist printing his etchings.
6. Went to have business cards printed for my seamstress business, the gal waiting on me was wearing an airbrushed T-shirt. I went directly to the art supply store, bought an airbrush and it was magic. Never did open the sewing business.
7. Learned in my 20s that people will pay you much more for sign work than for your paintings.
8. Married for 13 years, been single for 8 years now.
9. Have 2 dogs and a cat
10. I despise people who don't take care of their pets and abandon them for others to deal with.
11. Learned to play guitar from my dad. When my family gets together, it's a big jam session.
12. Sang for several years with a women's barbershop group.
13. I don't have any children, but think my nieces and nephews are the stuff. They like me too.
14. My best friend from high school is still my best friend.
15. I believe in the Law of Attraction and personal responsibility.
16. I'm a blog-aholic. I currently have four blogs, both business related and personal.
17. I like really good coffee. I drink a lot of coffee.
18. I eat at the Mexican restaurant next door every Tuesday. Yep... today is Tuesday. I'll be next door.
19. I've never been arrested. I'm the friend (idiot) who bails you out.
20. My parents are still living, but getting old and I hate that.
21. I spent one night of my honeymoon riding on the coupling between railroad cars in Mexico. That whole trip was an adventure. I'd do it again fer sure.
22. I love working with the computer. Control-z is my friend.
23. I love learning to do new stuff. Currently web page and blog design.
24. Eventually want to sell my vector and digital art.
25. My goal is to work completely from the internet so that I can travel and live anywhere I want and still make my living.

njsigns

1. I'm the oldest of 3 children - my brother is a cop and my sister is a nurse - I've always been the "outlaw" of the family

2. I'm engaged to a girl I dated in High School - but we haven't been together since then - we'll be married in October 2009

3. My Mother was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis when I was 12, which has made me a pretty compassionate person

4. My fiancée has had 14 major knee surgeries in the past 4 years including a total knee replacement - she currently has a stimulator in her back to combat the RSD she developed - all this over a dislocated knee cap - it's been very hard with many complications along the way

5. I was in a successful Death Metal band in high school - we opened for many national acts locally and usually sold more tickets than the headlining act, there was major label interest - but it ultimately went nowhere

6. I've been to 5 colleges and hold no degree - I've gone to school for industrial design (with a minor in graphic design), web development and business programming, music theory and music business

7. I was kicked out of web development school for continuously challenging the teachers knowledge and ability to teach the class

8. I was accepted to NJIT despite being kicked out of school for reasons stated above - and was able to enroll in advanced classes with students in their 4th year of their degree - the students there didn't like that

9. By my senior year in high school I had taken all the art classes they offered and I was granted 2 periods of "independent study" - so I put stained glass windows in the art rooms.

10. Contrary to common belief (really thinking of Jill here) I'm not an "old codger" but I did infact just turn 33

11. I have felt my birthday has been "overshadowed" by Christmas as long as I can remember - yes it's the 24th of Dec. - I got" jipped" quite often growing up by relatives that "forgot" my birthday

12. I have played in many bands throughout my life and can play guitar, bass, piano (although not well anymore) and drums, but most times I have been the frontman - I love to sing

13. I pride myself on my ability to build and fix computers

14. I've met many famous musicians in strange places - they include Marilyn Manson, Lou Reed, Glenn Benton, Anthony Keidis and many others - I guess being a "scenester" has paid off - I am friends with the Misfits (they are local) and I used to work out with 2 of them

15. I am currently working with 2 companies who will be "national" in the upcoming year. One sells high end "Biker and Rock n' Roll" jewelry (think of what Bret Michaels wears) and the other is a new hockey game which has official NHL backing - I'm thankful for these opportunities

16. I have been to well over 400 concerts

17. I can listen to Vital Remains or Slayer one minute and then Blind Melon or U2 the next - I love music - Weird Al is a favorite of mine!

18. I'm a "workaholic" and sleep 4-6 hours max a night - usually sometime after 3 am

19. I love coffee, dark chocolate, red meat and cigarettes (I started smoking at age 11)

20. I was a tattoo artist and body piercer for several years - there are countless people in Philly and NY who have my handwriting and designs tattooed on them - I've designed quite a bit of tattoo flash

21. I've been doing what I do now (sign making / logo design / business branding) longer than most of my many other jobs combined. I love what I do - even through the rough times!

22. I've been asked on more than one occassion to join a motorcycle club despite the fact that I don't ride or own a bike

23. I like to fight and considered doing it for a living when I was younger

24. I love LOST and Jeopardy

25. I have an unrealstic fear (phobia) of cutting my fingers off, and I use extreme caution while using power tools...

Gene

tagged...
parkedcar
Dan Antonelli
Mike Paul
neato
Checkers

MariaMartini

25 more :p

26. I have never broken a bone.
27. I have 4 jobs. Five if you include being a mommy!
28. I am allergic to Red 40 (food coloring).
29. I am related to Louis or Clark. I don't remember which one. I think Louis.
30. I met my husband on an adult dating site. He is the only person who seemed normal enough to meet.
31. Most people think we met at the college library. Which is kind of true because I was on my laptop in the library the first time we chatted.
32. I am the oldest of 8 (one full-brother, one half-sister, one step-sister, and four step brothers).
33. My little brother constantly amazes me by all of his various talents (painting, acting, singing, movie-making, etc).
34. I like to think I helped make my little brother the wonderful person he is today!
35. My step-sister and two of my step-brothers were adopted by my step-dad and his ex-wife when their biological father murdered their biological mother.
36. In my lifetime I have lived in 3 different houses, 3 different apartments, and 2 different dorm rooms.
37. The 2 dorm rooms and 3 apartments were over a span of 3 years (college).
38. I often feel like a failure, but I am only 23 so I have plenty of time to turn that around.
39. I was a straight A student in prestigious high school, but my new found freedom in college turned me into a slacker :( I stayed up until I couldn't stay up any longer and then I would sleep through class.
40. I got hired to work in the Target photo lab the other day, but I don't think I am going to take the job because I wouldn't have enough time to make signs.
41. Instead, I should spend that time marketing my business. Then I wouldn't need the additional part-time job.
42. I am really proud that I started this thread and have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's responses.
41. I think you'all have led some amazing lives and I think mine pales in comparison.
42. My first three jobs were at the mall serving dessert (The Cookie Factory, Godiva Chocolates, Marble Slab).
43. I want to go to Japan.
44. I have a really good sense of direction.
45. I get really proud of myself when I fix something on my own, even if it really wasn't that difficult.
46. I don't know how to handle death. I don't know what I will do when somebody extremely close to me dies.
47. I used to hate TV and would make fun of people who "sat on their asses" in front of it, but with the combination of having to stay home with a baby and getting a TiVo for my birthday, I have began to really enjoy watching television shows. Only on the TiVo though, can't stand watching commercials anymore.
48. I am glad my husband doesn't like sports on TV but I wish he didn't like online gaming so much.
49. My son is crawling under my feet right now.
50. I have two cats named Magnolia and Sebastian.

ndemond

1. 3 sisters - 3 brothers i am in the middle
2. 4 children 28-18 they are my greatest accomplishment.
3. Married 29 years to the love of my life.
4. The love of my life picked me up in a bar at 18.
5 Live on a 25 acres in the middle of Gods Country (Godfrey, IL)
6. Husbands been in the sign busness since he was old enough to pick up a brush.
7. I joined him in 1994 after the kids got in school.
8. Played competitive softball till the age of 50, and quit when I hit into my first double play.
9. I hate to lose.
10. I can drive a golf ball 200+ but after that I stink
11. I have a 22 handicap in golf.
12. Never turn down a bottle of cold Coors Lite.
13. Oldest daughter lives in the Virgin Islands.
14. Youngest went off to college this year.
15. My father taught me to throw a softball, he was my hero.
16. 2 brothers fought in Viet Nam-Dad in the Pacific
17. All four grandparents immigrated in the late 1800's from Sicily.
18 I do not have a bad temper but hurt someone I love and feel my wrath.
19. Went to parochial schools for 12 years
20. Trashy novels and a warm blanket are my pass time in the evening.
21. Broke my front tooth go-go dancing on a chair. (Hullaballoo?)
22. Have a degree in dental assisting-sold fresh vegtables-sold peanuts at Bush Stadium.
24. I live for Cardinal Baseball and have had season tickets for 20 years.
25. I always wanted to grow old slowly and gracefully, and at 52 it is getting harder to do so.

Nancy

TheProfessor

Riding is riding and horses is horses regardless of what flavor of tack you choose to affect. One does not ride English, or Western, or whatever. One simply rides.

let me edit myself... I used to show english... english and western are way way different for showing of horses... but enough horsey talk...

