• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

An Unknown error has occurred. Please restart the application.

os101king

Ok. Why does this happen? It Flexi really that weak that it cannot handle large contour cuts? Is the software really so lame that anytime I try to marquee a bitmap that's bigger than a few feet this CRAPWARE bitches out on me??? 4G ram, 2.6 dual core. No reason my hardware shouldn't be able to keep up....

Matthew Scher

What version do you have of Flexi? What OS are you running?

This message indicates that you found a bug. Let me know the steps you used to make it happen and we can isolate the part of the code that causes it and fix it for the next service pack.

PMG

I get this all the time as well.............8.5 v1 sp2 build 1300......Flexi pukes all the time,also when copying and or applying filters,if ya have autosave on and it goes to save the file wile copying or applying a filter it will Puke.

os101king

Xp sp2 with 3.12 recognized G of Ram and a 2.13 Ghz Intel Processor. happens regularly when trying to apply a large bitmap selection using the magic wand. I was trying to overlay a large print over a photo of a Sprinter van I scaled up, wanted to make the outer edge transparent as well as set a contour cut. When I clicked on the image with the magic wand, about ten seconds later I got that error message. 8.1V1, Build 1115.

os101king

I was lucky this time. It managed to save the file accurately. Most times the file half saves then just dumps. I had to turn autosave off... good idea, but it causes too many problems. I just recognized, you have the EXACT SAME setup that I'm running, not computer-wise. I think you're a little more hot-rodded than my setup. Otherwise it's the same. How do you manage that quickmount? How long did it take to get it working easily?

os101king

Thanks, Matt. I'll give you a call tomorrow to try and work it out. I'll be out of the shop on installs for the rest of today.

Techman

about 88% of those types of errors can be caused by back ground utilities. They operate on start up and some are services.

A way to avoid that shut down problem is to disable most of those unneeded services. try it you will like it..

PMG

about 88% of those types of errors can be caused by back ground utilities. They operate on start up and some are services.

A way to avoid that shut down problem is to disable most of those unneeded services. try it you will like it..
I would say i have 80% of the services shut down and still get these problems.

dclet

about 88% of those types of errors can be caused by back ground utilities.

more like flexi's poor memory management.

I can lock-up any version of flexi in a matter of seconds...

Matthew Scher

I can make Flexi 7.5 exit in a click and drag, but that was quickly fixed and doesn't happen anymore. If you have a way to make it lock up then let me know and it will be fixed.

::ONEBADBUG::

Just in the last few week this has happened to me... With the exception is that it give me an error spalsh screen pertaining to the security lock and asks me to please remove or revert?

But just flushed & re-installed the entire system and re-installed without clutter and every program I utilize and haven't gotten it, or any other errors, since... It's so nice.

Some times its just time to backup and restart..

As a plus the machine I do my desigining and production on is in my shops network but never does updating let alone connect the internet, its dedicated. I've learned over the years that this is a the best defense against instabliy/bog processing type issues.

Call it it the "junk in the trunk" syndrome...

PMG

It would be nice if the workaround is posted for all to see.
I agree i spent a good part of 2 months with Terry @ SAI,they even took control of my Pc many many times and the only solution is to give me the next upgrade,, problems still happen on a daily bases and the help and a correspondences has stopped from Terry @ SAI . I am slowly trying to ween my self off flexi and work in other design programs.

os101king

i clean my startup registry regularly. the only thing running is my network connection and flexi's own dongle-locating software. Other than that, the processes running are all system-required.

slappy

i get it on occasion on my laptop... and i don't even cut from that. I think it has something to do with Flexi's memory

Replicator

What would really be nice is if like corel, flexi would give you the option to save the work right before it puked out !