• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

25 Random Facts About YOU!

1. Oldest of 5 Boys.
2. Played football (1 platoon Half-Back and Safety) and Baseball in High School.
3. Hitched hiked to Memphis, Tn after high school and tried out for the St. Louis Cardinals. Got a contract and bus ticket to Fla. Played part of season in Fla and then sent to El Paso for remainder of year. Trade to White Sox and sent to Indianapolis and got to play in the minor leauge World Series and the minor league All-Star game.
4. Drafted into the military and sent to Viet Nam. Wounded in the Tet Offensive ended my baseball career and nearly my life.
5. Went back to school and got degree.
6. Married my sweetheart and 40 years later still together.
7. Four children, two girls and two boys. A cardiologist, A college professor, A football coach and an attorney.
8. Never smoke or drink alcohol.
9. Attend church reguarly and believe Jesus is coming again.
10. Favorite food-Fried Chicken.
11. Favorite movie-Second Hand Lions.
12. Favorite T.V. show-How Its Made.
13. Favorite Songs-Old Hippie and Put Me in Coach.
14. Favorite Author-John Grisham.
15. Love my 6 grandchildren and love to have them with me.
16. Favorite Team-Mississippi State Bulldogs.
17. Live in same town where raised.
18. Can gut and clean a deer, skin a catfish, run a chain saw and plow a mule or tractor.
19. Favorite car-My 55 chevy 2 door hardtop.
20. Love to ride bikes and own 4 favorite my Indian.
21. Would love to go on a bus trip up the Alaskan HIghway.
22. My Dad and Mom both deceased and miss them very much.
23. Brother closest to me in age brutally murdered and no caught or charged.
24. Favorite color - Black.
25. If had it to do over probaly be the same its been a blast.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
A. Born a twin under the sign of Gemini on fathers day, my initials are DAD.
B. One of 9 children, My twin sister passed away 9 years ago.
C. After 21 years of drinking, 2 DWI’s, 10 months in confinement – I quit drinking on my 40th birthday and haven’t looked back.
D. I have 2 boys, 4 & 8, and believe you haven’t lived until you’ve had babies.
E. I believe there is nothing I can’t do – a true jack of all – master of none…
F. I can’t work for anybody and never will…. See above…
G. I loved basic training and would do it again and again…
H. I don’t get sad at funerals.
I. I am the eternal optimist, I tend not to get down or depressed – but thinking about the universe – it’s beginning, end or even edge of it can phuck up my head.
J. One of my favorite movies is Groundhog Day, I’ve seen parts of it over 25 times but have never seen it from beginning to end.
K. I believe in multiple, other dimensions.
L. I’ve been in 2 head on crashes without seatbelts and didn’t get a scratch.
M. The only bone I ever broke was my skull, I fractured it in a bike accident. I had a headache for 4 months and didn’t take any medication to punish myself for doing something really stupid.
N. I have REALLY thick hair and would rather be bald.
O. When shit hits the fan, you want me on your side.
P. I watch too much TV.
Q. I love building/making anything.
R. I am impatient.
S. Me and my brother both own signs shops and they are only 13 miles apart.
T. I grind my teeth.
U. I believe humans are supposed to eat meat and lots of it.
V. I am a hardcore Buffalo Bills fan.
W. I find it hard writing about myself, a fact I just learned…
X. I have a fingernail clipper on my keychain because I get extremely compulsive when my nails get to a unexceptable length.
Y. I cannot summon the will power to write the last one….

