• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another Master serie cutter issue......... GRRR

signmeup

CHEAP PLOTTER=CHEAP SIGNS....and starting at that place..............YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO AFFORD A REAL PLOTTER! iam not bein a putz, and pickin on youre MASTERANCHOR....but if you INVESTED IN A PROFESSIONAL type plotter , and THEN YOU WOULD HAVE TO CHARGE MORE for the signs to get back youre INVESTMENT...it puts you AND YOURE CLIENTS on a different level as to WHAT YOURE WORK IS WORTH.
does that make sence to ya?????
if it doenst THEN WE ALL NEED TO GO BUY CRICKETS)))))
OP,

I make very expensive signs with my cheap plotter. I use it to make sandblasting stencils and also paint masks for the hand carved and gilded signs I make for my customers. I lay out the lettering in the computer and carve through the stencil into the sign.

You are certainly old enough to know the old saying," It's a poor mechanic that blames his tools."

cutkiller

The file I sent you was made by converting your eps into a jpeg and then tracing it with CorelTrace so it was a vector file again. (I forgot to turn down the nodes on the first file I sent you so It was quite large.)

You have been trying to cut a corrupted file from Brands of the World. It looked fine on screen but something was wrong with it. Brands of the world files are uploaded by users and the Lord only knows what they could contain besides the vectors we want.

The offer to purchase your plotter still stands.

Yeah but why you've been able to cut it, directly from BOTW, and not me? THAT is the mistery. It works for you, but not for me.

signmeup

Yeah but why you've been able to cut it, directly from BOTW, and not me? THAT is the mistery. It works for you, but not for me.
The mysteries of computers....your machine is a little differnt than mine and doesn't tolerate funny stuff as well. The bottom line is...it was a bad file.

OldPaint

maybe "youre the exception" but i been at this long enough to see what i said hold true most of the time.
and what i said about the CLIENTS being better if you have a MORE PROFESSIONAL MACHINE, is just an EXTENTION of how YOU PICK EM.... got a cheap plotter and youll be doin stock cars JUST TO GET YOU NAME ON EM, or doin work for realestate people)))
and this statement...
I make very expensive signs with my cheap plotter.
MAYBE ITS TIME TO GET A PROFESSIONAL PIECE OF EQUIPMENT...if youre making all that money)))))

signmeup

OP,

I do get what you're saying but I don't need a fancy plotter to make a nice sign (and neither do you).... I can make a nice carved sign with a pencil and paper, a box cutter and a few brushes. Fancy tools do not a craftsman make.

This last "Master Plotter problem" was caused by operator error(bad file), as was the last time cutkiller had a plotter problem. (last time the cord was loose)
Like I said before, "It's a poor mechanic that blames his tools."

Jillbeans

So what's it gonna be OP? Cheap signs on a cheap plotter for cheapo customers, or high-end signs made on a cheap plotter?
I guess I Can't Understand Normal Thinking.
Again, why would a better plotter guarantee better clients?
Reminds me of a balding nerd driving an expensive convertible. No matter how nice his car, he's still a balding nerd. The nice car doesn't make him have more charm or a larger ding-dong.
Someday I want to get a better plotter, but I have been using a $450 4E for about 5 years now. I have no clue how much money it's brought in. But my signs are far from cheap. I can see a better plotter increasing production, and being easier to use, but no way is it going to bring in better clientele.
Love....Jill

totalimage

We have had a Master plotter for 3 years now. It is still in use today. I bought it on ebay with Flexi for $400.00. Couldnt believe it. since then we have bought everything to make our business work. We use the Master for quick stuff and also we cut magnetics with it ... cant believe this machine hasnt crashed yet. The tracking kinda sucks but we added 2 more pinch rollers and it did help a bit..The machine has done its job for us ...it can give a real good headache though...

Techman

and being easier to use, but no way is it going to bring in better clientele.

Thats right. The plotter wil not bring in better clients..
The plotter does not a sign make. But the attitude does a sign maker make.
If the mind is on the higher end we tend to produce high end work. We look at the really nice stuff, we study it and use it as a model for our own work. And we do not allow a bad tool get in our way.. Any tool i have that fails just once is gone. If the fax machine needs to be fixed ,, out it goes. If the cutter causes pain or costs me money out it goes.

If our mind is stuck on cheap then all we can produce is cheap. I believe that is the point Joe is trying to articulate.

