Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternative To Gemini?

Discussion in 'Dimensional Signs' started by bayviewsignworks, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Alternative to Gemini? Has anyone noticed their process sucks? We'd like to use a different source to get acrylic letters.

Tags:
  2. TammieH

TammieH Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Pacific NW
    Never had a problem with Gemini

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA

Why ?? We've been using them for decades and their stuff is quite impressive and their customer relations cannot be beat. What part of the process..... sucks ?? This puzzles me.

• Like Like x 3
  4. tylercrum

tylercrum Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Texas
    We use a small company that's local to us, but they work pretty fast and shipping shouldn't be too big of a deal. They're called Dimensional Letters and Logos. dllsigns.com

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Starter

Starter Member

Mar 20, 2013
    Halifax NS
    I have never had an issue with Gemini Canada. I do cut, paint and pin my own letters whenever I can.

6. Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay?

Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay? Very Active Member

Just got an order in today from Gemini for laser cut Gem Leaf acrylic. They've always been one of our best and most reliable wholesalers. I'm curious to hear about your experiences, also.

7. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    I'm surprised you are having any issues. Gemini has been our go-to for years with little to no problems. The couple times there was an issue, it had to do with bad patterns for stud mounts, and they were very responsive. What kind of problems with them are you having?

8. nikdoobs

nikdoobs Active Member

Jun 4, 2013
    lafayette, la
    I've used Gemini for literally hundreds of projects and never once had an issue with their products or process.

9. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    I love Gemini, great catalog, no nonsense when ordering, emails sent back for making sure everything is right and always a phone call away for info on order.
    Have used them for a long time and never had any problems and nice people.

I like the level of language you used such as "sucks" in describing their process, there are better words to describe a bad situation, maybe you have a communication problem when dealing with the people at Gemini. I have their back.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Johnny Best

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    • Like Like x 1
  11. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    Gemini is definitely the go to place for stuff. DO NOT use Matthews Bronze. Quality sucks compared to gemini. We have had several issues

12. Johnny Best

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
  13. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    we still are anxious to hear what issues the OP is having with Gemini

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    what about their process "sucks"? process of what? what did they do that you think could be done better?

• Like Like x 2
  15. lbpalm

lbpalm Premium Subscriber

Oct 26, 2012
    USA
    Gemini has been good to us too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Stella_FB700

Stella_FB700 Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Canada
    We quit using Gemini too! There customer service is BS.

17. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    We quit using Gemini too! There customer service is BS.

in what way? I've had issues with Gemini and have found the customer service to be great. what went wrong?

• Like Like x 2
  18. doublesigndude

doublesigndude New Member

Apr 16, 2009
    IOWA
    Been using Gemini for 20+ years, rarely an issue. If there ever is one they exhaust all resources to make it right. If we have a time sensitive project their customer service staff does what it takes to make it work.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    I've always been satisfied with Gemini, only other company I ever used was Spanjer (some will remember them).

• Like Like x 2
    • OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 1
  20. shoresigns

shoresigns Very Active Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    We've been using Gemini for many years and have rarely had an issue production-wise.

They can be slow at responding to quote requests, though, but we just tell clients to expect a few days if there's anything custom we can't quote from the catalogue.

We did have one order recently where we just needed a suction cup for their extendable arms for changing marquee letters. They lost the order twice and then when they finally shipped it out, they didn't use expedited shipping as we had requested. Client ended up waiting about a month for something they were hoping to receive within a few days.

21. hcardwell93

hcardwell93 Member

Nov 9, 2015
    Indiana
    I have never had a bad experience with Gemini. I like their process of confirming an order as I realized I had made what could have been a costly mistake on one order and was able to correct it before it went into production.

• Like Like x 1