tag:
KR3signguy
Marlene
BorderPatrol
fenris242
OneUpTenn

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
1. Middle child with an older sister and younger brother
2. Don't own a watch, alarm clock or cell phone
3. Hate onions - love hot peppers
4. Addicted to coffee and 3D graphics/animation software
5. Retired E8 - Master Sergeant
6. Can't spell to save my life
7. One marriage - going on 20 years
8. 3 sons a dog & hamster
9. Cut text & graphics out of vinyl with an xacto long before the first plotters came out
10. Have no onboard artistic ability but have been able to convince others I do.
11. Brought in the first cutting system to the island - 15" HI plotter, 8086 pc with a monochrome (amber) monitor
12. Have not missed a chance to vote since registered at 18
13. Good at figuring out technical software but can't remember my home phone number half the time.
14. Tend to vote republican but think both parties are equally bad for the country in the end
15. Don't follow sports, except Soccer - two sons play.
17. Spent a week out on the open ocean as part of the trainee crew of a Japanese sailing ship (120ft. main mast).
18. Read a good deal of mind rotting science fiction & some of the classics
19. No tattoos - fine for guys, don't care for them on women.
20. Tend to trust people at their word every time even when I know I shouldn't
21. Enjoy music but listen to local and national talk radio 95% of the time
22. Can't sing or dance
23. Southpaw
24.Currently reading the Koran due to some of the threads on the NHB forum.
25. Not sure about putting up personal info on the web....

The people I want to see tagged already have been.

wayne k
guam usa

weaselboogie

1.I've been to 45 states
2.My wife thinks that I'm lucky, but I routinely tell her that I make educated guesses.
3.I've illustrated 3 books that have been published
4.I'm a tough love advocate
5. I was voted 'most artistic' and 'funniest laugh' in high school
6.I have been teaching a workshop to 5th graders on basic illustration for the past 10 years
7.My son thinks that I am just way too silly sometimes and he's 4
8.I spend way too much time here
9.I once got busted for almost having sex on a beach in cancun by security and the only reason they let me go was because they couldnt understand German.
10.I put my car in the ditch today.
11.I'm worried that I won't be able to give my kids the opportunities and experiences that my parents did.
12.I'm pretty handy. I'll tackle anything without experience and generally come out pretty well.
13.Some kid told me in elementary school that tarantulas lay eggs IN the last inch of bananas. I now know that's not true, but to this day, I still cannot finish that part of the banana.
14. I hate sports
15. My shop is walking distance from my house just so I can be closer to my kids.
16. I feel a bit egotistical trying to come up with my list
17. I think sometimes I sabotage myself by making things harder than they need to be.
18. I hate professional victims
19. I think I suck at business
20. I only read instructions if I get stuck
21. I enjoy the process more than the destination.
22. My worst flaw is time management. I never think things should take as long as they do.
23. I'll try any kind of food and never order the same thing at a restaurant.
24. I can unhook a bra with one hand
25. I think Andy Warhol was a con artist.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
weasle,

i've said #2 many times myself.

i never knew that about bananas, but also have problems with that last bite....

Marlene

1. I love animals
2. I have always lived in Vermont
3. I can't swim
4. I hate Brush Scrip
5. I've been married twice
6. I have one child
7. I was the tallest kid in class up to the six grade
8. I am a natural blond
9. I am both left and right handed
10. I am a Guiness World Book Of Records holder
11. My favorite holiday is Halloween
12. I was married in the winter outside on a bridge
13. I'm terrible with money
14. I feed feral cats in my neighborhood
15. I had a near death/outter body experience when I was 3
16. I hate sprots execpt hockey and curling
17. black is my favorite color
18. I used to have pet frogs given to me by Nuns who worked in a lab
19. I had a pet skunk
20. I used to belly dance
21. I fear high places
22. I love Maine
23. I married a Canadian
24. I can drive a stick shift
25. I wanted to be a writer when I was a kid

tag
Flame
Dan Striker
becky s
colin
shovelhead

Marlene

largest gathering all carving traditional Jack-o-lanterns in one place. the record was started in Manchester, Vt and we've been a part of it from the start 3 years ago.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

