• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Am I crazy or is 4OVER trying to get "over" on me

Status
Not open for further replies.

LindyM

So I have coroplast signs printed thru 4over.
I wanted 24w x 18h signs with the flutes Horizontal.
here are a couple of screen shots from their ordering site
screen.jpeg

screen2.jpeg

I submit my art as pictured.
session.jpg

and get this

sign.jpeg

They are saying the Flutes are correct.

What do you think?

HaroldDesign

If they're going to take orders like they do, they need to have it possible to clarify vertical/horizontal as file supplied or right-reading.

Brandon708

They made the flutes horizontal according to how the sign reads. So I don't think they are wrong.

You should of submitted the artwork vertical and asked for vertical flutes.

really you both are wrong. with the way you submitted the artwork it could of went both ways.

signage

The flute direction that you chose said you wanted horizontal flutes! That first screen shot says which way you want the flutes to run! I has nothing to do with the size of the marerial!

dj_elite

They are confusing the artwork for the actual dimensions. Picture no artwork there at all. He wanted them horizontal on a 24"x18" sign. They are wrong. Someone saw the artwork and got confused!

yukon

Looks like the orientation instructions said 18" high and 24" wide, but your artwork is 24" high and 18" wide. The flutes are horizontal based on your 24" wide instructions, but the artwork was rotated during the print.

Both at fault with this one I believe. they rotated your art, but your instructions said the height was 18, not 24.

Just my un-biased opinion...

signage

Did you have any dimensions on the artwork file?

Look at the first two photos you have in the first thread. It says to run flutes horizontal and that you dimensions are 24"w x 18"h! How would someone know that you rotated you image when the dimensions you gave do not match the image?

LindyM

Thanks everyone for the quick replies.

Yukon what are you talking about ? How is my artwork 24"hx18w. I submitted the art as pictured in landscape orientation not portrait...

dwt

They are confusing the artwork for the actual dimensions. Picture no artwork there at all. He wanted them horizontal on a 24"x18" sign. They are wrong. Someone saw the artwork and got confused!

Exactly. The art could be anything. Classic failure to follow instructions.

dj_elite

Lindy I agree with you and would have ordered them the same way and would have been upset when I received them like that. Whoever was making them saw that you put two signs on one and got confused. I would say not your fault

LindyM

Lindy I agree with you and would have ordered them the same way and would have been upset when I received them like that. Whoever was making them saw that you put two signs on one and got confused. I would say not your fault
Thank you, people are looking at the art and not at how its ordered on their site.

yukon

In your screen shot of the dimensions it clearly says width = 24" and height = 18". Your actual artwork is the opposite (height = 24" and width = 18").

That's what I mean

briankb

Premium Subscriber
first I thought you were wrong. then I walked through the process. You ordered correctly according to their order screens. left to right flutes at 24" wide. I would have expected them to be correct and ready for me to cut apart.

have you asked them to reprint?

Look at the first photo he has attached, where it plainly says Flute Direction at the top. The drawing next to the Horizontal radio button is to scale. The flutes were to run parallel to the 24" side. When he received his signs they did not. It doesn't matter how his artwork was oriented. Vendor screwed this one up, IMO.

Baz

The way i interpret this is ... When they are asking for your sign dimensions they are starting with the assumption that you are looking at the sign. How "wide" is it and how "high" is it. So when you look at your sign and not the artwork .... it is 18"wide x 24"high. When they are asking for flute direction. It is again with the assumption that you are looking at the sign .... So horizontal and vertical are based in relation to the real world horizon <--(i don't know how to properly explain it).

I myself would have been confused by the submission of your dimensions in relation to your artwork. It would have deserved a call for explanation before going into production.

Status
Not open for further replies.