• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

70 inches of daylight balanced LED's installed on printer for under $17

phototec

Where? never mind, I got it. Yes I will order asap! Thanks Jon.

When I open the last link you provided, and you scroll down a bit where it says items frequently purchased together, it show all three for $18.94 CDN. and free shipping (see attached screen capture).

Attachments

• RF Wireless Controller Mini Dimmer for LED Single Color Strip Light.jpg
    RF Wireless Controller Mini Dimmer for LED Single Color Strip Light.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 132

phototec

Good find Richard, when I searched my Amazon I found the same Wireless Remote Control For Single Color Strip Light for $3.59 and FREE shipping, just ordered it. Now I will be able to leave the LED strip plugged in all the time and use the remote control to turn it off and on and if I want to get sexy I can dim the LED's up or down or 25% or 50%, wow now I can us emy printer as a night light!

http://www.amazon.com/niceeshop-Con...+Mini+Dimmer+for+LED+Single+Color+Strip+Light

player

The adapter and remote come from far away, with 17-28 business days shipping. The remote I can wait for, but I would like to have the adapter so I can use the lights right away...

phototec

The adapter and remote come from far away, with 17-28 business days shipping. The remote I can wait for, but I would like to have the adapter so I can use the lights right away...

Those are probably coming from China, keep searching Amazon for different sellers, you will have to pay a little more but may find one shipped from a supplier in Canada or Amazon.

My LED light strip and power supply were ordered on 1-15-15 and delivered 1-20-15.

phototec

Mini LED Controller Dimmer with RF Wireless Remote Control for $4.15 + FREE shipping

Good find Richard, when I searched my Amazon I found the same Wireless Remote Control For Single Color Strip Light for $3.59 and FREE shipping, just ordered it. Now I will be able to leave the LED strip plugged in all the time and use the remote control to turn it off and on and if I want to get sexy I can dim the LED's up or down or 25% or 50%, wow now I can us emy printer as a night light!

http://www.amazon.com/niceeshop-Con...+Mini+Dimmer+for+LED+Single+Color+Strip+Light

I found a better deal for a Mini LED Controller Dimmer with RF Wireless Remote Control. This one is only $4.15 and has both male and female push-on connectors instead of the bare wires of the other one I posted, it simply plugs in between the power adapter and the LED light strip under the cover on the left side of the printer.

Now, I can turn the LED's off and on from my desk or dim them, even set them very low as a night light for my printer room!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IUGQSKM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's coming from China so it will take several weeks to get here, but for the price I can wait.

31legen

leds

got mine today. The power supply was a dud. Didnt work. Luckily I had another that I had to hard wire in.. The light is more of a blueish light.

phototec

got mine today. The power supply was a dud. Didnt work. Luckily I had another that I had to hard wire in.. The light is more of a blueish light.

Sorry to hear about the dud power adapter, send it back to Amazon and get a replacement, they have always been good about returns.

Are you sure you ordered the daylight LED strip, they also sell coolwhite?

Also, if your over head lights in the printer area are incandescent (yellowish) then daylight bulbs appear bluish because of the difference.

I have replaced my over head light bulbs with daylight balanced bulbs near my computer and printer so everything is lite with daylight bulbs to keep the viewing color constant.

Coming from the commercial photography and offset printing industry years ago, they usually always had a special viewing station set up with daylight balanced light to check prints.

Having ONLY daylight balanced bulbs in my office and printing area allows me to see colors the same and know right away if something is off and there is a color shift.

I think my daylight LED strip is better than using the warmwhite or coolwhite.

flyinsign

Thanks a million!

Thank you so much for this post phototec! I ordered mine last week after reading this post. I received them today and just installed them. Easy- Peasy! Now I can see what I am screwing up when I am screwing it up! Ha-Ha, THANKS AGAIN!!!

phototec

Thank you so much for this post phototec! I ordered mine last week after reading this post. I received them today and just installed them. Easy- Peasy! Now I can see what I am screwing up when I am screwing it up! Ha-Ha, THANKS AGAIN!!!

You are most certainly WELCOME!

YEP! As I mentioned I had seen posts about this before but NOT at this price point and I did not know it would be so EASY PEASY to install, and after I did mine so cheaply and easily, I just had to share....

Glad it came out great for you. It really made a big difference on my printer (are you listening Roland)!