1. My wife always complained that every time she was pregnant I would start flying airplanes again and keep her worried to death.
2. when I was younger I was always told I looked like Paul McCartney.
3. I just ended a 14 year stint as an electric bass player in an orchestra.
4. In addition to the bass, I used to be a lightning fast bluegrass guitar flarpicker.
5. I'm adept at pinstriping and have a goal to pinstripe a jet aircraft.
6. I'm considering legally changing my name to Arlo Kalon.
7. I've had 14 major surgeries on my intestines and like bob, always feared a colostomy. Haven't had one yet and I still shit normally after all this.
8. I was 3rd guy in Dallas/Fort Worth area to buy a Signmaker and was a genius on a digitizing tablet.
9. My wife is 7 years younger than me.
10. I am on testosterone therapy that has given me back sexual prowess I had in my early 20's.
11. I need to find a mistress in her early 20's.
12. All 3 of my kids were in the Gifted and Talented program all through school years.
13. I'm dreading the empty nest when my youngest child, only daughter, graduates and becomes my 3rd child in college.
14. My health issues have caused me to declare personal bankruptcy twice in 18 years.
15. My personal credit is currently excellent.
16. I'm the oldest of four sibling and the only one who isn't diabetic. A younger brother died two years ago from diabetic complications at age 47.
17. I'm pissed Clint Eastwood was snubbed for any award nominations for Gran Torino.
18. I'm into physical fitness although you can't tell it by looking at me - yet.
19. With all the abdominal surgeries, my six pack is gonna be more like an eighteen pack.
20. Favorite music is mostly 70's rock and anything Emmylou Harris.
21. I was once in a restroom with Greg Allman and watched him snort longest line of crank ever. I thought he OD'd.
22. I've been a cocaine addict.
23. I believe bob is most entertaining/intelligent poster on signs 101. I can't wait to meet him F2F.
24. I'm thoroughly pissed computers ruined (or at least seriously curtailed) a trade I thoroughly loved - sign painting.
25. I completely believe I am going to win a lottery twice.

Tags: Cadmn and SteveC

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Should have put this instead of #11. I have a raging OCD. I count ALL the time in my head. Usually involves mutliplying by 4. Everywhere I look I see 4's. Four corners to a wall, window, ceiling tile, pages of a book, computer monitor, concrete sections of sidewalk, doors. Also rapidly count what could best be described as nodes of words I see on tv commercials. Been doing it for years with no known cure. I mentally count when people are talking to me. I ask people to repeat what they've said a lot.

Border

1. My name is Doug. I'm the youngest of 7 kids, 4 boys, 3 girls.
2. I have an older brother who has Cerebral Palsy due to complications at birth. He has accomplished more than most people who have no disabilities.
3. I'm picky about spelling and punctuation.
4. I can build, wire, plumb or repair just about anything and I've done lots of all of it.
5. I was a high-end collision repair and paint tech before I got into signs & graphics.
6. I painted the "Budweiser Snow King" drag sled, which took the world speed record on ice right after I painted it.
7. I love scuba diving. I've dove in places like the Great Blue Hole off the coast of Belize and the underground BonneTerre Mines in Missouri and many places in between.
8. I did a free dive to 90 feet once and thought I was going to die for sure. That wasn't very smart and the dive master let me know about it!
9. I have a 17 year old daughter whom I share joint custody of.
10. I recently found out I have (most likely) an amazing 21 year old son who has no idea I even exist. I hope to change that soon and that it goes well.
11. I had a pet monkey named Charlie when I was young. He used to ride around the neighborhood on the handlebars of my bike, or in the basket of my sister's bike.
12. I never spanked my monkey! -at least not Charlie anyways....
13. My mom died from breast cancer when I was 9, my dad from a stroke when I was 31.
14. I'm a keyboard player in a rock band called...."BORDER PATROL".
15. I wrote this song. My girlfriend is singing the vocals. I recorded it at home but would like to do it professionally one day.
16. I have never spent a night in a hospital but probably should have.
17. I'm 6' 3" and weigh about 205-210 lbs.
18. I spend too much time on 101 when I should be working to make money!
19. I can't stand anyone who hides behind, or does something bad, in the name of religion.
20. If I say I will do something, I do it. My word is gold, trust is everything.
21. Years ago, I broke up with a beautiful girl who was diagnosed with Leukemia shortly after and died at the age of 30. She was heartbroken and I still feel bad about that to this day.
22. Being disciplined in business is my weakest point. I'm more of a hands-on creator.
23. I have jumped off a 100 foot cliff into water.
24. I have fallen off a 40 foot cliff onto rock (actually, I was PULLED off by someone else who fell and then they landed on top of me).
25. I want to leave a mark...I have a small fear of being forgotten once I am gone.