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
let me edit myself... I used to show english... english and western are way way different for showing of horses... but enough horsey talk...

Vis-a-vis riding, while you may do different things in different events, if you do the same thing differently then you are probably doing it wrong in one or the other or both.

There's never enough horsey talk.

Doyle

1. I'm 26 married to my high school sweetheart
2. We have 3 children (boy-5 girl-3 boy-5mo.)
3. I have owned/operated my sign business since it was given to me by my father when I was 21.
4. I SUCK at running a business, but LOVE designing/making signs
5. I bought my house when I was 20 and aspire to someday invest in real estate
6. I graduated highschool with honors (3.8gpa)
7. I only attended 1 semester of college
8. My first job was washing dishes at a mexican restaurant
9. I was born into a very musical family and can play lots of different instruments, but guitar is my main thing, have been in a band since age 12.
10. I am a metalhead, though I have deep appreciation for many types of music (no rap)
11. I am addicted to my blackberry
12. I have been a smoker since age 14
13. I am not a daily/heavy drinker, but love to go out and get drunk once in a while
14. I dislike every wine that I have ever tasted
15. I have been skydiving once, but since having children, have decided I will not go again until they are adults
16. I am fascinated with foreign culture, and would love to travel the world
17. I absolutely hate cold and snow and live in Michigan
18. My shop is an utter mess, but like for my house to be clean and tidy
19. I am not a fighter, and don't necessarily like confrontation either
20. I have never spent the night in jail or in a hospital
21. I have never broken a bone in my body
22. I get sick at the sight of blood
23. I hate needles, but have one tattoo that almost made me throw up
24. My wife is a stay at home mom and is the most incredible mother I have ever met
25. My wedding was on the news because we had a huge storm the previous 2 nights that left the entire area without electricity for days, our reception was powered by generators and my wife and mother-in-law were interviewed

gabagoo

My turn

1) Was born May 29,1957

2) the youngest of two children ( I have a sister 4 years older who is my office manager)

3) My mom died of breast cancer when I was 7

4) My dad died of a massive heart attack while oh holiday in Freeport Bahamas when I was 24

5) I have a Marketing Administration Diploma which is still in the manilla envelope I received it in....needless to say I never endeavoured a career in traditional marketing

6) I used to drive a truck for Canada Post and was a letter carrier before starting my biz

7) I love golfing, as much as possible!!!! I live , eat, breath golf!!!

8) I will have been married to the same beautiful woman for 25 years,come April 8...we going to Vegas to celebrate

9) I have one son...17 Jamie who is a fantastic Kid and drummer

10) I have a german sheppard border collie mix dog, Toby and a tabby named oliver

11) I have had 3 businesses, yet never went bankrupt (partner issues)

12) My wife says I am a glass half empty guy

13) did I say I love golf?

14) I very much dislike winter although I love taking the dogfor long walks in the cold

15) I can write an episode for Seinfeld from my masterbation sesions in doctors offices while trying to get my wife pregnant

16) I love Flight of the Conchords / Entourage / Dexter / The Golf Channel

17) I like gardening and cutting the grass with an Ipod on

18) I design golf courses for Tiger Woods PC golf game.. obsessed!!!

19) I love to make a good chicken curry

20) My wife brings me toast and coffee in bed every weekday morning ( everyone I tell this to cant believe it, its true!!!

21) I love driving to work every morning, it's only once I get there that the BS can start to fly

22) I really miss not golfing :(

23) I love BBQing in the summer with a bottle of beer and relaxing afterwards in the hot tub

24) I am a very easy to get along with person for the most part

25) I am afraid of dying and leaving my wife and son without me

Letterbox Mike

How can you stand to eat toast in bed??? Don't you get crumbs everywhere? That gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it!

Pat Whatley

22) I really miss not golfing :(

25) I am afraid of dying and leaving my wife and son without me

Meaning you really hate that you have to golf now? Man, I go "not golfing" everyday and have been so much happier (and wealthier) since I quit going. :ROFLMAO:

As far as dying NEVER tell a life insurance salesman what you said there...he'll be drooling while he's writing the policy.

gabagoo

I really should not have put down #25 like that, it was more an emotion I am feeling of late as one of my employees has quit I think, and I am left to do all the work for now. The stress is making me wonder if I should go see a doctor!!!!!!