It's funny what you said, because as I was screwing up a job yesterday, I noticed the same thing, I could see the color was OFF right way, so it actually saved me ink and material to hit the PAUSE button...

This is what Signs101 is all about, someone has a good tip, share it with your brothers (and sisters) on this forum...:rock-n-roll:

Techman

here is what we did for the operator in my shop about 18 months ago.
We were tired of trying to see the job, and fed up with the lighting challenges under the gantry.
I used some extra sign modules and a 1A 12 volt dc walwart under the gantry of the cnc machine.
The lights are still bright and soing exactly what was intended. That is put some light on the work surface.

Do great minds think alike.? Anyway, Thank you for finding these lower cots lights. I ordered a string and plan to use them on another back lit panel..

[video=youtube;eb7HxhqVMLw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb7HxhqVMLw[/video]

phototec

here is what we did for the operator in my shop about 18 months ago.
We were tired of trying to see the job, and fed up with the lighting challenges under the gantry.
I used some extra sign modules and a 1A 12 volt dc walwart under the gantry of the cnc machine.
The lights are still bright and soing exactly what was intended. That is put some light on the work surface.

Do great minds think alike.? Anyway, Thank you for finding these lower cots lights. I ordered a string and plan to use them on another back lit panel..

[video=youtube;eb7HxhqVMLw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb7HxhqVMLw[/video]

Yep we do!

Nice job, you can see much better with the LED lights now.

MagnetStew

Just installed a set on one of our Mutoh 1624's.....everyone loves it so we are going to order a set for the rest of the printers! We started ours on the right side of the printer at the bottom of the maintenance area and then across the entire printer to the left side and then down the side and back across the bottom of the left maintenance access area so we can get a good look at the print head when doing manual cleanings. This mod rocks! Thanks!

phototec

They will steal this idea and charge us hundreds for it on the new printers..

Yea, I can see that happening, I think they monitor this site...

I just love mine, and can't believe the difference it makes, like night and day (get it).

Anyway, I'm still waiting on the Mini LED Remote I ordered from Amazon, it is the only item that was coming from China. But $4.14 (FREE SHIPPING) for a plug-n-play wireless on-off remote that is also dimmer, I can wait a few more days (was scheduled for delivery between 2-18-2015 and 3-6-2015.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IUGQSKM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

splizaat

Been wanting to do this for YEARS!!! Thank you!!!

Bought the two items linked in top post, and the $4.15 remote linked toward the end. Thank you thank you thank you! :)

phototec

Been wanting to do this for YEARS!!! Thank you!!!

Bought the two items linked in top post, and the $4.15 remote linked toward the end. Thank you thank you thank you! :)

The LED light strip is awesome, I just love how it lights up the print head area of my printer, I don't know why these printers don't come with this option.

The $4.15 price for the plug-n-play wireless remote was an unbelievable low price, only issue I am still waiting for it, it was ordered on Jan 22, they said it would arrive between Feb 18-Mar 6, so I hope I receive it in the next few days.

phototec

Looking forward to getting this on the printer!

I received the first two items very fast and was very easy to install, I can't say enough good things about the LED light strip, it really makes a big difference.

Now the wireless remote was coming from China and I have still not received it...

Good luck installing yours, let us know when you get it and how it works for you. :thumb:

phototec

U_p_d_a_t_e

Yea, I can see that happening, I think they monitor this site...

I just love mine, and can't believe the difference it makes, like night and day (get it).

Anyway, I'm still waiting on the Mini LED Remote I ordered from Amazon, it is the only item that was coming from China. But $4.14 (FREE SHIPPING) for a plug-n-play wireless on-off remote that is also dimmer, I can wait a few more days (was scheduled for delivery between 2-18-2015 and 3-6-2015.

Well as good as the LEDS are workings, I have an update regarding the Mini wireless LED Remote I ordered from Amazon on Jan 22, 2015. It has been just over 6 weeks and I never received the item from China, so I filed a claim yesterday with Amazon and they refunded my $4.14 today. The strip of LEDs and the 12V power adapter were shipped from Amazon in the US and I received them really fast, it's just the remote that was coming from China, that I never received.

I still want to get one so I will search for another vendor, I remember seeing others that were a little more expensive.

If anyone else ordered one and you received it let me know. They used Chine mail to mail it to me with NO tracking information, so I don't know if it got lost or they just never sent it, they claim they shipped it on Jan 22, 2015.

Anyway, anyone who received this let me know?

:thankyou: