• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Am I crazy or is 4OVER trying to get "over" on me

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeshaul

So how many signs are you talking about?....

I was tempted to ask that earlier, since he said they didn't wanna reprint em, makes me think it's either a whole truckload full, or 3. I think 3 was their minimum to order when I was pricing some political signs that I ended up just doing in house due to time constraints anyway.

LindyM

^ Correct.
I had 20 of these made. Of course I can find another solutions.
But if something is wrong, I shouldn't have to find another route from the wire stakes

signage

Look at the photo of the signs (in post one) he received the flutes are running horizontal the 24" direction!

dj_elite

I would make them replace them. Can't stress it enough. You stated 24" wide with horizontal flutes and they sent 18" wide with horizontal flutes. If you made the print reverse would they print it on the inside? Think about that!

LindyM

I would make them replace them. Can't stress it enough. You stated 24" wide with horizontal flutes and they sent 18" wide with horizontal flutes. If you made the print reverse would they print it on the inside? Think about that!
LOL good one, thanks!

flutes are running up and down in this picture for those confused
MMS_Resized_Pix1.jpeg

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
When we talk about wide ... it is left to right ... when we talk about high ... it is up and down. His signs are not 24"wide x 18" high. They are 18" wide x 24" high ... His submission was wrong. And another thing ... Why on earth would you submit your artwork on a 90 degree angle. Wouldn't it make more sense to submit it upright so someone else doesnt have to think to much to read it?

technically, his signs are 12"h x 18"w....but he's ganging up the artwork to print two signs in one file....

we need to look at the FILE not the artwork....if his FILE was set up for a 24"w x 18"h sign, it doesn't matter what the design is on the file...they're supposed to print the file as is....printing the file as is with horizontal flutes would allow him to shear down the 18x24s to have the 12x18s that he wanted....

i've never ordered from Grand4mat...but i'm going to go out on a limb and assume you can't choose an 18"w x 24"h sign and that's why he had to rotate his artwork....

dman0427

In my experience 4over has never been quick to admit mistakes.

I think they should re-print.

An easy fix for them would be to make an option to select the length of the flutes on their site during the ordering process.
It would cut out a whole lot of confusion.

dwt

Compare the horizontal flutes with what he ordered,with the vertical flutes he received.
No way it's his fault. How else would you stake em'?

Attachments

• session.jpg
    session.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 94
  • MMS_Resized_Pix1.jpg
    MMS_Resized_Pix1.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 104

LindyM

@ fenris242 you can order them any size you want, however default is 24wx18h. So I figured it was less work for me to just turn the artwork before exporting as a jpeg.

I think choosing the dimensions first then the flute orientation would lessen any confusions.

round man

Geometry is the math that dictates this decision. it has been in use since ancient times when the greeks invented it. it is the same currently, as it was 25 years ago the first time i went to college, and the same in ancient times as it will be in the future,...your order stated the width was 24" which is the "horizontal" measurement.
the order also stated the "height" was 18" which is a vertical measurement. these terms have not changed in over 2 thousand years,..the order also "plainly" states the flutes to run horizontally on the same page that the horizontal measurement is specified. It should not matter mathematically whether the final print is considered upside down sideways or at an angle the flutes should follow the horizontal measurement specified in your order. You did not order an 18" wide print, you ordered a 24" wide print. If their employee cannot determine the difference between the two they need either to re-educate their employee and or dismiss him or her,.....any idiot with the slightest amount of common sense in the sign industry knows that coroplast signs usually go on coroplast sign stakes and or cinderblock rebarb stands on vertical flutes,..thus if they use the excuse they did it by the way it reads it is still null and void. they made a illogical assumption and the math here doesn't add up. Simple answer here, they screwed up . Please note the period at the end of the previous sentence for those who wish to change the laws of mathematics and the universe to suit their own agenda.

edited to add,..... please forgive my singular view to this judgment asked for and received,... I meant ill will towards no one,.....

Last edited:

"Deposit Please"

It's confusing how you placed the order. Why didn't you just select Vertical flute & upload your artwork upright & enter the dimensions 24"w x 18" h How many did you get??

The flute direction that you chose said you wanted horizontal flutes! That first screen shot says which way you want the flutes to run! I has nothing to do with the size of the marerial!

I would have to agree. But it's not hard to reprint to keep a customer for an honest mistake. Or at least cut you a deal on the reprint.

Status
Not open for further replies.