• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Am I crazy or is 4OVER trying to get "over" on me

Status
Not open for further replies.

signage

Lindy if you read the flute direction as what the direction you want the flutes to run as seen on finished sign. Horizontal flutes run with the text and vertical flutes run perpendicular to the flutes! If they were asking you the flute directions per your size, what you filled out on the form is still wrong you wrote 24"w while you were wanting a 18"w blank. Just because you submitted a rotated file dose not tell them what direction you wanted the flutes.

dwt

Lindy asked for a 24wide w/horizontal flutes.
So when the flutes come vertical, how is Lindy at fault?

LindyM

Lindy if you read the flute direction as what the direction you want the flutes to run as seen on finished sign.

that can't be as seen on a "finished sign" since you can order a 24"x24" after picking the flute orientation. and that "horizontal" button will still look the same "landscape"

I've spoke to 3 people one of which I'm guessing is the sales manager at Grand4mat. and they do not want to reprint these.

Thanks everyone.

Baz

When we talk about wide ... it is left to right ... when we talk about high ... it is up and down. His signs are not 24"wide x 18" high. They are 18" wide x 24" high ... His submission was wrong. And another thing ... Why on earth would you submit your artwork on a 90 degree angle. Wouldn't it make more sense to submit it upright so someone else doesnt have to think to much to read it?

joeshaul

If I submitted artwork similar to the above, I would expect the fluting to match the dimensions entered, not be some variable based on my artwork, even if I'm in the wrong. In such a case a courtesy call to double check would be nice, but if I submitted it wrong and they printed what I submitted, I'd definitely eat the cost and pay for the reprint.

In the OP's case, if everything that is said is true, the flutes didn't match the direction he specified, which was horizontal flutes (left to right) on a 24"wide (left to right) x 18"high (top to bottom) piece of material, so I'd say 4over was at fault, even though someone may have gotten confused and thought they were fixing a problem.

LindyM

When we talk about wide ... it is left to right ... when we talk about high ... it is up and down. His signs are not 24"wide x 18" high. They are 18" wide x 24" high ... His submission was wrong. And another thing ... Why on earth would you submit your artwork on a 90 degree angle. Wouldn't it make more sense to submit it upright so someone else doesnt have to think to much to read it?

why would I submit at a 90 degree angle?

how would you submit these cards using this interface?

recruiting_vert_business_cards.jpg

MMS_Resized_Pix.jpeg

you turn it on its side .

Brandon708

This is clearly a case for Attorney Jackie Childs.

Who told you to put the flutes horizontal? I didn't tell you to put the flutes horizontal!

Attachments

• JackieChiles.jpg
    JackieChiles.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 66

Baz

Lindy. I think both parties here are at fault. Not just you. And for the business cards yes ... you would have to rotate it since they don't offer an upright layout box. But for your sign dimensions ... Wide is left to right .. and high is up and down. Your signs are 18" wide x 24" high".

Like signage says ... you ordered 24" wide signs with horizontal flutes. Thats what you got.

SlightlyChilled

Someone looked at the pic and tried to help and messed it up. It's all on how you look at it. When you size it up I would say your pic should be 18w by 24h that is where your problem started.they should have called you... Guess that was not a merch member....

joeshaul

You said 24"w with horizontal flutes and that is what you got!

Doesn't look like it to me. Here's a mockup of a blank coroplast sheet. Even though his artwork is rotated, the flutes are going up and down on the smaller side of the sign top to bottom, so therefore vertical.

Attachments

• coroplast flutes.jpg
    coroplast flutes.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 70

dwt

The flutes horizontal at 24"wide is because he will split them in house.
Finnish size will be 12"tall x 18"wide.

Last edited:

dj_elite

Doesn't look like it to me. Here's a mockup of a blank coroplast sheet. Even though his artwork is rotated, the flutes are going up and down on the smaller side of the sign top to bottom, so therefore vertical.

^^^Correct and he stated 24" wide not 18". I would make them reprint and send the correct ones. They are at fault, not you, not both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.