• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another Master serie cutter issue......... GRRR

cutkiller

oh i see... so you want my .eps size?? The eps files is 376kb. But i never import .eps into flexi. Instead i open them with illustrator and copy paste my graphics. And where do i see/change those setting? I cant even remember where to set my offset value... I know there were a lot of options there. thanks again! :)

signmeup

That was my thought. I wondered if it was a large file or cutting a large version of the file that was the problem. If it will cut a 2" letter "A" but not a 22" letter "A" is what I wondered

Think you need to go through every setting in the software and driver setup. I think you have something setup wrong. If it cuts small files fine then the offset is fine...don't mess with that.

Open Production manager and click setup then setup properties then check the buffer setting. Mine is set to 1024 and my machine works great. Have you called customer service and described your problem? Tell them carefully and accurately what the problem is.

cutkiller

Ok first im on mac osx and maybe our flexi program diffre a little. there is no buffer set up there. But if i follow your steps, there is a "communication" tab here with some option; like speed bps, im set to 9600, but i doubt it is wha you meant. However, i just made a few test and noticed that i had 1 setting checked. in flexi, when you go cut, there is 3 tabs (general, pannel and advanced). I looked into advanced and noticed that the option "optimize cuttin order" was checked, and set to 10in. I dont even know whats that mean, but i tried to uncheck it. It cuts a little more, but again, not completly. GRRRRRRR.

BTW, i appreciate all your help, im close to solve this problem, and i will.

Would you like to add me to msn messenger?? it could be easier that way. My msn is v-dub4life@hotmail.com

cutkiller

I have cut long graphics in excess of 16 feet with my cutter with only minor tracking problems. I find anything over 10 feet it starts to wander.

Damn what would be very usefull, and really appreciated is if i could see your settings. Actually, maybe 90% of all the options doesnt mean nothing to me........... When i bought it, my first issue was the knife offset, until i find that i have to set it to 0.15 something like that.... So maybe is just a stupid thing i dont know. It will be really appreciate if you could post screenshots or your setting, to let me compare with mine! Hope your understand even if my english's crap.

signmeup

I don't have MSN.
open flexi, type an "a" and click the cut or send icon. The cut/plot window should open with your "a" in the cutting area. Click "properties" in the top left corner and the "production manager" window should pop up. Click on "setup". The setup properties window will open. Click the 2nd tab. That is where you set the buffer size. Mine is set to 1024

I still think you should call desay on Tuesday.

cutkiller

Just made a few test. I've been able to cut a 27" Alpine banner which is 427kb without problem. But still can cut a Phoenix Gold audio car banner, which is 376kb. I won't sleep until it works.

cutkiller

What is your material size set to?

24" x 600"

Actually im looking for a Graphtec plotter. Im tiered of this sh!t. This piece of sh!t isn't reliable for a serious business, like im trying to start. Can't deal whit all those issues anymore. I just tried to cut a graphic i made by myself in illustrator (my own business logo) and it not even launch. It load 100%, but NOTHING. No reaction from my plotter (this big piece of sh!t i bought off ebay). Thats enough. thats ridiculous. Real machines like graphtecs or rolands are made to work, not to resolves issues. case close.

Last edited:

AKWD

Problem is tecman, is that some of us didn't have the grace of Signs101 BEFORE picking up these beasts. Rather than cast them aside, we work with them until we can afford the next best thing.

I do agree though; I don't think it's really useful seeing you bash Masters over and over; By this point, MOST of us already know they're destined for our yacht anchors one day, but for many of us, it teaches a foundation of routine and proceduring as well.

At least leave us be to wallow in our anchors and figure out how to make them last long enough to do a good job and progress. :)

Techman

I don't think it's really useful seeing you bash Masters over and over

Well now. Sorry you feel it is bashing. But how can the truth be bashing?
The fact is that too many are suffering with a machine that just simply is not ready for prime time. To many find themselves making posts just like this one and getting responses just like these above. Read back. How many offer the idea to try new cables? How many offered a new software? How many past users have walked this path before only to find out that all his time and money was wasted? Brutal? Yes it is. But there is no need to lead any one down a dead end path.

Persons with these type machines will spend too much time and money and resources chasing a possible fix that does not exist. I know how it feels to spend hard earned money on a machine that is just about useless. I know how it feels to spend resources trying to overcome something that cannot. What a waste. So if you would prefer to hear some touchy feely answer that gives false hope then so be it. I will not be the one to do so.

Furthermore, How many people FLOG Avery over their product failure? Why is Avery taking a beating at every turn when this product is not? Is there a double standard? Its OK to FLOG Avery but not OK to FLOG this machine when it is equally if not more responsible for causing harm to our brethren? When was the last time you complained about those bashing Avery?

AKWD

IMO, it's bashing when any time a thread comes up with 'Master' in it, you go on your tirant, no matter what, and not pertaining to the topic of conversation BESIDES being a Master. That, IMO, is bashing.

