• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Am I crazy or is 4OVER trying to get "over" on me

Status
Not open for further replies.

iSign

by the way, the fact that 4 over was wrong was 100% clear in 30 seconds of looking at the first post... it was never worth discussing & instead was entertaining (but scary) to see people hashing out details... i could only guess people assumed his photo of the double 12x18's was actually 2 incorrect 18x24's side by side... really couldn't understand for the life of me how anyone (including 4over) could not also tell in 30 seconds that there was simply no discussion to have... cut and dry... wrong! Anyway, not surprised it worked out... but scary that some people here can't recognize indisputable facts...

iSign

hey.. you'll fit in great now..

I still got shoe prints inside my cheek... but they all still let me post here too!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
In counter to Roundman's well laid out points, I submit that they are invalid once you cross over the equator.

Proof to support my position:

The Coriolis Effect is the observed curved path of moving objects relative to the surface of the Earth. Hurricanes are good visual examples. Hurricane air flow (winds) moves counter-clockwise in the northern hemisphere and clockwise in the southern hemisphere. This is due to the rotation of the Earth. The Coriolis force assists in setting the circulation of a hurricane into motion by producing a rightward (clockwise) deflection that sets up a cyclonic (counterclockwise) circulation around the hurricane low pressure.

From this it is easy to extrapolate that horizontal flutes in the southern hemisphere would run in a counter direction to horizontal flutes in the northern hemisphere.

I'm done - time for lunch

wayne k
guam usa

round man

You are very welcome LindyM,...for those of you who still refuse to accept the facts,... suppose the artwork was 1/2" dots in a pattern centered and repeated in pattern any way you want to arrange them even if they were to be cut in half when LindyM made two separate panels once receiving them. or better yet suppose she actually had a client who wanted the print to appear sideways to gain attention in a mundane stacked block copy world how would the order read,..even if she had told them in advance the art was to be printed sideways or even upside down,...don't laugh after 40 years in this biz I've seen all kinds of gimmicks and tricks to gain attention to an ad,.....if she had made a mistake and did as several of you suggested her order would have been incorrect and 4over would not have been wrong in refusing to reprint for free,...I found out a very long time ago when doing an ad,... stick to the specs of the art ordered and you can always charge extra if the client sent you the wrong specs,..but if you change the specs the client sent you ya get to eat the fix if they call you on it. Everyone makes mistakes its how you correct them that counts in this old world that counts,....

round man

GACO5 ,...I'm sorry to dispute you but you are confusing three dimensional criteria with two dimensional math,...your attempt at wit is however quite humorous,.... yet I'm going to waste my time disproving your bad math here,...that will cost me for my time involved,...if you really need it explained,.... there's a big difference in x and y axis and an x y z axis along with the math that goes along with it.

anyway,...what the hell,..the y axis measurement is 18"(vertical measurement in two dimensions) the x axis measurement is 24"(horizontal measurement in two dimensions) the z axis measurement is the thickness of the material from the picture I'm guessing 4 mils(third dimensional criteria you choose to attempt confusion with here for the uneducated readers),..you can take these three dimensions and spin them in any part of the universe and or on any part of the planet in any way you want and they will remain the same as LindyM specified on her order.

edited just for fun,.... please refer to GACO5's post below for original content

Last edited:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
GACO5 ,...I'm sorry to dispute you but you are confusing three dimensional criteria with two dimensional math,...your attempt at wit is however quite humorous,.... yet I'm not going to waste my time disproving your bad math here,...that will cost you for my time involved,...if you really need it explained,.... there's a big difference in x and y axis and an x y z axis along with the math that goes along with it.

