• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Alternative To Gemini?

lbpalm

huh??
Gemini bent over backwards to make some aluminum laser cut letters perfect, with perfect color.
- Plus full-scale installation template
- Plus all installation stand-off hardware included
- Plus great price.
- Turn around was ahead of schedule.

asd

what is your average response time from gemini when you sent a RFQ last time I asked for one it took them 5 days to reply another 2 days for them to send me the approval form to make this short it took me 7 days just to place an order for some aluminum letters. if this is classified as great customer service I must be living in a bubble

Gino

Premium Subscriber
what is your average response time from gemini when you sent a RFQ last time I asked for one it took them 5 days to reply another 2 days for them to send me the approval form to make this short it took me 7 days just to place an order for some aluminum letters. if this is classified as great customer service I must be living in a bubble

Maybe you are. I've never experienced anything like that, unless I dragged my end. They are quite the well-oiled machine and have this stuff down to a science.

Johnny Best

asd: If I send a request for pricing on Monday and do not get a bounce back email that they received it I send it again and givr them a follow up call.
After a couple of days an email arrives with the a .pdf and price and details. After responding and approval they sens a final art .pdf from the facility where it is being fabricated. I look it over and approve and it usually is 10 working days turnaround. You can also go and see when they shipped it and arrival.
You on your end have to do follow up if in most cases are in a rush. Before internet and email it was all done over the phone. My phone reception is good inside my bubble. The name of the person and ext. handling your order is on the paper, just call, and if not there, leave a message. Or someone else can help you because all your information is on their computers.

Marlene

is this thread just click bait to get us to say nice things about Gemini? the OP hasn't responded at all

VTSigns

I consider Gemini to be tops in our industry. They are the most reliable supplier I have used over the last 14 years. Their products and customer service can't be beat.

DStanworth

Stanworth Sign
Steel Art Co. I have used Gemini one time, takes too long to get a quote.
Steel Art sends my quotes same day.

DStanworth

Stanworth Sign
I get a quote almost as soon as I send the file.
That is great news. I get a response saying they have received my email and someone will get back to me.
I can send a drawing to Steel Art and I literally get a bid within hours. Gemini has never treated me this way.
You have to get in-line. My customers do not want to wait. Never been happy with their customer service but
it sounds like it works for you.

DStanworth

Stanworth Sign
I have a project with Steel Art right now. 132 (5" high) Metal letters. 1/2" thick #4 horizontal brushed aluminum. $28 bucks a letter, sold for $85 a letter.
They turned the job around in 13 days shipped to California. Gemini is just slow. Also, Gemini patterns are still done by hand. I don't understand this. My Steel Art patterns
are computer generated and spot-on accurate. There is no comparison in these two companies. Gemini sells plastic, Steel Art sells an Architectural Quality product.

I would highly recommend Steel Art Company, Norwood, Mass.

Billct2

I agree that getting quotes for custom items may take a couple days...but I can figure out 99% of my quotes, including custom jobs, using their online tools.

bannertime

I agree that getting quotes for custom items may take a couple days...but I can figure out 99% of my quotes, including custom jobs, using their online tools.

Yeah, quotes are never a problem. Catalog and online is easy enough. Shipping used to bite me in the butt, but we've figured that out too. Turn around time is pretty slow though.

We've just started using Signworld America for CNC aluminum composite and laser cut signs. Quotes takes up to a day, but turn around is pretty fast and excellent quality.

Johnny Best

I used SteelArt when they first started up years ago. Ordered brass plates with Braille information. The brass started to show wear in a short period of time. Ended up having Gemini redo it and it held up really nice for years.
I would never worry about getting something faster than I worry about quality.
I did use SteelArt again for another project and their finishes had improved greatly.
I also still use Gemini for my main supplier of metal and acrylic letters and have no problem with quotes or delivery being on time.
This posts sounds like Lowe’s is good and fast and Home Depot is slow and sucks.

petepaz

15+ yrs of working with gemini and only issue i have had is sometimes it takes a while to get a quote.
i did order some pads and studs for some acrylic lettering we made in house and i would have thought it was a standard item but the rep i was working with could only find them in their mexico location which i found weird but the only thing was it took longer to get the parts other than that no issues. quality is always good and they meet the delivery times they quote what more could you ask for

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
I started using Sign Reflections http://signreflections.com/ about 5 years ago for FCO letters and logos and have never looked back. They have been up to 1/2 the price of Gemini at times and their turnaround is far quicker. One thing that I appreciate is that they take great care to pack their product very carefully and I haven't had any issues that haven't been resolved quickly... even to the point of the owner making a 3 hour trip to our shop to address an issue in person. Get them to quote on your next project and give them a try. I don't think you'll regret it.