Tagged:
Dave Drane
Gene@MPLS
VectorDoctor
Sign-Man Signs
BigDawg

Attachments

• Ronda-ForeverYoung.jpg
    Ronda-ForeverYoung.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 117
  • Budweiser-Snow-King.jpg
    Budweiser-Snow-King.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 117
  • BudSled-PaintedBy.jpg
    BudSled-PaintedBy.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 121
  • Charlie on handlebars.jpg
    Charlie on handlebars.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 103

Bigdawg

Just Me
Already tagged (post #3) but i'll add to it that I'm the oldest of 3 girls and we are all spaced 1.5 yrs apart...

High Octane

1. I drink too much
2. I have a 2 year old son
3. I'm a metal head...(80's glam mostly)
4. I try to play the guitar...currently have 16 guitars but I suck
5. I golf, bowl and play basketball
6. I probably go to 75 concerts a year.
7. I have no brothers or sisters
8. Born in Flint, MI
9. I have a huge hang up on ghosts and belong to a paranormal investigation group.
10. I have a golden retriever and one of them fancy cats with a smashed looking face.
11. I am a bowhunter
12. Favorit color is black
13. Favorite tv show is "My Name Is Earl"
14. I'm a huge Detroit Pistons fan....rough year for that
15. I love Hooters both the food and body parts
16. I'm not tall or short...just average 5'11"
17. Started my shop out of my garage
18. Had some of my shirts on E True Hollywood story rock star wives the other day.
19. I swear like a sailor
20. Never been married...have no interest either...same girlfriend for 12 yrs. though
21. I hate snakes
22. I live in Michigan but hate snow and cold...go figure
23. Love fishing
24. I hate to read...
25. Got a degree from Ferris State University in graphic design

ChiknNutz

1) I am an only child and thought it sucked.
2) We have 3 kids because of #1.
3) Before I had kids, I thought I'd be a really great Dad.
4) I don't think organs or odd body parts should be eaten.
5) I played Baseball every year from 8-18, wrestled first two years of HS and football senior year.
6) I don't like to watch professional sports, except X-Games.
7) I am a pretty good shot with most types of guns.
8) I like 80's rock best.
9) I have a strong attraction to pens that write nice.
10) I have a 4-yr degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology, wish I could've afforded MIT.
11) I have worked in Aerospace for most of my adult life.
12) I have a strong aversion the commercial aircraft industry.
13) I want to live in a tropical place, grow a pony tail, wear flip-flops and a shirt with a parrot on it.
14) I was born and raised in Wenatchee, Washington and would like to live there again if #13 doesn't work out.
15) I am a brown belt in Tae Kwon Do.
16) I have a Ventricular Septal Defect. My Grandma discovered it when I was a few mos. old. The doctors at Children's Hospital said I would live a short life and not be able to do much.
17) I've never stayed overnight in jail or a hospital (that I know of ;-)
18) I'm good at lots of stuff, but not great at anything.
19) My favorite foods are Mongolian Grill, Mexican and gooey hamburgers from one-off places.
20) I used to play raquetball a lot and rarely lost.
21) I have a strong aversion to computers and things that are computerized because they always seem to need fixing.
22) I got my first dirt bike when I was 7...a 5-speed Suzuki RM-50 and it hauled ass! I still love riding bikes and ATVs.
23) I won the school Spelling Bee in 6th grade.
24) I can burp at will.
25) I look forward to meeting Jesus.

slappy

1. I always flip through magazines starting at the last page.
2. I went to modeling school but never pursued it
3. I'm an only child
4. I drove to Key West for spring break
5. I love cutting thumb holes in my hoodies
6. I use to peg my pants in elementary school
7. I started smoking cigarettes before i started driving
8. I was born and remain in PA
9. I hate and won't wear foundation makeup
10. I love crab legs
11. I can shot and hit targets with a gun/rifle (even the occasional clay)
12. I love four wheeling and getting muddy
13. I've tubed non stop behind a boat for almost 30 miles (from Kinzue to New York state line)
14. I 6' tall
15. I actually enjoy fishing
16. The last good book i read was "A million little pieces"
17. I'm not tickelish
18. I've hit a buck and killed it with my car and cried
19. I broke my nose on my friends head
20. I had my drivers license suspended for 90 days
21. I had stitches on 4 different areas of my body
22. My tongue and belly button is pierced but i no longer wear the jewelery
23. I got my drivers license when I was 18
24. I won $1000 on a slot machine after making a wish to my deceased grandmother
25. I don't know who to tag:help

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
1. Youngest and only girl...having one blood brother and four step brothers
2. Have two wonderful children - Zach (6) and Kaylee (3)
3. Am a true Scorpio...down to the core!
4. Have a very dry sense of humor which usually gets me into a lot of trouble
5. Have always been a tomboy, and of course, I get blessed with the fancy, girly-girl daughter
6. I'm a huge gamer...except for sports games....my brothers have never beat me in a fight 'em up game
7. Have a sincere HATRED for football...and unfortunately, I'm married to the biggest Eagles fan there is.....(he didn't much like the "haha" I said after last weeks game)
8. Love cooking...in fact its probably my one of my favorite things to do
9. Am in the middle of writing my first novel...of which i hope to have out to publishing houses by the end of this year
10. Have an insane obsession with mythology, fantastical creatures (especially dragons), and the supernatural
11. Have been an on-again-off-again smoker for about ten years now
12. Vodka is my drink of choice
13. Am known for invading my brothers house (even though there are four additional children there) just so i can have a intelligent conversation, since arguing with a six year old doesn't go very far
14. Am finding listing 25 things to be very hard
15. Have been an avid reader all my life and an avid writer since sixth grade
16. Wear a chain wallet with a double chain (one that my dad gave me) even though i get heat from my husband about it every day
17. Always have a bandanna around (usually on my head cause I'm too lazy to do my hair in the morning)
18. Have never been an excellent drawer...but i can explain the picture in my head with vivid detail
19. Currently have three tattoos (dragon, spiral with flames and grand parents dedication), and am planning on at least three more
20. Am able to avoid checkmate when down to only a king for at least ten turns
21. Have never broken, sprained or needed stitches anywhere on my body
22. Do all the photo-editing for my family (which included manipulating a couple images to have my niece standing next to a pony, in a castle, in her princess dress....)
23. Am lucky enough to have the GREATEST parents ever (they even bought me my first tattoo for my eighteenth birthday)
24. Have a wonderful chocolate lab named Logan
25. Finally! Almost done! I have been known to finish entire books in one sitting...depending on the book and the amount of "quite time" i'm able to get from the kids and husband

wannabe

1. First born of 5 girls, hence the name "Charli". Was supposed to be Charles Michael but showed up as Charli Margarete.
2. I've loved to draw for as long as I can remember and took all the art classes available throughout school.
3. Two years of college at age 40 at East Texas Baptist University to major in art until they dropped the art program in lieu of a football team. I have a resentment.
4. Will be 54 this year with a 36 yr old son, 34 yr old daughter, 21 yr old step daughter, and 19 yr old step son.
5. I have 5 beautiful grandchildren from ages 3 to 17 yrs. To quote a bumper sticker, "If I had known grandkids were so great I woulda had them first!"
6. In 1983 I found myself suddenly a single mom with no job and no running car. I grabbed a scrap of plywood and a paintbrush and painted the word," SIGNS" and nailed it to two 2x4's and put it in the front yard. I am a sign painter by an act of desperation. Since, bought many books and studied and practiced a lot!
7. I love Halloween because of creating costumes.
8. I love building Christmas Floats for parades even on boats in Uncertain, Texas where I still have two lake cabins and lived for 21 years.
9. Joined an online dating service and met my husband of 5 years now and he's still a keeper. Hope he thinks the same of me.
10. Can and have driven a tractor-trailer rig for several years as well as a forklift, boat, motorcycles, oh and I own my own bucket truck. (42')
11. I'm a good shot with a pistol, rifle, a recurve bow, paintball, and sawed off a 20guage shotgun (legal limit) and refinished the stock with carved ribbons and bows. My son, the cop, says I have a sissy sawed off shotgun. I think that's an oxy-moron.
12. Favorite fishing methods are tight-line and jug because my favorite fish to eat is catfish. I can skin 'em, gut 'em, fry 'em, bake 'em, grill 'em, and steak 'em but would just rather catch 'em and release 'em or give 'em away than to go to all the trouble.
13. I love gardening of any kind even with the pond liners for water gardening.
14. The art of illusion (trompe l'oeil) is my favorite artwork. Wish I was better at it.
15. Was installing a can sign face 2 years ago after having the power turned on to check if it worked, I inadvertently touched a bare spot on a wire. Knocked me out and off the roof and onto an awning below. My employee was in the bucket of the truck and retrieved my limp dumba$$ and I merely had a broken rib. Whew!
16. I have had two tattoos of the same thing in the same place twenty years apart. I have my eyeliner tattooed top and bottom lids! Greatest time saver.
17. I love RPG's. My oldest favorite is Diablo, D2, the expansion, and NOW D3 IS IN THE MAKING!! I CAN'T WAIT!
18. My favorite shows are 24, Chuck, Heroes, Saving Grace, Medium, Fringe, ...ummm I watch entirely too much tv.
19. The only thing I've ever won in my life was last week!!
20. I am the first licensed strolling musician in Shreveport, Louisiana. I play guitar. I once opened for Joel Sonnier and Charlie Rich JR. in Texarkana.
21. I have a slight tremor in my head and hands that gets more noticeable under stress or fatigue. I tell anyone looking that I'm doing my Katherine Hepburn impersonation.
22. I was born one of the 5% of the world's population that is naturally redheaded. My Dad used to tell me after being in the summer sun that I looked like I swallowed a hundred dollar bill and broke out in pennies.
23. I am a member of a 12 step program since '91. Finally did a smart thing.
24. I hated turning 30 but 40 and 50 were no biggies and I wouldn't go back!
25. My best friend of 14 years passed away a couple years ago, a Lhasa Apso named Killer, I still miss him.

Perry Pagan is tagged

Techman

nutin special just these few details

1. Oldest of 5,
2 loved life in daytona beach as a teen and 20'ser
3 piloted aircraft and finally managed a part 135 air charter. Sky dived in Palatka Florida.
4 Phi Theta Capa at University in Florida based on a 4.0. Moved to university new Orleans chem E major.
5 got a certificate in tool and die and machine builder
6 worked as just another law enforcement and first responder in Slidell la after katrina. Separated from and missed my family dearly during the first 13 weeks of recovery.
7 worked with computer & software development and earned recognition in software and computer security
8 got 2 boys one who attended Western Michigan but now in the Airforce and the other a 7th grader high honors. His momma gave them all the brains and the looks.
9 Thinks Jill beans is HOT!!
10 I want to be a marketing master
11 Built a functional cnc router in using hand tools.
12 earns grocery money fixing computers
13 studied martial arts for 49 years and operated one of the largest martial art programs in the gulf coast region.
Owned and rode a harley on a cross country trip from New Orleans to Indian reservation in Salamanca New york behind hurricane danny thence back down to New Orleans via Jacksonville Fla. Now in the process of saving to get another harley.
14 Worked in the South Pacific and the far east including Guam, Korea, Japan etc.
15 directed community service projects including installing double wide trailers for single mothers. And Thanks giving basket program for worthy but low income families.
16 got the hell kicked out of me and getting beat up up by a deer when trying to capture it via a knife fight. Later ate the deer.
17 owns a cat
18 Saved a work mates life by removing a severely abscessed tooth with a pair of channel locks and a satellite phone while working on an island way out there while waiting for the plane that was due to arrive any day but was three days late..
19 I refuse to be a victim of any circumstances.
20 Will repair any mechanical device and refuse to pay a service man at all cost.
21 willing to go anywhere and try anything new except dance.
22 picked a fender leo blue grass.
23 did security for guns n roses, metalic@, mega death, sound garden, jerry lee lewis, rod stewart, bett middler, bonnie r@itt, and gave peter weller (robo cop) a hard time when he tried to see bonnie in her dressing room trailer..
24 worked with Chuck Norris and raised funds in his kick drugs campaign.
25 i sleep till 10 am every day if at all possible

tagged,

John aston
OldPaint
vid
jscarl
jdb