Just because people have gotten a crap machine; Most realize this by the time they post here. If you look, most people who come here are asking for known aids. I know what has worked for my baby; So has others. You even know what helps most people. But instead of posting 'Hey, search for it' or posting a link to previous good topics, you decide to make sure the next user coming in here realizing that they have a poor unit and what they can do about it instead of folding or dishing out $$$($$$), you decide to jump right in and make sure they feel like a pile of crap just because they didn't find us first or see a Master thread yet. I am trying to suggest ways to make sure they can survive on the machine until they have the cashflow for a kick-ass machine (I know I'm getting very close myself on this rig alone).

Time and money? If $200 in misc stuff, 20 minutes reading the forums, and a little proceduring is too much work in comparison to jumping on a $8k machine THIS SECOND is your idea of being 'productive' for the unlucky, then I don't know. If you are so concerned about 'saving time', why do you even bother making people feel like crap, posting your unhelpful 'YOU SUCK CAUSE YOU BOUGHT MASTER'-style posts? You're wasting time too!

People may flog Avery, but fixing the 'avery' problem isn't near as costly as fixing the Master problem. And really, I don't see people flogging Avery much anymore, even though they are still out there and still problematic occassionally. I --DO-- see someone insisting in making self-centered posts about Master EVERY SINGLE TIME however. I'm sure if you jumped on the Avery thing as a 'LOLORAMA-HAR-F1R57! AVERY SUCKS!' on every post that even MENTIONED Avery, you'd likely get just as much of a response as you've elicited with your Master posts.

I think that if you even said it more along the lines of 'Sorry for your probs. Here's some useful links to try to fix your prob. I recommend start saving for a superior machine', you wouldn't end up in this predicament.

And to the original poster, sorry for us becoming :thread -- and for the responses. We do feel your pain, and hopefully you've gotten some helpful resonses here and by searching for other threads on the Master.

cutkiller

AKWD, can you take screenshot of all your setting (flexi and production manager) and post them here? Or simply send them by email at v-dub4life@hotmail.com please????????? Would like to compare with mine!!

Oh, and BTW, may i send you the files that im unable to cut??? i would like if you could try it. If you are able to cut it without any issue, that would mean that the problem is my cutter or software. Otherwise that would mean the the file itself is the problem. Actually i've tried too many things... like clearing the graphic "apparence" in illustrator, changing the path orientation.. ungroup everything, try to cut different colors... etc etc etc. i diggin deep. That would be really appreciated if you could try it for me. thanks

Actually, this is the file im trying to cut in 27" long, you can download it there; http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/download/brand/90271.html

It cut the word "gold" and the text bellow, but the word "phoenix" won't cut.

Last edited:

signmeup

It cut fine on my machine. That file comes up as 2 colours in the cut manager window. Highlight everything you want to cut in Flexi and change the colour to a single colour. Then click send.
BTW, you are trying to cut a copyrighted logo. I trust you have proper permission from the copyright owner.
One other thing you can try for trouble shooting purposes is to reduce the graphic to 22" and cut it so it is only 5" long. If that cuts fine you can be reasonably certain it's a software or setting problem.

cutkiller

i tried what you just said, still got the same problem... like i said, i've tried many things in illustrator and flexi.. i know the graphic comes in 2 colors, but i've made it single black in illustrator. I just tried it in flexi (made it "solid fill") and choose black. not better. it only cuts the "car audio" text and some letter in the "gold" word, then stop. I've never been able to cut the Phoenix word.

cutkiller

Those are screenshot of my setting... at this point, compare with yours, and let me know if you see something wrong. Let me know if you need to see other setting...

AKWD

Its got to be a software/driver issue. Just cut fine for me, as-is. I used the 'Import' function to open the file; I right-clicked, clicked ungroup, and removed the large white box from it. I then selected all and hit Cut. On the advanced tab, everything is off except Auto-welf and optimize cutting order. Under Options, I have Send all colors, Single Panel, single job. Not much else should matter there.

I don't think I remember what version of Flexi you're on... Might be part of the problem.

When you do get to the Cut/Plot window, does it show the entire graphic when you are there? Do you have the Single pane, single color setting on (As well as the Send all colors?) I would almost suspect it might be something about how you're sending the cut, moreso the file... BUT

I have had issues in the past with some of the files I have needed from that site. As signmeup said, make sure you have permission to use the files from the copyright holder (Written permission will cover your butt there). Some of those files seem to be just improperly made; Made in some oddball program or otherwise. Some won't cut as-is, and you have to do a bit of work to get them up and running. Probably not the best place to get files usually, but it is sometimes one of the only options for us.

So far, as I see it, this file does look (and did cut) just fine for me. Just make sure you're using the Vinyl Master XY-300P driver, that you have the correct transmission settings and you should be good to go.

I don't know about others with the Master, but I do use the Parallel port currently and I do have the transmission buffer turned to full; I also have Use Standard LPT on as well.