• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another Master serie cutter issue......... GRRR

AKWD

One other thing I saw right-off; Your gremlins could be in the USB-Serial dongle. If you read here some, you'll see some people have a heck of a time with some brands and such being bad timing. Having been a scale technician before and needing precise timing on the serial connection, those USB devices can and will be bad headaches.

Now would it drop an entire word? Not likely. I suspect something else. Mac-version issue? possibly (Not to bash on Mac - Software is just written differently in cases or compiled differently and could be a bug because of this); It shows it on the screen so I'm not sure what might be the issue. If you can, toss up your Panel tab/screen too plz. :)

signmeup

Have you tried cutting your name out at 27" long? If not, type it out in Flexi and hit send. If you don't want to waste vinyl take out the knife and put in the pen and some paper.
I have had a couple of files over the past few years that wouldn't cut the right size no matter what I did. They were corrupted somehow. I redrew them and they cut fine.

cutkiller

I just wrote an email to Desay and explained the whole situation. I also refer them the this thread. Let see what gonna happen. Now they have the opportunity to proove that their products aren't crap.

cutkiller

it worked very well.. 27" long... i wonder why some ppl can cut the oder file without problem and not me. It MUST be a setting issue, not the file itself.

signmeup

The file has some sort of issue. It shows in cut manager that there are 2 colours but I can't get it to display the 2 colours in Flexi. That's a BIG red flag for me. On the MAC it might just not cut a corrupt file whereas on the PC it will. It may also be more tolerent of weird files on a parrallel port connection. Do some more experiments with files you made yourself and see what happens.

I bet if you switch to the other colour in cut manager it will cut the other part of the file.

cutkiller

already made those test. I opened the files in illustrator and cleared all graphic attributes. It becomes pure vector, with no colors, stroke, or any attributes. Back to basic.... i then select the vectors and choose black as the color. So at this point, it is 1 color, black only, with no other attributes. Tried to ungroup everything, group, inverse the graphic... so on and so on.. it cuts some random parts, but never cut it entirely. :S

cutkiller

Wow the Graphtec ce5000 looks AWESOME. I'm sold. My xy-300p's up for sale. Comes with stand, flexi 7.5 and dongle, and the cable for mac users. Any offer? :D

cutkiller

nah i didn't cut it because its 3.2M and it takes for ever to rip. But thanks for helpin, and for your interest in my issue lol I guess you used Illustrator live trace to retrace the logo?? I mean to retrace a .jpg of the actual .eps file... maybe that why there is so much points. If only i had Illustrator CS2 thats exactly what i would try.

Last edited:

cutkiller

Oh and im down to sell it for 100$ + shipping if i have no other offer :) The 30$ key pad need to be replaced btw hehe.

OldPaint

CHEAP PLOTTER=CHEAP SIGNS....and starting at that place..............YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO AFFORD A REAL PLOTTER! iam not bein a putz, and pickin on youre MASTERANCHOR....but if you INVESTED IN A PROFESSIONAL type plotter , and THEN YOU WOULD HAVE TO CHARGE MORE for the signs to get back youre INVESTMENT...it puts you AND YOURE CLIENTS on a different level as to WHAT YOURE WORK IS WORTH.
does that make sence to ya?????
if it doenst THEN WE ALL NEED TO GO BUY CRICKETS)))))

cutkiller

Jillbeans

it puts you AND YOURE CLIENTS on a different level as to WHAT YOURE WORK IS WORTH
How could the value or brand of a plotter make someone's work worth more?
Even the biggest sign hack in the world will still make lousy looking signs on the world's best plotter.
And I doubt any client gives a rat's ass as to what type of plotter produces their signs.
Just had to chime in.
Love....Jill

cutkiller

Actually i guess i've made better "muli-colored" sign then him with my xy-300p lol The type of plotter has nothing to do with your graphic designer skills.

signmeup

I just got the smaller file you sent and its worked fine! weird :S
The file I sent you was made by converting your eps into a jpeg and then tracing it with CorelTrace so it was a vector file again. (I forgot to turn down the nodes on the first file I sent you so It was quite large.)

You have been trying to cut a corrupted file from Brands of the World. It looked fine on screen but something was wrong with it. Brands of the world files are uploaded by users and the Lord only knows what they could contain besides the vectors we want.

The offer to purchase your plotter still stands.