Getting and putting up with poor equipment, using home made weasel pee, using gas for thinner, and concentrating on calvin pee stickers are all part of the low end mindset.

signmeup

Thats right. The plotter wil not bring in better clients..
The plotter does not a sign make. But the attitude does a sign maker make.
If the mind is on the higher end we tend to produce high end work. We look at the really nice stuff, we study it and use it as a model for our own work. And we do not allow a bad tool get in our way.. Any tool i have that fails just once is gone. If the fax machine needs to be fixed ,, out it goes. If the cutter causes pain or costs me money out it goes.

If our mind is stuck on cheap then all we can produce is cheap. I believe that is the point Joe is trying to articulate.

Getting and putting up with poor equipment, using home made weasel pee, using gas for thinner, and concentrating on calvin pee stickers are all part of the low end mindset.
Go to my user gallery and look at the crappy signs I made with my crappy plotter. Twit.

OldPaint

jill you above all people......should understand..you have a GERBER...))))).
AND THE STATEMENTS I WAS MAKING, come from there UPSELLING of their product.
just ask any of the people who own gerber. IT HIGH DOLLAR EQUIPMENT... and most who own em, ARE PROUD OF THE PROUDUCTS ...these machines produce.
is that to hard to understand????
got nothin to do with joe bozo drivin a corevette or him havin a big ding dong.
YOU BUY GOOD EQUIPMENT.... you will charge more for its product. simple as that.
and your work is NOT DEPENDANT on that 4B, LIKE MOST WHO BUY THESE JUNK PLOTTERS!!!!!!

cutkiller

No f***!ng answer from Desay... thats what i thought... THEY KNOW THEIR PRODUCTS AIN'T SH!T and they know there is no solution... Master cutter ain't sh!t!! Im trying to cut a 25" graphic, which i usually cut in 6" with no problem, but my cutter doesn't do anything at all when i try to cut it 25".... Its the same damn graphic, i just scaled it up in Flexi......... When the graphic's 100% loaded, the cutter doesn't even move... NOTHING. The only thing is working with this B!tcH is the damn ultra noisy freaking fan.

Dear customers, BEWARE, THIS CUTTER IS A PIECE OF JUNK. DO NOT BUY A MASTER CUTTER. Even if you got it for FREE, it doesn't even worth the 2$ of gaz you'll put into your car to go get it at your post office. Desay, i'm declaring war. I will let all ppl knows that this is just a piece of sh!t i'll show to everyone that this junk doesnt work at all....................... You guys from Desay are stupid, you dont even replyed to my email. What a great service.

Last edited by a moderator:

OldPaint

I JUST SOLD 2 ROLAND PNC-1100 the other day....)))))
and now you SEE WHAT IAM SAYING, you buy crap, you spend more time trying make it work, which inturn MAKE YOU LESS MONEY.
i have a ROLAND CX-300, i turn it on, i send object, it cuts ...........i cut right from corel, nothing else to get in the way or to work around.
DESIGN IT IN COREL, HIT PRINT, IT CUTS. to easy.

Techman

NOTHING. The only thing is working with this B!tcH is the damn ultra noisy freaking fan.

Is the graphic bigger than the maximum cut width?

And yes,, stepper motors are very loud... Servo motors are quieter and stronger and faster..

cutkiller

Is the graphic bigger than the maximum cut width?

NO. my cutting width is 24"x600". The graphic is actually 6"x25". i changed the orientation so it should fit in there... I imported the graphic as a 6" graphic, and it cut very well.. Then i used the same graphic that i just imported, i just changed the size in Flexi... I scaled it up to 25in, and send it to the cutter. It load 100%, but then, NOTHING. The cutter is not responding, is not moving, he's not doing anything. There is nothing to say.. there is no solution. This machine is a JUNK.

***SERIOUSLY, DO NOT BUY A MASTER CUTTER FROM DESAY***

cutkiller

I JUST SOLD 2 ROLAND PNC-1100 the other day....)))))
and now you SEE WHAT IAM SAYING, you buy crap, you spend more time trying make it work, which inturn MAKE YOU LESS MONEY.
i have a ROLAND CX-300, i turn it on, i send object, it cuts ...........i cut right from corel, nothing else to get in the way or to work around.
DESIGN IT IN COREL, HIT PRINT, IT CUTS. to easy.

I have to admit it, you are right. They are cheap plotters. You got what you pay for.. I ordered my graphtec ce5000. Can't wait to recieve it! but for the moment, i have to deal with this crap.

Last edited:

cutkiller

BTW, i got one question for Flexi users. Its gonna be hard to explain with my poor english... ok, when you duplicate a graphic directly in flexi because you need multiple copy of the same graphic, it always add the duplicated copy to the LEFT of the actual copy. I want to copy it ABOVE, because i wanna try an other imposition of my jobs.