No need, I am just running up my post count waiting for Old Paint to wake up from his nap so I'll have someone to engage on equal footing over much more important subjects.

wayne k
guam usa

ProWraps

4 pages. wow. great advertisement for 4over. im amazed at what people will bullsh*t about.

this was cleared up in the first post.

round man

hahahahaha great comeback maniac!!!!!!

they actually can be specified by 2 co-ordinate points creating a vector on the x and y axis and in degrees if an original x or y axis axis is defined in the design specifications

andy

So I have coroplast signs printed thru 4over.
I wanted 24w x 18h signs with the flutes Horizontal.
here are a couple of screen shots from their ordering site

No, you wanted 18" x 12" signs set two per sheet of correx... BIG difference.

screen.jpeg

This screen asks you how you want each sign to be fluted. This option is singular... it doesn't ask you about nesting multiple copies or rotating artwork.... it asks you how you want the flute direction on EACH INDIVIDUAL sign.
screen2.jpeg

This option asks you for the dimensions of your sign... you've entered 24" x12" because you know that you want two signs printed on one piece of correx... fine but it doesn't override the flute direction per individual sign which you've already indicated as being HORIZONTAL.

I submit my art as pictured.
session.jpg

Which just shows two 18"x 12" signs nested onto a piece of correx 24"x 18" which is all fine and dandy... once again it isn't going to change the flute direction... you've already indicated that each sign is to have a horizontal direction. This artwork simply shows how to get optimum material use.... it won't change the horizontal grain on each sign into a vertical.

and get this

sign.jpeg

Which is a 18" x 12" correx sign with the flutes running horizontally... just what you asked for.

They are saying the Flutes are correct.

They are.

What do you think?

Next time click vertical when you want vertical flutes on your signs... don't try and do 4Over's job for them... tell them what flute direction you want, give them the artwork as it should be read (landscape" and let them figure out material usage.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
don't try and do 4Over's job for them...

got that backwards pal, 4over was trying to assume they knew what the client wanted and changed it up. which is why they appoligized and reprinted.

scares me to think there are people out ther who think 4over was right.....WOW

BrianKE

In my experience 4over has never been quick to admit mistakes.

I think they should re-print.

An easy fix for them would be to make an option to select the length of the flutes on their site during the ordering process.
It would cut out a whole lot of confusion.

I have had just the opposite experience with 4over. I have placed dozens of business card orders with them and once they caught an error before it left the shop, called me and said they were reprinting and sent me both prints (cards were for me and I couldn't tell what was wrong with the first batch so I got a second order free). The second time, I caught a printing error and they reprinted the cards and had them to me in less than a week.

I am guessing that the OP did not take screen shots of his order when he originally placed the order. Perhaps the OP confused himself when placing the order and selected vertical flutes or switched the dimensions. What is show in his screen shots would give him vertical flutes but I highly doubt those are the screen shots from when he actually placed the order.

Brian

cdiesel

Man, I've lost a lot of respect for people in this thread. Artwork makes absolutely no difference on what was ordered. What don't you guys understand about that? The signs could've been blank--fact is, the flutes are going in the wrong direction.

And Adtechia, the stamp is amateurish. The ad Lindy posted is horrendous. The price is flat out idiotic.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Again! LindyM is correct.
Pic 2 says flute direction horizontal, width 24in.

horizontal = width, flutes should run at 24in.

Doesn't matter what kind of artwork is nested on the sign. What if he ordered plain white blanks? Height 18in x width 24in. with horozontal flutes. What way would you expect the flutes to come?

Yes, It that simple... :signs101:

d fleming

by the way, the fact that 4 over was wrong was 100% clear in 30 seconds of looking at the first post... it was never worth discussing & instead was entertaining (but scary) to see people hashing out details... i could only guess people assumed his photo of the double 12x18's was actually 2 incorrect 18x24's side by side... really couldn't understand for the life of me how anyone (including 4over) could not also tell in 30 seconds that there was simply no discussion to have... cut and dry... wrong! Anyway, not surprised it worked out... but scary that some people here can't recognize indisputable facts...

+1

LindyM

Gotta love how my post defending myself from Adtechia condescending remarks were REMOVED.

Just a reminder on why I don't come on this site anymore.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Gotta love how my post defending myself from Adtechia condescending remarks were REMOVED.

Just a reminder on why I don't come on this site anymore.

Your post was removed because it caused complaints that it included your publishing of the member's name and other information that has no place in an open forum. Your thread had already caused complaints due to your use of the word "retarded" in the title (although you misspelled it). My impression is that you're a talented guy with a really bad attitude ... which is your problem until it becomes mine by taking me away from more important matters to deal with your lack of class.

So if you like other sites better, please don't let the exit command hit you in the ass on the way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.