• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Am I crazy or is 4OVER trying to get "over" on me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should he pay anything? He asked for horizontal and got vertical.

Also, Thank you RoundMan for the ancient wisdom!

I stand corrected, the screen caps do say 24" wide. I missed that the first time, they need to reprint and replace, no charge.

One question I have for LindyM, Why didn't you just order it the way you needed it (12x18"). I'm not insinuating it's your fault at all, Just can't understand why you would have ordered it like you did.

Thanks

It's confusing how you placed the order. Why didn't you just select Vertical flute & upload your artwork upright & enter the dimensions 24"w x 18" h How many did you get??
And it still would have been wrong the way you have it. If he asked for vertical flutes and submitted the artwork upright, he would have needed 18" w x 24" h signs.

showcase 66

I refuse to use 4over anymore. They have screwed up so many things for me that I have given up on them. They have done this to me as well. When I called in they told me it was my fault because if I want the flutes to be horizontal I had to have the dimensions as 24" x 18" not 18" x 24".

Other than the fluting, your design of the sign looks good.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
LindyM is correct.

Pic 2 says flute direction horizontal, width 24in.

horizontal = width, flutes should run at 24in.

Attachments

• coro.jpg
    coro.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 96

GypsyGraphics

Lindy, technically you are correct, but you need to think like a button pusher when you send files to 4 over.

I'd have submitted the file so that it visually appears correct (vertical, 24hx18w) and then requested vertical flutes.

If a button pusher scratches his head when he looks at your file... chances are you're SOL.

joeshaul

I stand corrected, the screen caps do say 24" wide. I missed that the first time, they need to reprint and replace, no charge.

One question I have for LindyM, Why didn't you just order it the way you needed it (12x18"). I'm not insinuating it's your fault at all, Just can't understand why you would have ordered it like you did.

Thanks

A very good question, for multiple reasons! He probably thought he was saving money by ganging, me being as frugal as I am always try to do that as well. But out of curiosity I did a quick order quote.

I don't know about his pricing level, but mine's bottom tier/associate/whatever. When I plugged it in for 20 24"x18" signs vs 40 12"x18" signs it cost MORE to order 20 24"x18" as opposed to the 40 12"x18" signs. By my calculations he would've SAVED approximately 20 cents per sign (the 40 12"x18" cost $7.80 less overall) and not have to cut them down.

I would give the raw amounts to back it up, but it's open forum and there's been some discussions about that! I'm in no way bashing LindyM with the capslock, just stressing the point that money and time could've been saved (and we may have avoided 4over's screwup). I know I would've done the exact same thing ganging the designs up and thinking "I'll just cut em down and save a few bucks". Definitely will be something I'm sure to watch out for in the future in ordering. Sometimes we just make more work for ourselves!

Typestries

Methinks you need to find another wholesaler for your coros. Like us (weprintyouprofit.com), merritt, or wyld. I can say with 200% certainty that 4over barely ever fixes their own mistakes (like this) or a customers. Us smaller, independent shops will. We answer the phone, we fix problems, our quality is as good or better, we're faster, and the price is pretty much the same. 4over is decent for some things, I'm not bashing, just speaking from factual experience. Give one of us a shot next time I'm pretty sure you will be happy.

10sacer

4Over

Artwork shouldn't matter if you have production people that have half a brain. Anyone who got this order should have known that the right reading artwork would require the flutes to be vertical once printed.

I am with whomever asked why they didn't contact you, though. Instead of giving the customer what you THINK they want - call them and make sure. Problem avoided.

Did you order step stakes with it? If so - that would have been a clue...

ddarlak

Go Bills!
anyone who even thinks lindy is even .00000000001% wrong needs to have their head adjusted.

4over screwed the pooch and needs to fix it.

thanks for posting this, i will stay far away from them in the future

LindyM

Update

Someone at 4over called and apologized for the screw up and admitted someone in production adjusted the art despite very strict rules against adjusting clients files. So they have reprinted it and shipped them overnight.

Thank you all for your opinions and feedback.
even more so to RoundMan, great points to the table. :notworthy:
May it have been a confusing way to order these...sure BUT at the end of the day...Horizontal is always Horizontal, period...

Its interesting to me how some guys think, especially some sign veterans.

:thankyou:

dj_elite

His artwork has nothing to do with the measurement. 24" wide is 24" wide no matter which way you look at it! You must look at the sign as a blank

cdiesel

You are 100% correct Lindy. It's not up to the wholesaler to decide what you want. It's up to the designer to submit correct artwork, which you did. Like Typestries, us smaller wholesale shops would pick up the phone and call you if we weren't 100% certain of what to do.

For those of you who think artwork was incorrect, what if the client wanted two signs on one, and that was the finished design? What if the client wanted 90 degree artwork? What if they weren't using stakes? It's not up to the printer to adjust to how they think things should be.

iSign

Sorry just because, you have been dinking around 15 years doesn't make you an artist...

...I have spent the last 20 years honing my skills...

put up or shut up... walking in here your first week with that attitude I hope to god you got some chops to lay down, 'cause that mouth of yours sure thinks yer gonna be able to back it up...

...and up against Lindy's proven talents, shown here... you got a steep uphill battle to not look like a total schmuck... waitin' to see you post up yer masterpiece Michelangelo!!
(waitin' but not holding my breath... clearly you are just a troll who likes negative attention)

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Here is a nice piece I designed for the National Rural Letter Carriers Association

This logo will be used for there National Convention and put on all there merchandising.

I can back up my Record. I have earned my bones.

Is that a draft or the final layout?

Looks OK but could use a little work.

wayne k
guam usa

iSign

yeah... I'll give it an "OK" ...but that's it. Plenty of my stuff get's settled for at the OK stage too.. but you really outta check out Lindy's stuff... blows doors of that georgia peach...

Status
Not open for further replies.